Dreams Do Come True (and we are not even there yet)!-Trip 4 Started-6/28

Great recap of the start of your trip, Erika! The pics in the lobby are so cute!

I'm so happy you are doing a trip report with a pre-trip report!! :cool1::cool1:

Sara

Thanks, Sara.

I guess I should have listened to you before and done a trip report. ;) I am actually enjoying reliving my trips.

Thanks for reading!

Erika

I came over from Jen: MegansMom report I have read the first page and I am hooked. Now I need to read the rest.

:wave2: Welcome, I am glad you joined in for the fun.

I see that you have a trip coming up soon and celebrating 25 years at that! Wow, congratulations! :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading,
Erika

Trip 3-A Thankful Time at Disney World-Day 1 and Day 2 Completed

After we finally got into our Courtyard Bunk Bed room at the Wilderness Lodge, we all took a much needed nap. I woke early and our luggage had still not arrived so I called bell services and they brought it up immediately.

We all got freshened up and head to the Magic Kingdom. I was sooo excited to be seeing the Castle Lights for the first time. Oh my, they are gorgeous. Now, here is the weird part. I have no pictures from that night. So, you will have to wait until MVMCP evening for those.

We headed to Fantasy Land and rode It's A Small World. That was the first time we had ever rode it and we loved it.

Jeremy wanted to meet characters so we took off in search of short lines before Wishes and Spectro Magic.

Here is where the trip started to get interesting. I packed a mixture of clothing for the trip but failed to pack Jeremy only one hoodie. As it was cold in the evening, I had him put it on. You can see it in the pictures that follow.
IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

Now, I noticed he got some looks and the princesses acted sort of funny. But, honestly, I figured it had to do with my big 6 year old boy wanting to meet the princesses. Jeremy is so much bigger than his age and yes, we do get looks even when he was 7 waiting to see Santa! He looks like he is 10 or older. :eek:

We ended the evening watching Wishes and Spectro Magic and then head back to the Wilderness Lodge to get rest for our first full day at Disney.

Day 2-DHS Morning

We awoke bright and early to make rope drop at DHS. We had breakfast in the room. I tend to always take cereal with us on vacation so we can eat in the room while each other is getting dressed.
IMG_0938.jpg

Our mission this morning was to make rope drop and have Tom head with the masses to Toy Story Mania.

IMG_0995.jpg

We got there just as the opening show was finishing up. Tom, along with everyone else, headed for Toy Story mania. Jeremy was typical Jeremy and wanted to meet characters. These lovely ladies were the first out and we were excited. Daisy is my favorite character and up until this point we had never found her in the parks.

IMG_0944.jpg

Up next, was Stitch. He was hilarious. He kept playing jokes on Jeremy. He would take his pen and stick it up his nose. Jeremy loved it!

IMG_0947.jpg

Continued in Next Post:

More Stitch photos!

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

Our final meet was with Donald.

IMG_0960.jpg

At this point, Tom had secured Toy Story fast passes and we were ready to move on. Now, Jeremy had Tom and I hyped up before the trip as he kept going on and on about riding Tower of Terror. So, we were anxious to head that way. Well, guess what, Jeremy has a fit and no longer wants to ride. We didn't want to force it so we skipped Tower of Terror and head to Playhouse Disney. :sad1:Now, this would be our last time to see Playhouse Disney for awhile. Jeremy refused to go in 2009 as he informed me that he was now too big for that show. Boy, they grow up fast!

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

It was after this show that Jeremy started the "I want to go swimming" whine. Tom and I informed him that we wanted to do some things and that possibly we would try to let him swim before dinner this evening. This would not be the last time we heard it that day before we finally headed back to the resort.

After Playhouse Disney, we headed to meet more characters.

Sorcerer Mickey was up first!

IMG_0978.jpg

Characters from Bolt! Once again, we had a great character interaction. They were super with Jeremy.

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

Mr. and Mrs. Incredible

IMG_0988.jpg

After visiting with some great characters in Animation Studios, we headed to Toy Story Mania. We were all excited as this was our first time riding. We get there and this very nice elderly CM takes our fastpasses and says, I am sorry but these are for tomorrow. :confused3 At this point, I will admit, I am a very gulable person. I am thinking what in the world did Tom do this morning when he went to get those fastpasses and I am starting to panic as we had no plans to go to DHS on Thanksgiving. I start giving Tom the look :mad: and the CM burst out laughing. He said that one never gets old! :worship: I will admit, he got me good. I knew better. Fastpasses are only good for that day.

We get our glasses and are on our way!

IMG_0991.jpg

Jeremy and I rode together and Tom was by himself.

Here is our score:

IMG_0990.jpg

Yes, we sucked the first time! Of course, Tom beat us. He always does. Funny story---we got the Wii game this Christmas. Tom was beating me every time we played. Well, I pay more attention to details and finally figured out how to hit the high point items. I beat him all the time now! He gets so mad. I love :love: it! I can't wait to see if the Wii game will help better my score this summer.

After our disappointing loss on Toy Story mania and Tom's victory, we decided to call it a day early afternoon and head back to Wilderness Lodge. Tom and I had already decided that we needed to let Jeremy get the swim thing out of his system so we would not have to hear it any more this trip. Plus, we wanted to rest before the evening.

Up Next?

1. What will our first table service restaurant be at Disney World?
2. Is Jeremy really a hustler?
3. Will I be scared to death on Everest at night?

Stay tuned..........

Trip 3-A Thankful Time at Disney World

As we made our way back to the Wilderness Lodge, Jeremy was super excited to find his first (and only) towel object of the trip-a piece of candy!

IMG_0996.jpg

Jeremy got changed for the pool and he and I headed down. It was actually very pretty out that day, but it was still too cool for me to get in the water. Tom eventually joined me and we partaked in a nice pool beverage while Jeremy swam.

IMG_1002.jpg

After an hour, we headed back to the room to get ready for our very first table service dinner at Walt Disney World. Plus, we were heading to our first EMH at AK.

We took the boat over to the MK. Jeremy loved the boat ride. It didn't matter when it was, he always had to sit outside. I nearly froze to death many times but it didn't seem to bother him. Here is a picture on boat with the monorail overhead.

IMG_1008.jpg

We made our way into MK and headed for Liberty Tree Tavern. We were having Thanksgiving Dinner the day before Thanksgiving. We got there and were quickly seated.

I :love: the food at Liberty Tree. I am a stuffing girl. I could eat stuffing every day of the week. DH fell in love with the flank steak. There were no negative comments from us that evening. Before long, the characters started coming to the table.

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

I really hate that this is no longer a character dinner. I just loved seeing them in their colonial clothing.

After dinner, we head to the monorail to go to the ticket counter and catch a bus to AK. It was starting to get cold outside so I had Jeremy put his one and only hoodie on--the Happy Hustler one! We get to the loading area of the monorail and I notice that no one was in line to ride up front with the driver. I asked the driver if we could and he said sure. :cheer2: Jeremy has always wanted to do this so he was suuuuuupppppppeer excited!

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

It was starting to get dark and AK was calling our name.

Stay tuned...................

Hi Erika:yay:

I'm caught up on your PTR now! Woo-hoo! Can't wait to hear more about your 2008 trip. . .you know, it was too bad you and I didn't get a picture together at the Christmas Party! OH well.

I hope you have a fantastic trip- I know you will! I look forward to your TR when you return. It will tide me over until my trip comes!!!

Take care,
Kristin

Hi Erika!

Love reading about your previous trip! Thanksgiving - how nice! WOW - you got TONS of character photos! Sorry to hear it was chilly...and just 1 sweatshirt - that's why mom's always overpack for their kids! I know I always pack way too much but reading things like this confirms why I do it!

Looking forward to reading more on your trip!
Karen

Hi Erika:yay:

I'm caught up on your PTR now! Woo-hoo! Can't wait to hear more about your 2008 trip. . .you know, it was too bad you and I didn't get a picture together at the Christmas Party! OH well.

I hope you have a fantastic trip- I know you will! I look forward to your TR when you return. It will tide me over until my trip comes!!!

Take care,
Kristin

Kristin:

Thanks for joining! I was just thinking the same thing yesterday--we should have gotten a picture together. My first DIS meet and I have nothing to show for it. Oh well, there is always next time. Maybe our paths will cross again in the world some day.

Now, I have to get over to your trip and join in the fun.

Erika

Hi Erika!

Love reading about your previous trip! Thanksgiving - how nice! WOW - you got TONS of character photos! Sorry to hear it was chilly...and just 1 sweatshirt - that's why mom's always overpack for their kids! I know I always pack way too much but reading things like this confirms why I do it!

Looking forward to reading more on your trip!
Karen

Karen:

That was such a tough trip to pack for. It was really warm during the day and really cool at night. I was so concerned about luggage space that I only packed the one hoodie when he had tons hanging in his closet at home.

Needless to say, we soon realized that the shirt was drawing attention (more to come in the next update) and we shelled out the money and bought him a new Disney hoodie.

Yes, we did see a lot of characters that trip. I am glad as Jeremy had a lot of fun with it. He still wanted to meet characters in 2009 but not like 2008. I am afraid he may be done with it this trip. It really makes me sad.

Erika

Trip 3-A Thankful Time at Disney-Day 2 Complete

We got off the monorail and boarded a bus to AK for EMH. I was so excited to be heading to our very first EMH. We had never stayed on property before and this was such a treat! I was also excited as Jeremy had been talking about riding Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl.

It is getting very dark when we arrive so no pictures of the Christmas tree this evening. The tree of life was beautiful at night, but no pictures that I can find. I really have trouble with my camera at night. I need to read the owner's manual again.

I knew there was a late Finding Nemo show before the park closed so we walked very fast to get there. We were one of the last ones in but amazingly, found a seat down front. I love :love: this show. It is one of my favorites on property. Afterwards, we had about five minutes to get to the Lion King Show. EMH had started and boy what a difference that made. We get to the show and the place was not even halfway full. It was so nice and relaxing.

IMG_1064.jpg

After the show was over, we were anxious to hit some rides-esp. Everest and Dinosaur. Guess what happens, Jeremy refuses to ride Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl. He wants nothing to do with it. Tom and I really don't want to push the issue with him. I want him to ride something because he wants to, not because we forced him. He still wanted to ride Everest but we knew there was plenty time for that. So, we asked Jeremy what he would like to do. I will give you one guess as to what it was?

You

guessed

right!!!

Meet characters! He really enjoyed it this trip and I guess I should be very glad. Looking back on our trip last year his interest wasn't as much. I know it will be even less this year. Boy, my baby is growing up! :sad1:

Here are the characters dressed in their holiday gear at AK:

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

After Jeremy had met Mickey and Minnie, Tom and I were both starting to get dumbfounded. Every time Jeremy went to meet a character, they would point to his shirt and make a movement like they were laughing. I still did not understand why.

Here is a picture of the last character greeting we had that evening.

I love Lilo in her Christmas Dress and Stitch in his shirt.

IMG_1052-1.jpg

As Jeremy is meeting Lilo and Stitch, Stitch points to Jeremy's shirt, nudges Lilo, and they both start laughing. He then makes an issue to point it out to the cast member. The cast member looks at me and say "Where in the world did you find a shirt that says Happy Hustler". :idea:Ding, ding, the light goes off. Oh my, they think I am letting my child wear a shirt that says he is a happy hustler (defined as one who knows how to get money from others and happily at that). That is soooooo not what the shirt means. I quickly explained to the cast member that DS is in 4-H and his club is called the Happy Hustlers (defined as one who moves or acts energetically or rapidly). She got a big kick out of that while Tom and I were mortified.

Needless to say, Jeremy got a new hoodie the next morning at the Wilderness Lodge gift shop for $60 and it was worth every penny I spent. You will see it a lot in the next installments.

So after solving the hoodie mystery, we headed to Expedition Everest. It was sooo eerie at this point walking in the park. There were a lot of times we were the only ones and it appeared that they were pumping fog into the areas. I wish I had taken pictures. Expedition Everest was wonderful at night. The view of the tree of life is amazing plus the ride has a different feel in the dark. I would love to do that again.

Up next:

Thanksgiving at Disney World
Will Tom like Boma?

Trip 3-A Thankful Time at Disney - Thanksgiving Day

I had planned for Thanksgiving Day to be a sort of down day for us at Disney. We got up that morning and took a cab to the Grand Floridian. I had mixed thoughts of whether or not I would like this resort. It appears to me that it would not be kid friendly and a little uncomfortable for me. Boy was I wrong! As soon as I stepped in the lobby, I fell in love. It was soooo gorgeous and I definitely want to stay here some time. Tom even loved it and commented that he definitely want to stay there in the near future! :thumbsup2

The Christmas tree was gorgeous! --notice Jeremy's new hoodie in the picture!

IMG_1074.jpg

The gingerbread house blew me away! It was so pretty. I bought us some shingles to share when we left the GF. I thought it was pretty good but the boys not so much.

IMG_1075.jpg

When I started planning this trip, I found that there were some special things that children could do other than the kids club. I found the Pirate Adventure out of the GF and thought Jeremy would really like that. It would give him some alone time with other children his age, allow us to see the GF, and give Tom and I some time to explore MK on our own.

I checked Jeremy in at the marina and they gave him some Pirate ears and a vest to wear.

IMG_1083.jpg

I think he is trying to be a pirate here. The boat for the adventure looks like a pirate boat which Jeremy loved.

IMG_1084.jpg

Here is Jeremy getting ready to head out on his hunt for treasure!

IMG_1090.jpg

As the boat pulls out of dock, the children yell Aaargh! If my memory serves me right, I think they go to the Poly, WL, and Ft. Wilderness Beaches. I know they have lunch on the beach at Ft. Wilderness.

IMG_1102.jpg

Once the boat was out of sight, Tom and I headed to the monorail to spend some alone time at the MK. On the way there, I ask Tom for my card. The night before I had unlocked the door and Tom decided to head down to Roaring Forks for a snack. I gave him my card to get back in the room instead of getting his own out of his pocket. Well, guess what-------------my card is laying on the dresser :scared1:! I was really aggravated as it threw a major wrench in our plans. I was sooooo looking forward to that morning. We decided to get a cab back to the WL. We go to the front of the GF and tell the gentleman we need to get a cab. There is man standing there in a suit that asks where we are going. We tell him and he says he will take us. It seems that the GF has someone who takes guests where they need to go in an SUV. He was super nice and told us that the day before, he had been down to Clearwater as a guest had left their labtop at the GF and he needed it. Wow, that is service! Tom went to tip him very nice and he would not take it.

I get the key and we decide to just eat breakfast on the outside area off of Roaring Fork. We ended up having a nice morning. We took the boat back to the MK and then the monorail to GF.

As Jeremy's pirate crew started coming into dock, this is what we saw.

IMG_1104.jpg

He was mad it was over! He had a blast. At the end, each child got a bag of loot. He didn't stop talking about it the entire trip! It was worth every dime we spent.

We boarded the monorail and headed to the ticket counter. Our next stop was a Safari in Africa and a Jingle Jungle parade!

Stay tuned.................................................

GF is so pretty! I would like to stay there some day too! We only saw a little bit of it though when we were there for dinner @ 1900 PF! Loving the Christmas Decor!

Pirate Cruise looks neat...i had thought about it for my DS but not sure he would just go off like that...

That's too funny about the hoodie!! I like the new Mickey one though!! ;)

Hi Erika!

Love your trip updates! Again more great chatracter pix! :rotfl: Happy Hustler :rotfl: that is hilarious. I would have done the same thing though - forked out the cash for a new sweatshirt asap! Lion King show looks SO good, I can't wait to see that!

The pirate cuise looks really cool, glad Jeremy liked it so much!
Karen

Erika - boy, you are chugging right along with your report! I'm loving it!! That hoodie story is hilarious and now every time you look at those photos it must make you guys laugh! :rotfl: Boy, that day before Thanksgiving was a doozie - 3 parks PLUS swimming! You really get a lot done!

Love the Thanksgiving Day so far! Sounds like a great day and the pirate cruise looks like a blast! I keep thinking I will do that for the kids and for some reason have never booked it. :confused3 Might try next time (at least for the girls - Michael might feel too old for it now...:confused:)

Standing by ready for more.....

Sara

GF is so pretty! I would like to stay there some day too! We only saw a little bit of it though when we were there for dinner @ 1900 PF! Loving the Christmas Decor!

Pirate Cruise looks neat...i had thought about it for my DS but not sure he would just go off like that...

That's too funny about the hoodie!! I like the new Mickey one though!! ;)

Heather:

The GF is beautiful. I would love to eat dinner at 1900 PF. It looks like so much fun. DS won't have anything to do with princess dinners now so I guess I will have to add to my futures list.

Jeremy was 6 when he did the cruise. He is going on one this trip out of the Yacht Club. It goes around the world showcase before it opens I believe. Jeremy can hardly wait!

Boy, we are getting closer. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!

Erika

Hi Erika!

Love your trip updates! Again more great chatracter pix! :rotfl: Happy Hustler :rotfl: that is hilarious. I would have done the same thing though - forked out the cash for a new sweatshirt asap! Lion King show looks SO good, I can't wait to see that!

The pirate cuise looks really cool, glad Jeremy liked it so much!
Karen

Karen:

Guess what? I have a ton of character pictures still to come from this trip! :rotfl2:

The pirate cruise is a lot of fun. Jeremy is doing one this trip and he is super excited? It is out of the Yacht Club. I am anxious to check out that area so Tom and I are not going to do a park while he is gone. Don't want another room key mishap!

Erika

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter