Dream big, live Grand. VGF homeowners' thread.

1st stay at home resort VGF in a 2BR for next May. I'm finding it hard not to start planning.
Will be going with a wide age range, from 2.5 to 75.

In the VGF currently! It's our first stay at this DVC accommodation and I have to say we are very happy! We are in a studio for 5 nights before joining the Disney Dream. We will be coming back!

In the VGF currently! It's our first stay at this DVC accommodation and I have to say we are very happy! We are in a studio for 5 nights before joining the Disney Dream. We will be coming back!

Sounds like a great trip! And enjoy the Dream! I was on it back in February and would love to do another cruise.

Reactions: RDP
I'm beyond excited, 3 weeks left until our first stay at our home resort VGF!

When DH and I took our first trip to WDW together in early 2013 I told him about my dream of staying at GF, he said "Why didn't you book it?" But I explained to him the cost of the resort vs. moderate resorts and how we couldn't justify it considering what little time we spend in the park. On that same trip we started looking into DVC and I just assumed that it would be out of our price range especially since we were starting to save for our first house.

Well, I'm very glad we did the DVC tour on our last trip in August 2014, because when I saw the numbers and realized it fit within our budget and basically worked out the same as us paying for Moderate trips...well short story is we were sold! We knew that even with saving for a house we wouldn't stop going to WDW.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a bawling mess when we check-in considering I cry whenever we check-in at WDW.

Thanks so much for this board, it has been so helpful with planning!

I have a VGF question so I figured I'd come straight to the owners: Do the cushions on the sofa come off, or are they attached to the sofa bed? I know some of the newer sofa beds the cushions are permanently attached.

We are very excited about our first trip there!

I have a VGF question so I figured I'd come straight to the owners: Do the cushions on the sofa come off, or are they attached to the sofa bed? I know some of the newer sofa beds the cushions are permanently attached.

they come off

Yep. I'm in a studio right now so walked over to look. They come off.

We passed ROFR last month on 100 points at VGF, hoping to close this month. My wife just adored it on our last stay, so when we found a reasonable contract there, she insisted she wanted it, even at the price premium. Really looking forward to making the Grand HOME. Not sure when our first trip will be, may be a while due to other big family trips we have planned. But the great part is ... it'll be there for us for years to come! :D

We passed ROFR last month on 100 points at VGF, hoping to close this month. My wife just adored it on our last stay, so when we found a reasonable contract there, she insisted she wanted it, even at the price premium. Really looking forward to making the Grand HOME. Not sure when our first trip will be, may be a while due to other big family trips we have planned. But the great part is ... it'll be there for us for years to come! :D
Welcome Home neighbor!!!

We got back from a triple split stay at three of our home resorts a few days ago...they all impressed me as usual, but I have to say, I LOVED how VGF put out the snack baskets for us runners and had a CM there in the lobby wishing everyone luck at 3:30am! The new Princess Promenade is just adorable and our little guy was thrilled to be able to waltz with Cinderella in the lobby. I recommend seeing this at least once for anyone staying there over the next few weeks!

What are my chances of getting a 2 BR and a studio at VGF in October 2017? I'm a BWV owner, so I would either have to find a VGF owner willing to rent or transfer points to me for the 11 month booking advantage, or book at BWV and waitlist. Neither option seems promising! My daughter wants to be on the monorail for the granddaughter, and thinks that BLT would be a good second choice, but I don't like BLT. I'd rather have WLV, but she's worried that a stroller will be a nuisance on the ferry. Opinions welcome!

What are my chances of getting a 2 BR and a studio at VGF in October 2017? I'm a BWV owner, so I would either have to find a VGF owner willing to rent or transfer points to me for the 11 month booking advantage, or book at BWV and waitlist. Neither option seems promising! My daughter wants to be on the monorail for the granddaughter, and thinks that BLT would be a good second choice, but I don't like BLT. I'd rather have WLV, but she's worried that a stroller will be a nuisance on the ferry. Opinions welcome!

The best would be to rent from an owner and book 11 months out. Studios are very hard to book. Even for owners.

We just returned from our anniversary celebration stay. And I booked another stay for September.

I was pretty surprised to find a studio available. I was sure I would have to book at 7 months at another resort.

DH, DD, and I booked a trip home just after Thanksgiving. We stayed at the VGF in March 2016 and just loved it! We just got back from the Poly for the princess weekend. I really liked it, but when we went for breakfast the GF, I knew i was home. We have 200 pts there now, but are looking at 100pt contract to add on and grow our stays. It is just "my" resort. We also own at AKL which is just so unique and we really love staying there as well, but VGF...well I am preaching to the choir here :).

Just found out we passed ROFR on a small 50-point add-on at VGF. This our second add-on since our original purchase when VGF first became available. We love it there and are looking forward to taking our DGS for his first visit in September. We have a Grand Villa booked for 8 nights and I am beyond thrilled to be able to have the extended family there with us. Can't wait to show DGS the splash area at the beach pool.

Just found out we passed ROFR on a small 50-point add-on at VGF. This our second add-on since our original purchase when VGF first became available. We love it there and are looking forward to taking our DGS for his first visit in September. We have a Grand Villa booked for 8 nights and I am beyond thrilled to be able to have the extended family there with us. Can't wait to show DGS the splash area at the beach pool.
I am hoping for the day when I can stay at a Grand Villa at GF. I'm actually saving up for it now! You will have the best time! Just love this resort to no end!!

We were there in November and we are going back in September. We are counting the days. We just love this resort. And we don't seem to want to use our points anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!