• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Trip report link!

I'm so glad you travel day was uneventful. And I'm glad you rebooked your car at a cheaper price. I just love those European license plates. They make ours in the USA look so boring and uncool.

Sorry about the room snafu. That really does stink, but I do love your welcoming gift and the rose. Very nice.

OK - let the fun begin!!!!!!:cool1:

That had to be so frustrating checking in. I hope they were able to change your room the next day

I'm so glad you travel day was uneventful. And I'm glad you rebooked your car at a cheaper price. I just love those European license plates. They make ours in the USA look so boring and uncool.

Sorry about the room snafu. That really does stink, but I do love your welcoming gift and the rose. Very nice.

OK - let the fun begin!!!!!!:cool1:

Yes, apart from the room mixup it was pretty uneventful. ;)
I was just so ticked off, as it happens EVERY time! :lmao:

Just a little more food and we can head to the parks. ;) :rotfl2:

That had to be so frustrating checking in. I hope they were able to change your room the next day

Not to take anything away, but we were able to move to another room the next day. Especially since the daybed really took away a lot of the space and it was not very comfortable at all. :mad:
And CMs here are not as awesome as CMs in the US. Most of them are just "doing their job" - they do not "live" the Disney spirit. ;)

Loved the teaser photos Karin...so pretty all decked out for the holidays.

Glad you had smooth travel day...well, until you checked in for your room. I would have had a real fit, welcome gift or not, for the hassle and the CM spending too much time talking with his co-worker.

Day 1, January 3
Not as planned, but a nice surprise!- Part 3

By then we were already a bit on the tired side and we still wanted to get some dinner from Earl of Sandwich, so we just left everything in the room, I grabbed my purse and off we went to the Disney Village.
Going through security was a breeze at that time of day and it is only a few steps over to Earl of Sandwich.

They were still serving, so we ordered two sandwiches, paid for them and then waited for them to be ready.

Soon our buzzer went off and we picked up our food. There was just one more thing I wanted to look for right now. We headed over to the shops to find that one of them had closed to make way for a new Lego store, but once we were in the Disney Art Shop I found what was really high on my list of priorities, a new Disneyland Paris calendar. 2 Calendars were quickly picked up, luckily Tom had his annual pass, so we could apply the 20% discount and we were soon on our way back to the hotel.

Once in the room Tom went to get some ice and it took forever for him to return. As I should learn myself a little later, the machine was pretty “greedy” with the ice cubes, releasing only one at a time and having a break in between two cubes. :rotfl2:
But finally he returned and we laid the table with all the goodies we had bought. Tom had gotten some

freshly made sushi, we had bought

Boursin cheese, two different goats cheeses,

some baguette and an

All American, Roasted Turkey, Buttermilk Ranch, Cranberries, Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce & Roma Tomatoes and

The Original 1762, Freshly Roasted Beef, Sharp Cheddar & Creamy Horseradish Sauce as well as some

"liquid food". We used Tom’s pad to watch a bit of TV

while eating our dinner and after we had stuffed ourselves we had a taste of the sweets we had picked up.
Tom had gotten some

raisin and vanilla cream rolls and I had picked up some

yummy eclairs. We put the leftovers into zip-lock bags and packed them all into the collapsible cooler I had brought.
It was getting towards midnight and we were both really tired by then, so we just went to bed.

Loved the teaser photos Karin...so pretty all decked out for the holidays.

Glad you had smooth travel day...well, until you checked in for your room. I would have had a real fit, welcome gift or not, for the hassle and the CM spending too much time talking with his co-worker.

I am glad you enjoyed the photos and TR so far. :goodvibes
And, you have NO idea, HOW close I have been to that "fit" at check-in. Hadn't I been a bit tired and exhausted, I think the CM might not have gotten off so easily. :rotfl2:

Good thing I am leaving the office now to go home and have dinner or I would be really angry with you for your last update. Not only do I love Earl of Sandwich, but I am starving. Mark would love those eclairs (me not so much...I don't like the filling).

Good thing I am leaving the office now to go home and have dinner or I would be really angry with you for your last update. Not only do I love Earl of Sandwich, but I am starving. Mark would love those eclairs (me not so much...I don't like the filling).

I am very sorry, Kathy, but it is going towards midnight here and we all have had our dinner! :rotfl2:
We love that they now have Earl of Sandwich in the village - food that we really like and even at a reasonable price. We discovered they are doing Pizza for dinner, but never got around to trying it, so there is something we want to try in the summer.
Oh, and the filling of the Eclairs here is different to the filling at Epcot. I really LOVE the ones we get here. :goodvibes

Great updates Karin!! Too bad about the room the first night !!! EOS is always great!!!

Thank you, Rosie!
I was pretty upset about the room, but once we knew WHY they put us in that particular one I felt a bit better.
We never make it to EoS in WDW as there is always WPE that draws us in, but here in Paris, EoS is one of our favourite restaurants. :goodvibes

Hope your cold is getting better soon. :hug:

The flights sound like they were good. I am still looking for airfare from Venice to Paris. So confusing. LOL
Glad you found a better deal for the car.
It is really expensive to stay there. I am thinking of staying at a resort nearby being it is one night only.
The room looked nice.
The sandwich looks delicious.
Great updates and pics.

The flights sound like they were good. I am still looking for airfare from Venice to Paris. So confusing. LOL
Glad you found a better deal for the car.
It is really expensive to stay there. I am thinking of staying at a resort nearby being it is one night only.
The room looked nice.
The sandwich looks delicious.
Great updates and pics.

We really like flying Lufthansa. And the other issue is that we like to fly out of our home airport and since it is tiny there is not much choice. :rotfl2:
We used to stay at the Santa Fe for years, then ventured to stay offsite and have now found a nice little villa resort that gives you a whole house with all the amenities. Makes a lot more sense for us as we like to self cater.
But if we stay for very short trips or special occasions we really like the NY. But it is on the more expensive side. ;)

As for your flights from Venice to Paris - be aware that here in Europe one way flights can often be FAR more expensive than round trip tickets. So don't rule out buying a round trip ticket and just forget about the flight back.
When are you going to Paris? I guess it will not be the height of summer. We will be there next August for 10 days.
If you need any recommendations for hotels (there are good neighbour hotels) at DLRP, just let me know. The most economical on property is the Santa Fe. It is quite nice and just a 15 - 20 minute walk from the parks (easy walk and very scenic going past the Cheyenne, Sequoia and NY and through Disney Village). On property gives you EMHs in the morning (not many rides, but you get a fairly empty park) and Disney transportation.
For offsite (good neighbour) look at the Kyriad. They all offer free breakfast.

Check out the UK DLRP site as well. They sometimes have awesome discounts!

Nice meal to kick off the trip!

I bet you guys were exhausted after the travel day and your yummy dinner.

Bring on the parks!

Other than the room snafu, what a pleasant travel day! I agree, Frankfurt is huge, I've had to sprint through it before and it's no fun. I can't get over how much those rooms remind me of the rooms at Paradise Pier at DLR.

Dinner looks yummy. I still have never eaten at EOS in Florida! Maybe either in April in Cali or May in FL. Someday I'll make it there!

That is so cool that they have cameras so you can see your luggage being loaded. Very smart :thumbsup2

Never paid much attention to checking out our rental car. We usually just do a very quick look around, but not into detail. I'll probably be looking more closely from now on after hearing about your situation.

How annoying that the CM wasn't more engaged in you, the GUEST! Even more annoying that they didn't give you the room you specifically booked. That has happened to us at the Grand Californian before and we had to switch rooms the next day. Not fun for a 2 night stay. But your room looks very nice and very neat that you walked into a welcome package!

Is the Disney Village like DTD?

Your meal looks delicious! Especially EoS!

Nice meal to kick off the trip!

I bet you guys were exhausted after the travel day and your yummy dinner.

Bring on the parks!

It indeed was a yummy meal and after all the mix up with the room it was nice to sit down and relax and snack!

I am working on an update that includes some park time and hope to be able to post it tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Other than the room snafu, what a pleasant travel day! I agree, Frankfurt is huge, I've had to sprint through it before and it's no fun. I can't get over how much those rooms remind me of the rooms at Paradise Pier at DLR.

Dinner looks yummy. I still have never eaten at EOS in Florida! Maybe either in April in Cali or May in FL. Someday I'll make it there!

Yes, it was indeed quite a relaxed travel day.
Frankfurt is the main hub here, but I would just wish they would not sell stop over times that are hard to make. On our flight home we had 45 minutes and were delayed. The gate was REALLY close and they already had an "extra" bus waiting for us to take us to the plane. :rotfl2:

We very seldom eat at EoS in Florida. :rotfl: WPE is FAR too close to it, to not prefer our fellow countryman's kitchen. ;)
I am not a huge fan of the food at DLRP (CS is like a greasy spoon and I have had better frozen pizza and TS is overprized for what you get), so we were VERY pleased when we learned EoS was coming to the Disney Village. And while we were there we found out they are serving pizza for dinner - we never had the chance of trying it, but will definitely do so when we go to DLRP in the summer. :thumbsup2

That is so cool that they have cameras so you can see your luggage being loaded. Very smart :thumbsup2

That was definitely a nice feature. Helped pass the time too - luggage delivery is SO slow at Charles de Gaulle. :sad2:

Never paid much attention to checking out our rental car. We usually just do a very quick look around, but not into detail. I'll probably be looking more closely from now on after hearing about your situation.

We never paid that much attention before either. We felt pretty good paying for all the insurance they offered so far, but some time ago they rented us a car and mentioned that the car was heavily scratched and we didn't need to worry about the damage as it was all marked down.
Got me a bit suspicious, so I started checking until a Hertz worker told me not to bother EVERYTHING was on file.
When we returned the car there was a dent more or less at the very rear of the car which none of us had noticed before and they tried to charge us for it and make up a report about how it happened. Only when I cried "scam" did they let off and we were good to go.
Ever since I take a gazillion pics of a rental when we pick it up. :lmao:

Not that I would mind having to get the insurance involved, but I am NOT telling the insurance I had an accident if I didn't. ;)

How annoying that the CM wasn't more engaged in you, the GUEST! Even more annoying that they didn't give you the room you specifically booked. That has happened to us at the Grand Californian before and we had to switch rooms the next day. Not fun for a 2 night stay. But your room looks very nice and very neat that you walked into a welcome package!

To be honest, the CM really annoyed me when he would not let off with selling us the "one bed" room. But that IS Europe! You would not believe how rude and unfriendly those DLRP CMs can be.
On the other hand we usually carry some chocolates for the ones who are nice. ;)
The rooms itself at the New York are pretty nice, even though you can see some wear and tear. Apart from the Disneyland Hotel which is FAR too expensive for my liking the NY is the closest hotel to the parks. Just a quick stroll through Disney Village. :thumbsup2

Is the Disney Village like DTD?

The Disney Village is the French version of DTD. They recently even built a World of Disney store - MUCH smaller than its US counterparts, but it is a nice place to shop! :goodvibes

Your meal looks delicious! Especially EoS!

It was yummy indeed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter