DS' Kindergarten supply list.....

Please don't flame me - but I often wonder when I see these shopping lists - what happens to the huge amounts of tax dollars I spend every year to support the schools? Why do parents need to provide things that are necessary for education on top of funding it as well?

(Seriously, I'm just wondering..)

Your tax dollars are going to the ever-increasing costs of building maintenance, utilities, staff salaries and benefits, transportation (busses), computers, books, desks, blackboards, etc...

And, with the current economy, the school boards are even being asked to cut their budgets further. There are a lot of teachers being laid off and furloughed right now as part of budget cuts.

I remember we had to provide our own school supplies even when I was in grade school (30 years ago). But, at that time, the list was very basic (crayons, pencils, scissors, glue, pencil box). Personally, I don't mind sending in some supplies to help the teachers out so it doesn't come out of their pockets. But I think that some schools with more outrageous lists should sit down and rethink what is really "necessary".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter