• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving off before you get into the building

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
When your significant other drops you off at home, work, etc., do they wait until you are in the building before they drive off?

When your significant other drops you off at home, work, etc., do they wait until you are in the building before they drive off?

No. I am capable of walking unassisted. When I drop my parents off at their apartment, I make sure they get into their building ok. If I am dropping my wife off at work and she has lots of stuff to carry, I'll usually wait, otherwise, neither of us wait.

Both dh and I always wait. Well I don’t if I am dropping him off at the office but if it’s to his truck (which is technically dropping him off at work), I do wait just in case he forgot something or whatever.

If it’s any of my kids, I wait just until they get inside.

Well, if I’m dropping my toddler son and husband off somewhere, I always wait until they are a very safe distance from the car, which means they are most likely inside.

Otherwise, I only wait if we’re waving for a goodbye (like my son is waving goodbye to my husband until he can’t see him anymore) or I doubt their ability to safely get inside.

Dropping off at a public/work place I know is open - no waiting. Dropping off anywhere there is any question about getting into the building - usually wait and make sure.
Dropping off my kids - always wait.

I have a phone. If there happened to be something I forgot, or I got locked out of wherever I was dropped off I can always call. No big deal to me whether he actually waits or not.

Aways, just a common courtesy thing to do.
Sometimes, it can be rude because you can be blocking up traffic or parking spaces for people who need them. If I didn't believe the person was capable of getting inside the building safely, I would wait or more likely walk them to the door myself.

I think it can also be patronizing.

I can't remember the last time my spouse or I dropped the either one off, so I'm no help there.

But with my kids or their friends I always wait to see the door open before I drive off, well cuz they're kids and I feel responsible for their safety. This is almost always at a residential house. If I'm dropping them off at school or the mall, I don't wait.

I do when I drop someone off at a house, just to make sure they can get in ok. If there's a problem or someone isn't home and they can't get in, I don't want them to be stuck outside.

same here...my DH always waits until I'm safely inside and I do the same. Also same applies for friends or others. I'm a worrywart though - I'm always thinking the worst may happen. Or maybe they suddenly realize they forgot something really impt like their phone or keys or something in the car and I don't want to be peeling out of the parking lot and leaving them stranded.

I don't wait if it's DH, or even one of my own kids. Mostly because I know that if there was a problem, they would be calling me right away and I could just go back. I do usually wait if we are dropping off one of my kids' friends. I guess I feel more responsible for them, and less sure that they would call us right away if they had trouble. Personally, I never expect anyone to wait if they drop me off. I consider myself to be quite capable of dealing with any issue that comes up on my own, and hate to feel like an extra burden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter