Drug Testing

Drug testing is random and is mostly given to certain roles that drive, or life guards. This is just a guess but with weed becoming more legal (its legal where I live and federal laws were just lifted) they might be cracking down more. Even if its legal schools and employers can still fire or expel you for it. When you're accepted you have plenty of time to get it out of your system before arrival and its not worth putting your internship at risk while you're there.

Drug testing is random and is mostly given to certain roles that drive, or life guards. Even if its legal schools and employers can still fire or expel you for it. When you're accepted you have plenty of time to get it out of your system before arrival and its not worth putting your internship at risk while you're there.

I would never risk my internship, or other people, by doing anything while I was working. I stopped doing it as soon as it seemed like I might get the job. I just don't want to show up and get locked out the first day for something I did four months ago... Also I have really thick hair, so if they did a hair test first day I would be done. So I'm just like, why would accept the program if I won't even be allowed to start?

My S did Spr Adv 2011 & 2014 (QSFB). My D is waiting for Spr Adv 2014.

He got accepted without a hitch (1 week). He did have points deducted for calling in sick (sick not hungover) during his first CP.

My D had to submit additional paperwork for criminal background check. I wonder why her but not him either times. They selected similiar roles.
She's been waiting 2 weeks since her phone interview. Status: In-progress

BTW: Expect Disney to drug test. Guest safety is a priority

Also I have really thick hair, so if they did a hair test first day I would be done. So I'm just like, why would accept the program if I won't even be allowed to start?

totally understandable. If they test hair that would be bad, it stays there the longest. I have heard it is a pee test. Can anyone confirm how they drug test?

Well, it matters in that many employers are no longer hiring tobacco users. This is the current new trend being seen. In addition to a routine urine drug screen, many employers are also testing for the presence of nicotine and denying employment to nicotine users. Current employees are paying more for their health insurance and being offered cessation programs.

Well, it matters in that many employers are no longer hiring tobacco users. This is the current new trend being seen. In addition to a routine urine drug screen, many employers are also testing for the presence of nicotine and denying employment to nicotine users. Current employees are paying more for their health insurance and being offered cessation programs.

Tobacco use is condoned for Cast Members in ALL roles as long as it does not affect your ability to carry out your role.

However (common sense here), if on the clock, don't use on stage, use only during scheduled break time in designated areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter