Dropping someone off at WDW parks

englishteacha

Have courage and be kind.
I've posted this in several places in the past few weeks but haven't gotten a reply. I hope the tipsters here can help!

Is there somewhere at the parks where you can drop someone off if you're not staying for the day? We're sharing a rental car with friends and might go separate ways a day or two . Could we drop them off somewhere then meet back up with them to pick them up? Would we have to pay for parking?

Also, if we park at MK, but DH and I decide to hop to MGM or AK, is there transportation between those parks? I know you can hop the monorail from MK to Epcot, but I wasn't sure about getting to MGM or AK. Our friends haven't been to WDW, so they may want more time at places we've seen plenty of. Renting a second car isn't an option as they aren't yet 25 and the underage driver fees are atrocious.

ummm All I know is that you have to pay for parking no matter what even if you're dropping somebody off. My mom tried doing that about a month ago at Epcot and they still made her pay 9 dollars to bring us in there. I believe there is a place for them to be dropped off. If nobody responds to this, you could always ask the person near the entrance.

englishteacha said:
I've posted this in several places in the past few weeks but haven't gotten a reply. I hope the tipsters here can help!

Is there somewhere at the parks where you can drop someone off if you're not staying for the day? We're sharing a rental car with friends and might go separate ways a day or two . Could we drop them off somewhere then meet back up with them to pick them up? Would we have to pay for parking?

Also, if we park at MK, but DH and I decide to hop to MGM or AK, is there transportation between those parks? I know you can hop the monorail from MK to Epcot, but I wasn't sure about getting to MGM or AK. Our friends haven't been to WDW, so they may want more time at places we've seen plenty of. Renting a second car isn't an option as they aren't yet 25 and the underage driver fees are atrocious.

Hi! I stayed with 2 CM friends of mine several years ago, and since they had to work, and I wanted to play in the parks, we were in a similar situation. Basically, they would drop me off at DTD and I would take the buses wherever I wanted to go! No fee to park at DTD! Once I did go to the GF Spa that trip, and my friend drove me to the GF, told the Security guard he was dropping me off at the Spa, and he was given directions and allowed through. He dropped me off, I spent the day in the Spa, then headed to the pool bar to get a strawberry daiquiri. We met up there later for dinner. No problems. So, I imagine you could try something similar. Everything in WDW is linked. It may take some time but you can always get there. From Studios to Epcot, you can take a boat. From most other places you will have to take a bus (or two) to get from park to park. Good luck!

There is a drop off area at TTC. It is just before you get to the Polynesian resort. It is very clearly marked as a drop off area. From that area, you can take a monorail or bus to the theme parks. There is no charge to drop anyone off there.

If you do pay the parking fee, it will cover you at any of the Disney parking lots that day. So if you paid when dropping them at one park, you could go to another and park with the same pass.

To go to a different park you can catch a resort bus and then go from that resort to the park you want.

We did this last year in Oct. Hubbie too tired (and bad feet) to join us at AK on our last day.
I wanted to be dropped off at the front entrance but hubbie was nervous about driving past/thru the parking attendants. They funneled us into the parking lot and made us get out of the car without parking. I tried arguing with them but they just moved on parking more cars. We walked/trolley'ed to the front gate. I had 2 dd's and a stroller with me.
When I got into the park, I was hot. And not from the weather. Complained at guest relations about how dangerous it was and how they suggested I "meet up with hubbie in the parking lot at the end of the day". Surely there was a better and safer way?

Guest relations apoligized for attendants mistake and assured me that hubbie could pick us up at the front gate by using the medical/handicap lane. Used our cell phones to keep intouch and find the rental car, when the day was over.
Hope this helps. Enjoy the your trip.

The easiest thing to do if you are droping someone off but not going into the parks yourself is to drop them at a resort close to the park where they want to start the day. For instance, if they are goint to Epcot or MGM, drop them at one of the Epcot resorts (boardwalk, Yach & Beach Clubs, or Swan & Dolphin). If they are going to AK, drop them at AKL, and if they are going to MK, drop them at one of the MK resorts.

There is no fee to park or drop off or pick up at any of the resorts, but you will be issued a 3-hour parking pass if you enter one of the monorail resorts. Also, you need to go through the MK toll plaza to get to the monorail resorts; stay all the way to the right and tell the CM at the toll booth that you are going to Polynesian, and he will show you the road to take.

Park to park transportation:
Between MK and Epcot is via monorail.
Between MK and MGM is via bus.
Between MK and AK is via bus.
Between Epcot and MGM is via boat (from International Gateway) or by foot (VERY long and HOT walk).
Between Epcot and AK is via bus.
Between MGM and AK is via bus.

NOTE: Busses at Epcot are only located at the front. There are no bus stops at International Gateway; however, you can get busses to the other parks and Downtown Disney from one of the Epcot resorts.

NOTE2: There is no transportation from any of the theme parks to Downtown Disney, and no transportation from Downtown Disney to any of the theme parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter