Dreams Do Come True (and we are not even there yet)!-Trip 4 Started-6/28

Just wanted to hear more about the pirates and pals cruise! Might look into that now ... where did you get the rates, etc? On the DIS?

Hi Erika!!

How was your trip to Washington DC? I hope it was good! We just got back this afternoon, I'm completely exhausted! I took over 500 photos...I have a lot of work to do the next few weeks editing them all (plus the 150 pix my mom took)!! I was just checking in to see if you had posted an update yet...hope to see you back on the DIS soon!

Karen

:wave2:Hello everyone!

I feel like I have been gone forever. I have been so busy since we got back from DC that I have hardly had the time to even breathe!

We had a fabulous time in DC. DH was able to go. The doctor gave him a second shot the day before we left. Granted, the drive up was a killer with me often asking him if he wanted to turn around and go home but we made it. We had such a good time that we decided to stay two extra days. I am going to try and upload my pictures tonight and will give you a short trip report.

I vowed to not make any more changes to our Disney plans but the DC trip add on resulted in a major Disney change. The extra two days meant of course two more nights lodging and extra expense so we decided to change resorts once again for the first part of our Disney trip. We are no longer at the Poly :sad1:. I guess it will have to be put back on my dream trips of the future. I called and booked the first four nights at Coronado Springs. I did keep the last five nights at AKL Club Level. We like Coronado and Jeremy loves the pool so everything worked out okay.

So, I promised a short report on our second trip to Disney. I hope to have it up tomorrow. Bare with me, I have been back 4 days and have to get to the grocery tonight as there is nothing in our house to eat. Plus, I made a very big decision about My health this past week and I have the first meeting regarding it today. I will explain more later this week.

Erika

Just wanted to hear more about the pirates and pals cruise! Might look into that now ... where did you get the rates, etc? On the DIS?

I found the rates on all ears and the reports/reviews on the Dis. I just searched for pirates and pals and it will bring up some trip reports. You meet at the Contemporary and have light snacks (soda, pretzels, fruit--nothing fancy). While there, Captain Hook and Smee comes out for meet and greets. Then Patch (I think both captains are named Patch or Patches) come and they are your guide for the evening. You get on the boat at the contemporary (there are two boats). You go out and it says you may see the Electric Water Pagent on some nights. You will anchor for wishes and then on the way back Patch tells the story of Peter Pan who will be waiting to meet you for a meet and greet when you dock. It looks like Patch does fun games with the children on board and give thems prizes. You do have to prepay for this when you book it.

It looks like fun. It was a real plus for us to do since we did not want to fight those crowds for the 4th of July preview fireworks on the 3rd.

Erika

Hi Erika!!

How was your trip to Washington DC? I hope it was good! We just got back this afternoon, I'm completely exhausted! I took over 500 photos...I have a lot of work to do the next few weeks editing them all (plus the 150 pix my mom took)!! I was just checking in to see if you had posted an update yet...hope to see you back on the DIS soon!

Karen

Hi Karen:

We had a blast in DC. We loved it so much we stayed two extra days. I am going to post a short trip report later this week.

Like you, I am still exhausted. I went back to work the next day after we returned home and that was a big mistake. I have been worn out ever since.

I am going over to your report now to read your post. I glanced quickly and noticed you are doing a report as well. :surfweb:Can't wait to read!

Erika

Glad to hear that DH was able to go....and that ya'll had a good time!

Maybe next time for Poly! ;)

I have added another adr of course but I also vowed not to change ANYTHING else! :rolleyes1

Decisions are so tough when it comes to Disney!! ;)

Hello to all who are still following this very slow moving, ever changing Pre-Trip Report. I can't believe it has been 20 days since I last posted anything in this report!:scared1: I promise I will do better.

If you notice my ticker I have once again changed my plans. Yes, I changed resorts! I think I last mentioned that we had changed to a split stay at CS and AKL Club level. Well, DH was still not happy about CS so I changed the entire 9 nights to AKL and dropped the club level. Well, guess what? You got it. We changed yet again and for the last time---I promise! Tom and I debated the AKL and its location and we decided that although I think it would be magical to stay at AKL, WL would be much better for us since it is closer to MK and Epcot-our two favorite parks. We loved our stay there a few years ago. Plus, Jeremy loves the boat ride to MK so we switched this weekend. I am actually getting really excited about it and can't wait to go back.

So, of course you know I couldn't leave the dining ressies alone either so I did make some changes to those as well. I will share those later.

My intent all along has been to do short trip reports of our trips to Disney. So, here is Trip 2.

Do we really change motels at midnight? :scared1:-Trip 2

At the end of 2006, DH and I were in the middle of building a new home, literally. With the help of my dad, we subcontracted out the various parts of building our house and then DH and dad finished the inside. We moved into our home in 2007. I got the bright idea a few weeks before DS's spring break that we should take a quick vacation to Florida since we really needed a break.

We booked two nights on the beach and three nights in Orlando.

I will admit right here, that I have always had a resort/change problem. When I booked the three nights in Orlando, I booked at a timeshare we own. Well, I listened to a friend who had just been to Orlando tell me about this chain (I won't mention the name) who had a great rate in Kissimee and how wonderful the place was. So, I switched resorts.

This trip started on St. Pete's Beach with freezing temperatures. Yes, it was below freezing Easter morning. We never even got in the water the two days we were there. :sad2:

Needless to say, I was anxious to leave Easter morning and head to Orlando. So, we go to the motel and it looks okay outside, except for all the police who are there!:scared1: That should have been clue #1 to leave but we decided to give it a try. The room was okay, nothing to brag about. We go out for dinner and come back, and oh my, I felt so uncomfortable. There were people partying everywhere. Guys drunk and yelling at each other. Now, DH is a big man and a cop and I didn't even feel safe with him there. We decided to stay the night and if it didn't get better we would leave in the morning. We go to bed and the bed literally is like sleeping on plywood. DH and DS actually get to sleep. But, for me, well I can't take it no more. At midnight, I get up and start calling to find a room for the rest of the trip. DH wakes up and finds me in the bathroom on the phone. He gives me the go ahead and we book a Fairfield Inn for the evening and yes, we packed up and left. :woohoo: I was never so happy to leave a place in my entire life.

That is our moment for that trip! Something always happens to us on vacation!

Next:
Will we make rope drop at the MK with only a few hours of sleep?
Trip 3-Does Mickey think DS's a hustler? Stay tuned.

Erika

Still here!! :goodvibes

WL looks so warm & cozy! We will be there 7/2 eating dinner @ WCC @
8:45p!!

I too am changing the adrs...hopefully I'm done though now! :lmao:
DD wanted to eat with Alice in Wonderland...so...we canceled CM on our last day and eating at 1900PF for breakfast.

OH.....our tickers are under 2 months now!!
:woohoo::woohoo::dance3::banana::banana:

We are getting so excited around our house!!

Hi Erika!

Welcome Back! Glad to see your update and glad you got your resort all switched around and figured out! WL looks beautiful!

I'm not much of a switcher - once I have my mind set on something, that's it! There's no changing it!

Wow - sorry to hear your first hotel on the last trip was so awful! I've never really had a bad hotel here in the US, but once in Mexico a friend and I got ourselves into this horrible hotel - I seriously thought we might be in trouble there - 2 young girls all alone in a really shady part of town and really bad hotel. We literally baricaded the door and just prayed for morning! I was never so happy to leave a place - so I can relate to how you felt there!

Looking forward to reading more of your updates!
Karen

Still here!! :goodvibes

WL looks so warm & cozy! We will be there 7/2 eating dinner @ WCC @
8:45p!!

I too am changing the adrs...hopefully I'm done though now! :lmao:
DD wanted to eat with Alice in Wonderland...so...we canceled CM on our last day and eating at 1900PF for breakfast.

OH.....our tickers are under 2 months now!!
:woohoo::woohoo::dance3::banana::banana:

We are getting so excited around our house!!

I know! :banana: I am starting to get very excited. We eat at WCC on 7/3 but maybe I will bump into you in the lobby on 7/2.

Erika

Hi Erika!

Welcome Back! Glad to see your update and glad you got your resort all switched around and figured out! WL looks beautiful!

I'm not much of a switcher - once I have my mind set on something, that's it! There's no changing it!

Wow - sorry to hear your first hotel on the last trip was so awful! I've never really had a bad hotel here in the US, but once in Mexico a friend and I got ourselves into this horrible hotel - I seriously thought we might be in trouble there - 2 young girls all alone in a really shady part of town and really bad hotel. We literally baricaded the door and just prayed for morning! I was never so happy to leave a place - so I can relate to how you felt there!

Looking forward to reading more of your updates!
Karen

Hi Karen:

Oh my, that is scary! I would have died in Mexico.

I don't know what is it but I have the hardest time deciding where to stay on Disney. I wish I could travel all the time and stay at all their resorts. They are so beautifully themed. We did love the WL a few years ago and I know it will work best for us.

Erika

All caught up! :goodvibes What a scary sounding hotel on that trip! :eek: I don't blame you for finding someplace else to go! That would have been me too - sitting in the bathroom, dialing every hotel in the phone book!

WL will be great! You are going to have a great time! Other than the Poly, it's the next place I would want to stay. Dang that 4 to a room thing though. :headache: Guess I could always leave Shawn at home! :lmao:

Sara

Trip 2-Will we Make Rope Drop at the MK?

After changing hotels and getting to bed in the early hours of the morning, we still managed to make it to Magic Kingdom right after it opened. It was the day after Easter and was raining. Luckily for us, the park was not crowded and we got so much done that day.

And, surprisingly to us, Jeremy wanted to ride this time. DH and I both were hesitant about Pooh's ride as the bouncing honey pots did it for us last time, but he loved that ride. It was sooo great! :cool1: We rode Dumbo, Pooh, Tea Pots, Peter Pan, the Carousel and Snow White within no time. We ventured to the Barnstormer, anxious to see if Jeremy would want to ride or not. Well, he loved it. I cannot remember how many times we rode it that day. I can remember the morning very well but the rest of the day is hazy. I know we rode Splash Mountain as we got stuck on the ride. A duck was in the water!! They gave us a free fast pass that we used on the Jungle Cruise. Jeremy loved that! The guide was hilarious and kept making jokes about Cincinnati. All in all, it was a great day and really got my Disney addiction going.

We went back to our new motel that evening with visions of Sea World in our head!

The next day was our first trip to Sea World. We only stayed about half of the day as it was yet again raining. We loved the Believe show. It is amazing to watch what they are able to do with whales. I know we watched the Clyde and Seymour show as the pre-show was hilarious. They have this guy that entertains the audience like he is directing you into the stadium. He is soo funny. We definitely want to go back here some day and enjoy the entire park.

At this point, I should let you know that I did take pictures of these days. It was on my old camera that actually took film. For some reason, I cannot find the CD's. I could only find a picture from our last day in Orlando at Animal Kingdom on all my CD's. Go figure!:confused:

Finally, the very last day of this trip started feeling like Florida weather. We were headed to Animal Kingdom this day and it was hot. I know we did the safari, the Lion King show, It's Tough to Be a Bug, the train, and visited Dino Land. This was also the first year for the Nemo show and Jeremy loved it:love:. I think we all do. It is one of our favorite shows on property. The best thing happened on this day!!! Jeremy wanted to ride Expedition Everest. Granted, I am not a huge coaster fan but if my five year old child is brave enough, well than surely I can try. Our ride picture is hilarious. Tom is beaming, Jeremy looks like a deer in headlights, and I am behind them with my eyes closed hanging on for dear life! :rotfl2: All in all, we loved the ride and it is a must everytime we go.

Here is the only photo I can find from this trip!
IMG025_0001-1.jpg

This short trip to the world only had me wanting to go back for more! Disney World is truly such a magical place. :wizard: Needless to say, I started planning our November 2008 trip in October 2007.

Up Next:

Our first Thanksgiving at Disney World.
What became our favorite show at Disney?
Will we like the resort?
Do we finally eat table service at Disney?
Do we get to raise the flags?

Plus, tons of pictures (over 800 to be exact).

Oh, and will Mickey think Jeremy is a hustler?

This picture tells it all!

IMG_1052-1.jpg

Erika

All caught up! :goodvibes What a scary sounding hotel on that trip! :eek: I don't blame you for finding someplace else to go! That would have been me too - sitting in the bathroom, dialing every hotel in the phone book!

WL will be great! You are going to have a great time! Other than the Poly, it's the next place I would want to stay. Dang that 4 to a room thing though. :headache: Guess I could always leave Shawn at home! :lmao:

Sara

:rotfl2::rotfl2:There are times I would like to leave Tom at home too!!!! Too funny!

Trip 3-A Thankful Time at Disney World!

After Trip 1 and Trip 2, I knew we had to go back to Disney! But, the question was when? So, after much research and debate, we settled for going over Thanksgiving in 2008. I started planning in October 2007. Unlike the other trips, I bought every book I could find, I read everything online :surfweb:, joined the DIS :thumbsup2, and watched as many Disney shows as possible. I bought our airfare in January, made ressies in May, bought MVMCP tickets the first day the were on sale. You get the picture. I was overly planning So, with all my knowledge in hand, we embarked for Disney the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, 2008.

Day 1-Tuesday

Our flight left Cincinnati around 9:00 that morning. We were all so excited to be going that we were at the airport way early. I wish I had taken a picture of the parking lot. It was empty in long-term parking. The driver told us that was so unusual for that time of year and was really a sign of the times. It was a smooth flight to Orlando and we were on our way to our first ride on Disney's Magical Express. It didn't take long for us to get on the bus. I was a little disappointed as I couldn't wait to get a picture in front of the bus. Well, it would be our luck that they were extremely busy that day and we ended up with a regular Mears bus. So no, picture :confused3

It wasn't long before we were pulling into the beautiful Wilderness Lodge. Oh my, we were all amazed when we walked in. The resort at Christmas was breathtaking. I knew we had made the right choice. :cloud9:

IMG_0895-1.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

The only bad experience I had here was at check-in. This nice girl was checking me in and told me that our room was ready. She stated that I had a courtyard view with 2 queen beds. :eek: I politely told her that no that was not possible as I had booked courtyard view with bunk beds. Jeremy was really excited about sleeping in a bunk bed! She told me that they were both the same price and we had to take whatever was available. :rolleyes1Uh no, they are not and I paid more money for the bunk beds. She then said she could get them for me the next day but not today. :headache:Now, Tom could see I was starting to get aggravated and that made him get aggravated. However, I politely asked for a manager who quickly resolved the issue but we would have to wait for our room. No big deal! I had not expected to get in the room yet anyway.

We then headed for Roaring Forks for some lunch as it had been a long time since breakfast. Boy, we love :love: Roaring Forks. I have not ate anything bad there. The sandwiches are delicious. While we were eating, the call came that our room was ready.

I was anxious to see if we would have a towel animal but no such luck.

Here is Jeremy on his bunk bed.

IMG_0899.jpg

Up Next:

Our first view of the castle lights!
Why do the princesses keep looking at Jeremy's shirt funny?

Great recap of the start of your trip, Erika! The pics in the lobby are so cute!

I'm so happy you are doing a trip report with a pre-trip report!! :cool1::cool1:

Sara

I came over from Jen: MegansMom report I have read the first page and I am hooked. Now I need to read the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter