• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving From NJ

Hello Trenton neighbor! My Hubbby is a Burg boy. (Can you believe this snow?)

We drove for the first time last fall and I would never fly again. We left at 5AM on a Friday. Zipped down 295 to Del. Mem. Bridge, also recommend the 301 route. We stayed in Richmond Hill Hampton Inn on the way down (AAA rates are great), then it was less than 5 hours to the World. We arrived much less stressed than we do when flying. On the way back we divided to trip a bit more evenly over two days.

I had not done an extensive road trip since NJ to Colorado in 1975 and was very pleasantly suprised at the improvements in services, rest areas, etc. I'll never forget a rest stop on the PA Turnpike in 1975--it was a state-run OUTHOUSE!

Have a wonderful and safe trip.

Hi,
Sure have gotten some great advice here!

Another vote for leaving at 3 or 4 in the am, beating the DC rush, as well as the 295 bypasses through Richmond and Jacksonville.

We did the drive from Bridgeton/Vineland area last year with our two boys(8 & 9mos.), and it was smooth sailing to Brunswick, GA. where we stayed overnight. The next day we were at Disney easily by lunchtime.

Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter