Driving 6000 Miles for the Magic: A Miracle Trip

It can't be almost over!!!! :sad: Your trip report has been wonderful Christamae. I hope your visit this weekend was wonderful!

Great Update.... sad to see the disney trip is over :( glad to see there will be most posts regarding the trip home!

"...they seemed disinterested in following the rules."

Christamae,

That is probably the most tactful and diplomatic description of the BTGs that I have ever read!! :rotfl: You are the best!!

I've said it before about your Dad: That man deserves a big "S" on his shirt, because he is Superman!!!

Collecting and trading pins is so addictive, isn't it? I'm glad you started; you seem to really get a lot of enjoyment from it! :goodvibes

Looking forward, as always, to the next weekend so I can read your next post!

Stay well,

Kathy

IDIOTS....oops it slipped out. Loudly.
Sad that your trip is over. it's never as much fun driving home, than it is driving to your destination. :sad2:
Will be here for the drive back. Hope you see some pretty sights on the way back. :cheer2:

Great update. I have been following your trip report since you started. I can feel your saddness in your report about packing and being your last day. We did our disney trip this past June and the last day is a sad feeling, despite all the fun you have had following week.
I look forward to your trip home and all your adventures you will tell us about.

Thanks for the installment!

The last day is always so bittersweet for me.

Glad your Dad was able to remedy the lift situation - he sounds so handy and inventive!

Congrats on getting untrapped....that could have been a very long and sad day otherwise.

You know, I'm never that happy with how the last day turns out either, no matter what we do. Always you know in the back of your mind that it is coming to an end. :guilty:

That's why I think the disboards are so great -- you get to take us through the whole thing and relive it yourself. Added bonus, right? ;)

I have had a marvelous time on your vacation, by the way....you will invite us again next time, won't you? :hippie:

:flower3:

Yea!:yay: for SUPERDAD!!!!!:yay: But poor ya'll! I can't imagine how ya'll were feeling!!!:eek:
Looks like ya'll had a good time at DA.
PTHMPHT on the lovely people at LMA!!!!;)
I'm sad:sad1: that this was your last day, but looking forward to your adventures home!:yay:

I just want to say, great trip report! You are a really good writer--I felt like I was right there with you!

I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed your trip report so far and can't wait to see how it ends! I think in my case it puts into perspective some of the challenges and difficulties that people with disabilities face every day. I think everyone who complains about accessible seating or the amount of time it takes to load a chair onto a bus should have to read your trip report!

I think you have a wonderful family and OMG, your dad is like superdad! I'm so happy that you were able to go on this wonderful trip and I hope there's no more troubles on the drive home!

Once again, thank you for all your replies. :goodvibes For those of you who missed the notice, if you'd like to follow the weekly adventures of Christamae, PM me and I'll give you the address.

Backstage Gal: Thanks for taking the whole road and the interest in the life of yours truly.

Echo queen: Thank you. I hope you enjoy my weekly exploits.:flower3:

rushing: Thanks :goodvibes

Goofyluver: :love: Don't cry, yet. Still some adventures. But, yes, Disney is done :(

Tanya90210: Thank you.

KathyRN137:
"...they seemed disinterested in following the rules."
Too bad 'disinterested' isn't a word-disinclined or uninterested. But I kinda like disinterested. :) Pins :thumbsup2

burly (kim) and sunlvr: The trip ending was sad and the drive home seemed a lot longer and more tedious. Hope you enjoy the ride back.

eyeheartgoofy: Last day=:sad1: Dad (and Mom) are both very good problem solvers.

zigzagzerr: It would've been a very big problem if we had to switch RVs. I have enjoyed writing this...If there is ever another trip-I will share.

LeeLee2U: We were a bit stressed being trapped on our last day of Disney. Thank goodness we got untrapped...Hope the trip home doesn't disappoint.

MedCruise07: Thank you...welcome to this report and the boards.

Princess Stitch: Thanks for your kind comments. I like to believe that if people truly try to understand another's situation, they will learn tolerance...

And now the first day back

Saturday July 29 was a very sad day.

We were leaving the happiest place on earth. Emotions were running high and they were all negative. Dad was in a Donald Duck mood :furious: . I was feeling rather glum :worried: that things had ended, especially because a return trip appeared impossible. I remembered all the challenges and problems getting to the magic and really didn’t want to face them again for the prospect of returning to hum drum life. Mom was so stressed about having to drive that she broke down and cried.:sad1:

Goodbye Mickey room:

100_0773.jpg

Goodbye villa:

100_0775.jpg

It wasn’t a very good departure. The whole drive was rather tense. :scared:

Most of this day is rather sketchy. I slept a lot. I think I ran on excitement adrenaline :hyper: for much of the time we were at the World. ‘Cause during the first few days on the way back I snoozed. :faint:

I do remember that I had a lot of dream songs in my head. “Fate is kind she brings to those who love the sweet fulfillment of their secret longing…” “when you wish upon a star makes no difference who you are…” “a dream is a wish your heart makes…” “Make a wish and do as dreamers do and may all our wishes come true” "if you can dream it than you can do it” “There’s a great big, beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day, there’s a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow’s just a dream away. Man has a dream and that’s a start, he follows that dream with mind and heart. And when it becomes a reality it’s a dream come true for you and me!” “I will go most anywhere to find where I belong…” “No matter how your heart is grieving if you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true…”

How could I make my dreams come true?

I also did a lot of reminiscing. Smiling at the jokes from Turtle Talk. The very cool Hawaiian dancers. Reveling in my imaaaagination. Being shrunk, becoming a bug, and flying through beloved Disney scenes. Feeling the magic permeate my soul on that first walk down Main Street. Delighting in the progress of man on the Carousel of Progress and wondering what wonders may be in our future. Bouncing along with Tigger and Dad’s fake scream at the Heffalumps and Woozles. My pin addiction started by Marjorie and added to by many kind cast members. The enchanting Spectromagic and hope filled Wishes. The patriotic infused American Adventure-spread your wings! Illuminations majesty-I can still hear the music in my head. Practically perfect MGM with a lot of our family favorites-Indiana Jones, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Lights, Motors, Action, Beauty and the Beast, the Great Movie Ride. Unexpected surprises of using the castle bathroom and meeting Cinderella, meeting Indie, experiencing Star Tours, chatting with Wes Palm and getting a little lion, eating frozen strawberry lemonade and Dole Whip, being given all those pins. The Festival of the Lion King and Safari! Sea life wonder and Sea World and a truly miraculous, inspired visit. Fantastic Fantasmic. “Soarin,’ flyin’” taking flight on the best Disney ride ever- SOARIN’. Acrobatic wonders at Epcot. Experiencing wonder of wonders, magic and pure, unadulterated happiness. :cloud9:

Yes there were bad things like rude people cutting me off and in the bathroom and the tour groups and crazy vent problem and owie injury and broken suction machine and getting stuck in the RV and… SHHH! :ssst: This is a happy reflection.:wizard:

Simply living a dream.

I was pulled out of my reflections by a torrential downpour as we pulled into Comfort Inn in Atlanta, Georgia. Now, I have a confession.

We don’t follow sports.

Or watch them.

At all. :duck:

The Olympics is basically the only time sports enter our lives and the big figure skating events.

Now, you baseball fans probably know why Saturday, July 29, 2006 would be a bad time to try to stop in Atlanta, Georgia.

We were completely clueless :rolleyes1 until the hotel check in lady told us how lucky we were. Getting the only two available rooms-only because a family just checked out-

It being the World Series and all.

World Series?!

Well, we never, in all our meticulous planning, even considered a sporting event. :blush:

Dad was still in a Donald Duck mood and, um, a bit frustrated at the prospect of having to set up all our stuff in a hotel room. Especially in a downpour.

So he turns to the sky, hands raised and says, “Fine! Why don’t you rain harder!!”
:eek:
Guess what?

It did.

Never challenge God or say something like, “things can’t possibly get worse.”

Anyway, a little wetter, we eventually settled into the hotel for another night on the road. Really very fortunate to have a room considering the World Series (and we call ourselves master planners :rolleyes2 -guess everyone has a weakness).

What adventures would follow?

The rain, the semi, the stress - Page 33, Post #490
More adventures on Saturday, August 25, 2007

Great Reflections.... I agree... never challenge god to make things worse....

World Series huh... of all the odds... one of the games on that same day...

Saturday July 29 was a very sad day.

We were leaving the happiest place on earth. Emotions were running high and they were all negative. Dad was in a Donald Duck mood :furious: . I was feeling rather glum :worried: that things had ended, especially because a return trip appeared impossible. I remembered all the challenges and problems getting to the magic and really didn’t want to face them again for the prospect of returning to hum drum life. Mom was so stressed about having to drive that she broke down and cried.:sad1:

Goodbye Mickey room:

100_0773.jpg

Goodbye villa:

100_0775.jpg

It wasn’t a very good departure. The whole drive was rather tense. :scared:

Most of this day is rather sketchy. I slept a lot. I think I ran on excitement adrenaline :hyper: for much of the time we were at the World. ‘Cause during the first few days on the way back I snoozed. :faint:

I do remember that I had a lot of dream songs in my head. “Fate is kind she brings to those who love the sweet fulfillment of their secret longing…” “when you wish upon a star makes no difference who you are…” “a dream is a wish your heart makes…” “Make a wish and do as dreamers do and may all our wishes come true” "if you can dream it than you can do it” “There’s a great big, beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day, there’s a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow’s just a dream away. Man has a dream and that’s a start, he follows that dream with mind and heart. And when it becomes a reality it’s a dream come true for you and me!” “I will go most anywhere to find where I belong…” “No matter how your heart is grieving if you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true…”

How could I make my dreams come true?

I also did a lot of reminiscing. Smiling at the jokes from Turtle Talk. The very cool Hawaiian dancers. Reveling in my imaaaagination. Being shrunk, becoming a bug, and flying through beloved Disney scenes. Feeling the magic permeate my soul on that first walk down Main Street. Delighting in the progress of man on the Carousel of Progress and wondering what wonders may be in our future. Bouncing along with Tigger and Dad’s fake scream at the Heffalumps and Woozles. My pin addiction started by Marjorie and added to by many kind cast members. The enchanting Spectromagic and hope filled Wishes. The patriotic infused American Adventure-spread your wings! Illuminations majesty-I can still hear the music in my head. Practically perfect MGM with a lot of our family favorites-Indiana Jones, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Lights, Motors, Action, Beauty and the Beast, the Great Movie Ride. Unexpected surprises of using the castle bathroom and meeting Cinderella, meeting Indie, experiencing Star Tours, chatting with Wes Palm and getting a little lion, eating frozen strawberry lemonade and Dole Whip, being given all those pins. The Festival of the Lion King and Safari! Sea life wonder and Sea World and a truly miraculous, inspired visit. Fantastic Fantasmic. “Soarin,’ flyin’” taking flight on the best Disney ride ever- SOARIN’. Acrobatic wonders at Epcot. Experiencing wonder of wonders, magic and pure, unadulterated happiness. :cloud9:

Yes there were bad things like rude people cutting me off and in the bathroom and the tour groups and crazy vent problem and owie injury and broken suction machine and getting stuck in the RV and… SHHH! :ssst: This is a happy reflection.:wizard:

Simply living a dream.

I was pulled out of my reflections by a torrential downpour as we pulled into Comfort Inn in Atlanta, Georgia. Now, I have a confession.

We don’t follow sports.

Or watch them.

At all. :duck:

The Olympics is basically the only time sports enter our lives and the big figure skating events.

Now, you baseball fans probably know why Saturday, July 29, 2006 would be a bad time to try to stop in Atlanta, Georgia.

We were completely clueless :rolleyes1 until the hotel check in lady told us how lucky we were. Getting the only two available rooms-only because a family just checked out-

It being the World Series and all.

World Series?!

Well, we never, in all our meticulous planning, even considered a sporting event. :blush:

Dad was still in a Donald Duck mood and, um, a bit frustrated at the prospect of having to set up all our stuff in a hotel room. Especially in a downpour.

So he turns to the sky, hands raised and says, “Fine! Why don’t you rain harder!!”
:eek:
Guess what?

It did.

Never challenge God or say something like, “things can’t possibly get worse.”

Anyway, a little wetter, we eventually settled into the hotel for another night on the road. Really very fortunate to have a room considering the World Series (and we call ourselves master planners :rolleyes2 -guess everyone has a weakness).

What adventures would follow?

More adventures on Saturday, August 25, 2007

Oh, Christamae, what lovely reflections. I am so glad you had a good trip all things considered. Sports indeed, I would have never thought of that!

Poor superhero DAD though, caught in the rain. I am sending him an extra special dose of pixiedust:

I can't wait!!!! :hyper:

Hmmmmm...I'm trying to figure it out! Is it a baseball game? Do you smell peanuts and crackerjacks???

Christamae,

I love your reports and look forward each week to reading the update.
Thank you for reminding me that not everything has to run like clock work or be perfect to be a success. I am the planner for our trips and really stress out and usually have at least one melt down in the happiest place on earth.
I will remember your amazingly positive attitude when I return next month.

Deb

Just keep thinking about all that incredibly good stuff and you'll realize it really did outweigh the bad! :goodvibes

You really did find the Magic! pixiedust:

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter