Driving 6000 Miles for the Magic: A Miracle Trip

:hug: Thank you so much for the pictures of Cinderellabration, we never saw that. I am sorry things didn't go better for you, I hope your remaining days at Disney were less stressful and full of magic.

I also wanted to thank you once again for the detailed information on the rides. It helps my b/f and I so much to know what he can do and can't do. You are an amazing woman. I will be next saturday reading again popcorn::.

Awww! Sorry this day didn't go so well! But I'm believing the magic:wizard: took over and you had better days!!!
Hope all is going well w/you and will be waiting on next SAt.

Sorry you had a less than magical day - I think that has happened to a lot of us :hug: .

Anyway, how 'bout that Jungle Cruise? We went on it for the FIRST time during our last trip - my little girls took the entire trip very seriously - ducking when the guide said to duck, etc.:laughing:

Thanks for the installment ... looking forward to next time!!!

Sorry you all had a bad day, Christamae. I think everybody hits the wall after being at WDW a few days, especially with all the planning and hard work your family does just to be there! I really felt for you having to miss the parade that was so close!!:sad1: I loved your pictures of Cinderellabration--we missed that since the show had changed to Dream Along with Mickey when we were there in October. But I loved the Mickey show and the music and we actually saw it twice. I hope your next day in the parks went smoother and with more smiles!:)

Hi Christamae:wave2: I think everyone has a bad day at Disney. It's hard to remember thought because of all the good stuff.pixiedust: Stickin' with ya girl. By the way have some of these....:hug: :hug: :dance3: :jumping2: :wave: :Pinkbounc KIM

Sorry you had such a bad day Christamae, good on Dad for fixing your tubes he's a star :) Great you could go on JC and thank goodness your mum finally got out also I was really dissappointed with the bears too!

Hi Christamae,
I'm way back on page 18, trying to catch up.

This ...
An older man in a scooter started up a conversation with us. He had nothing but praise for Disney. He had purchased 2 AP passes years ago for him and his wife. She was dying. She died that year. Between all her treatments and not feeling well, they only used the pass twice. One of the times they went they saw Illuminations. They loved it.

He went to renew his AP pass the year after her death. The CM asked why the pass had only been used twice. He told his story to the CM…who then proceeded to renew his pass for free.

made me cry. What an amazing story.

Still loving your report, and hope to be caught up soon!

Hmm, all caught up now!

Your report is so full of fascinating details, and it's really opening my eyes to hear what your family goes through in daily routine (the rained-on vent incident, oi!!!)

I'm sorry you had a bad couple of days, including your foot injury, and the mishaps at MK. You are just like all families in this way -- everybody has bad days, even at Disney.

Looking forward to reading the next installment ...

Thanks for all the replies.

Backstage Gal: Thanks for those kind words.

tokyodisneydad: Thanks for all your comments and consistant following. I hope Kiyumi (sp?) is doing well.

Echo queen: I kinda like the gold decorations on the castle, too. Even though we've only only been 5 times I think we've seen the different castle transfigurations including the infamous 25 anniversary pink version.

zigzagzerr:
But still, a bad day in Disney versus any day in the real world?
:thumbsup2 Precisely.

lovedcookie: Thanks.

KathyRN137: The costumes were pretty impressive for Cinderellabration. The homemade painstakingly put together guide was a sad loss...and I miss Indie's signature...Good and bad vibes spread...

disneyeeyorefan: Thank you.

momoftriplets: Dad likes that corney humor-and sleep deprived parents aren't the happiest. ;)

crgfsu1: Each not so good day always had a little gem.

Goofyluver:
don't you know yucky days aren't allowed at Disney???
Alas, if only that was true...

wendygrace: Thanks.

mrsksomeday: Thanks. I like sharing what I know to help others.

LeeLee2U: Thank you. Magic always prevails...

eyeheartgoofy: Not everyday can be good...I did enjoy Jungle Cruise.

whogirl'smom: Thank you. I think the pace was catching up to us. We never do that much and usually sleep more (especially Mom and Danielle).

burly (kim): Thanks. :hippie: :3dglasses The good definitely overshadowed the bad.

DisneyJo: Thanks...very thankful for the problem solving of my parents.

kpk89:wave2: Great to see you back! I love hearing of Disney's good deeds. Our life is definitely a roller coaster...

And now Doin' the park hop

Thursday, July 27, 2006

This was a sleep in day. We would also be park hopping between Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

The wildlife:

100_0754-2.jpg

First we headed to Epcot to ride Soarin’. This time the CMs were a bit more concerned. When they saw that I had to be physically supported they asked if I would be okay and almost seemed to want me to get off the ride. They also didn’t like the seat belt trick. Dad made like he was changing the seatbelt…but didn’t. :rolleyes1

For those of you that help to physically support a disabled member on a ride-never, ever mention this fact. At Disneyland Dad asked about Soarin’ and mentioned that he would need to help support me. The CM said that I couldn’t ride unless I could support myself. I wasn’t with Dad when he inquired. But when I went to ride, the CM looked at me suspiciously and said, “Can she support herself independently?”

Our answer, “She’ll be fine.”:upsidedow

Any transfer to a ride is carefully thought out. Soarin’ was our only transfer. Mom has always had the policy that she will try the ride (milder form of Muscular Dystrophy) and decide if we (Danielle and I) can ride. I still remember that thrill of happiness at DL when Mom proclaimed the ride safe. :banana:

I had that happy anticipation as I loaded on Soarin’ for the second ride this trip. And then we were off. The wind in my hair as I swooped and glided across the countryside. I think this ride is extra special to me because there is absolutely no way I could ever hang glide. But Disney gives me a taste of that adventure.

It is currently impossible for me to visit foreign countries. But I get a sampling of each one in World Showcase. I will never be able to travel to Africa for a Safari. But I can experience one at Disney. So many adventures and experiences. :cloud9:

Mom was much more relaxed this time around.

Next we decided to visit Figment and Journey into our imaginations. This is one of my favorite rides. At the dump shop, I inspected pins. I almost traded for
pin42034
but didn’t. When I came home and discovered that it was a cast member pin, I kicked myself. :headache: I could’ve gotten a good trade for that. Live and learn.

We decided to swing by Innoventions for the Fantastic Plastic exhibit cause you get a free souvenir.

After putting together our little robots, we headed to the monorail to park hop. I had heard horror stories here on the dis of the monorail to Epcot closing and people being stuck. So we asked how long the monorail to Epcot would run. I believe they said midnight. I breathed a sigh of relief and loaded.

It was pretty late so we hurried over to the wheelchair seating for Spectromagic.

Nuts. The second row.

These CMs weren’t as on top of things. The second row is definitely not as good. It would have been much better if the people accompanying the person in the wheelchair weren’t standing with them. This kinda annoyed me. Of all people, someone with a person in a wheelchair should know the importance of not standing in front of someone in a wheelchair. :sad2: The CMs didn’t do anything about it. Mom politely asked if the people standing in front of us could move. One group looked embarrassed, got a look of ‘duh,’ apologized, and moved. The other group gave a superior glance :snooty: and didn’t move. Well it was better.

One of the games played in the street before the parade involves throwing/bouncing this large ball around. Well, there were some very enthusiastic players and the ball kept bouncing towards the wheelchair group. There was a very nice elderly couple in front of us and after being almost clobbered twice, two sweet granddaughters set up a guard-bouncing the ball back. :duck: I was appreciative of this, too.

You see, my head is a bit of a ball magnet. It doesn’t matter how far away I am. If there is a ball in the general vicinity, it will find its way to my head. Sure enough, the ball soared past the protectors and pounced on my head. :scared: Thankfully, it was rather soft.

The parade was pretty good, not as good as the first time. I think the butterfly recognized me. I will always enjoy the sparkling, whirling, twirling, musical spectacular of Spectromagic. But our primary reason was to have good seats for Wishes.

“Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish, I wish tonight. We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do, and all our wishes (all our wishes), will come true.” And the eyes started to fill with tears. :sad1: And by the finale

“Wishes! Dream a dream (fate is kind)
Wishes! Set it free (she brings to those who love)
Wishes! Trust your heart (the sweet fulfilment of)
Just Believe (their secret longing)
Just Believe (just believe)
Like a bolt out of the blue,
fate steps in and sees you through.
When you wish upon a star, your dreams...come...true
Make a wish, and do as dreamers do (just do as dreamers do)
Make a wish!
(Wishes!) Dream a dream!
(Wishes!) Cross your heart!
And your wish...will...come...true!”

I was crying. :sad: That song just makes me want to drop all my inhibitions and go for my dreams. It makes me believe that they can happen. Even Dad liked it this time.

Grandma as we left MK:

100_0755.jpg

As we were doing our bathroom rounds outside Epcot, we discovered a strange phenomenon. These black clouds were swooping around the globe and making a strange noise.

Wait.

Those aren’t clouds…

They’re bats! :scared1:

Well, um, at least they’ll keep down the mosquitoes…

100_0757-2.jpg

And then, alas, it was time to go home.

It was a good day-but I was sad. Tomorrow was our last day. Then we had to leave the magic and return to the real world.

And drive

All the way back…

Still one more day, though.

To MGM!

And it would start out quite dramatically cause we got majorly trapped! :eek:

Stay tuned for all the adventure on Saturday, August 11.

Trapped! Our last visit - Page 31, Post #457

BATS??? :eek: Are you kidding me??? BATS???

And you know I LOVE Wishes. So magical. Makes me cry...every time. I know...I'm a sap!

Reach for the Stars Christamae. You may be one one day. Don't reach and you'll stay on the ground!
You have such a wonderfull writing style. You could get this published!

So glad ya'll had a much better time. Sorry about the 2cd row and the "other" family.. I can understand one person being w/ the one in the wheelchair (if they need to for med reasons), but yes when you have someone on your fam. in one you should know better. Your description on Soarin' made me decide to let my DS5 ride it. :)
Until next time :goodvibes

Christamae, so happy you could transfer for Soarin', it's my favorite ride too. Although I really would never try hang gliding in real life, I am terrified of falling.........

Another wonderful report, so sad it's coming to a close, I have been looking forward to your Saturday updates for the last few weeks.

But the good news is, you still have a day to go, and the trip back home, right????????? So more reports to look forward to !

hey just got to read your updates,

I love how you make me feel like im there with you, awesome writing,

Your writing really touches me:sad1: :upsidedow :rotfl:
Can't wait till next week, what am I going to do when your done:confused:

Glad you had such a magical day. I always hate the realization that a trip is coming to an end! UI hope your last day before the trip home was fun. I look forward to your next installment.

Another great update! I can't believe it's almost over.
I'm so glad you got to ride Soarin'. The music is so peaceful. (That's all I hear 'cause my eyes are always closed.:lmao: )

Sounds like a great day! I am glad you are able to enjoy Soarin' so much. I am still leary of it, but I will probably give it a try in October - you have convinced me. (I am still nervous about 'simulated' rides - I always get sick on them).

Your dreams will all come true - reach for the starts my dear! You seem to do so much more than a lot of people with lesser handicaps do. I am glad you live life to the fullest. Nothing seems to get you down. (not even a smashed toe!)

You know what, I dont think I have ever seen Wishes and I wont be able to in October when I am there. All I will be able to see is Hallowishes. Oh well, good reason for another trip. :goodvibes

Have a good week.

Until next Saturday,
Cathy

You're not the only one who cries at Wishes! (I was even getting a bit misty-eyed just reading your report!)

Soarin' is definitely incredible. Like you, I will probably never have the experience of hangliding. Not because I have MD, but because I am a big chicken!! :laughing: That ride really lets us immerse ourselves in the fantasy experience.....I think its my favorite!

I just knew you would have a better day, and you sure did!

Until next week,

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter