Driving to DW from DC

Big Matt

Earning My Ears
I'm driving from DC to Orlando in April and want to break up the trip about 2/3 of the way and spend the night. Does anyone have any recommended places to stay along the way? I have a free night at any Marriott, but am willing to stay at other brands.

Thanks.

We always stop at the Hampton Inn, in Brunswick Ga. Neat, clean, safe, easy access to I95, walking distance to 2 restaurants.
My guess is that Marriott may have something in the Brunswick area--lots and lots of motels in that area.
Drive time to WDW from Brunswick is 4-4 1/2 hours, depending. We usually leave at 6:00 am or thereabouts and are checking in at OKW around 10:30.

When we made our drive down (and believe me, we WON'T do that again if we can help it) we drove all the way to Ormond Beach. It was a full days driving, but then we just stayed at a Comfort Inn on the beach (REALLY nice to wake up the sound of the ocean) and only had a short drive the following morning.

We like to drive to WDW from home :). We frequently make it to GA & stay at the Hampton Inn in Richmond Hills or Darian. Both are clean, safe & have friendly staff. There is a continental breakfast in the moring beginning at six.

VA Drivers-

We are attempting to make our 1st drive to WDW with 2 small kids (5,3)from northern VA. We are not big car travelers and wonder if we should even attempt it.

How many days driving will it take? Where do you stop?

It just costs so much to fly with 4 people, we're not sure if we can swing that along with the WDW trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter