Dress Codes

Parrothd

We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About!
When I made my PSs for Flying Fish Cafe and California Grill the CM told me that they both have a "Smart Casual" dress-code. Can someone elaborate on "Smart Casual"? I've never heard that one before. Is it similar to "Resort Casual"?

We'll be eating at both of these restaurants on "park days". I always wear shorts, tennis shoes and a t-shirt to the parks. Now, I realize that a t-shirt isn't considered "Smart Casual" but, what about a pull-over shirt with a collar (golf shirt)? And, how 'bout shorts? I don't plan to even TAKE any long pants to Florida in June.
And, what about the women and the kids?

:sunny:

If i were you, I'd just show up how you are. I'm sure Disney wont care too much. But maybe you should call WDW main restaurant number. They will give you a good answer::MickeyMo Hope this helps! have fun!::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

we went last year after walking to boardwalk from MGM in our "park" clothes (shorts, etc.) and a little sweaty.

We were welcomed into the restaurant without a second look and had a fantastic meal. Many of the other folks in the restaurant were dressed in a "business casual" or nicer manner, though, and we fel we may have wanted to go to our room and freshen up next time before we would visit again. No one made us feel that way...it was just our own convictions setting in.

Essentially, it means no bathing suits and no tank tops for men. Most everything else is quite acceptable--including "park attire" which is how we're always dressed at FF and CG. Lots of folks do dress up a bit tho (collared shirt, etc) so if you want to do so, by all means do so!!
But you don't have to. As AreWeTHereYet suggests, no one is even going to give you a second glance.

This is something fairly new...smart casual being a part of the FF and CG dress code. I was making ps, while standing in front of the flying fish one night..we had just come from the park..the lady said dress code..smart casual..I said what..is that new..well, we can't go then..we just came from the park and we are standing right in front of the restaurant. She said..oh, no, just go..I am sure they will seat you. We went...most every one was dressed nicer..but, we were fine with it.

I ususally don't dine in establishments that advertise a dress code. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a slob or anything, it's just that I'm a "casual" kind of guy. If I can't wear nice shorts/t-shirts, (or nice jeans/sweatshirts in the winter) I usually don't go. In fact, when we went to an "all-inclusive" in Jamaica with some friends a few years ago, I actually had to purchase a pair of khaki pants for one of the "planned dinners" because they didn't allow the only thing I ever wear (denim). That is the only time I've ever worn them.......that one evening in Jamaica.
Anyway, even though these two places (FF & CG) have a dress code, I'm cutting them some slack because they're Disney. I'm just glad it's not a "real" dress-code. And, I would never consider wearing a tank-top or swimming trunks to a sit-down restaurant (so I guess I'm OK there). I guess I would just consider that to be more of a "common-sense" issue than a "dress-code" issue. But, as I always say, "the funny thing about common-sense is that it isn't".........(common that is). :teeth:

I can only assume that they established these "codes" out of necessity. I'm sure that there actually WERE people showing up to dine in their bathing suits. :crazy:

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter