Driving from San Diego to Anaheim

Around Laguna is pretty nice. North of Laguna going into Newport on the PCH is spectacular. Million dollar views. It would probably add an hour to your trip to take the 1 up to the 55 freeway to the 5. To me the view is worth the extra time. But I like that kind of thing. Some people rather take the freeway and get there quicker. But life is short. I think sometimes you should slow down and enjoy the view instead.

If you have never done it before and you want to see some phenomenal views, I highly recommend it. Everybody should drive it at least once. Also if you do it, take your time and stop at Crystal Cove shake shack on the PCH a couple of miles north of Laguna. Its a burger and fries stand with seating that sits on a cliff over looking the Pacific. Good food, good prices and amazing view of the ocean. Also the shakes there are fantastic. I recommend the pina colada. My wife loves the neapolitan.

If do stop at the shake shack, you may have to wait 5 minutes to park. When coming from the south, you will need to drive past the shake shack and do and turn around. There is a spot a little ways up the road where you can do it. Its worth the hassle !!

This is spot on advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter