Doodlebug25413 Escape Wedding 4/11/16- PICTURE HEAVY POSTS!!

I have Ashton!
She called the other day, thank god when the baby was napping too, because he was a total butt that morning. I sent her an email of my initial questions, looks like everything is do-able. Right now, just waiting for her to get back to me with some pricing and what the florist & baker people say.

Since we are using outside for photo & video, we have the choice of doing a swap out for a family photo session or a dessert party photo session with the Disney photographer. I'm thinking about doing the Family photo at this point, since we are not doing a dessert party. If the price difference (I'm pretty sure there's a price difference, but that was one of my questions) is too much, then I'm just going to skip it altogether.

And then I started looking over the planning kit. I was ok until I got to music. HOLY CRAP I HAVE NO CLUE HERE!
I know what our first dance song is. But everything else, I'm kinda on a blank. I'll have to look up some songs. Nice thing too, is that I have a portable speaker for my ipod, and I can bring that & use it too for after the ceremony.
I'm sorry, the violinist is wonderful, but there are just some songs that we like that just don't sound right on a violin. And some songs with me, it's hearing the words with the music.

And I have also started thinking (and shopping) for alternate wedding shoes. I'm still highly thinking on my boots. (I love those boots) So, I'm going to have to find something & decide soon, because my first fitting will be in a few weeks. I know I'm pretty certain I'm going to go with a low heel, like my boots. Of course, everything I'm finding is all stilletto or super thin heels. And of course super expensive. So I'm going keep looking.

So, while I'm searching, I know I needed shoes for our Yahtsman dinner. I kinda wanted to do a navy blue shawl, but trying to find navy blue shoes with what I like wasn't happening. So I decided on black. I'm still not 100% on it, but I'm going to keep looking at the pictures below to see if it will grow on me. Ok, so I need opinions:

20150910_181752 (330x440).jpg 20150910_182044 (330x440).jpg 151478_6_1400x1400.jpg DP0518201517023802M.jpg

Picture #1 is the dinner dress with a solid black shawl. The shoes you can't see very well (picture #3 is what they are)

Picture #2 is an alternate shawl. The floral is a black background. It has hints of a muted purple, light gray, light pink. My sister thinks this one looks like something my grandmother would have worn.
I'm taking this one back to exchange because when I got home it has a big hole in it. I might exchange it for the same or just buy back the navy that I originally bought.

Picture #4 is a pair that I bought because I thought they were just too cute. I don't know if they will be too much of the cream/off white or not? I thought that if I really like these, I would wear them, and then the navy shawl.
I've even thought about switching out the ribbon "belt" to be a navy or a black. But I also don't want too much attention on my waist area.

Ok, so give me your thoughts and opinions. Seriously, if they all look too old woman, I won't cry. But remember I am 41, not a young whippersnapper like the majority of you gals. :P

Well the nude shoes came in, and they don't fit right. I have always had shoe shopping problems. Still going to look though. I'm kinda bummed too, because those were pretty cute shoes!
Floral shawl is going back unfortunately, there's a big hole/tear in it. I think I might exchange it for the Navy, if they still have it.

• Ok, so, my girl came back, said that everything that I wanted for my minor cake changes was do-able.
  • The sponge things that are in the Garden Bouquet in the Escape package are able to be removed. I just really didn't like those.
  • Unfortunately, the Forget Me Nots arrangement that I wanted on the alter-memorial table they cannot do. Which I was kinda taking a stab in the dark on that.
  • Forget Me Nots are a very delicate flower & do not hold up well. So we are going to look at something different instead. I sent her 2 different wildflower arrangements that I thought were pretty. So we will see what the Disney Flower people come back with.
  • Going to go with the Family Portrait Session swap out. I'll have my oldest son there with us, so it will be nice to get all of us together.
  • I'm highly considering going to Publix to get a few sandwich trays and sides to do an inexpensive and light In Room Meal. That way we can be with our guests more before the Fireworks cruise. And no one has to worry with park dining or any resort dining reservations.

Our Annual Passes came in yesterday. So I'm freaking excited about that! And Kevin got detoured to Atlanta for a small job on his way home. So he won't be able to take off until mid October. Which, if that is the case,
then it's very close to my mini trip in Oct. So he might be joining us! So I'm totally hoping for that.

Right now, I'm thinking about doing Mickey head fans for a little touch and trying to figure out any verses or readings to go along in the ceremony. Plus also trying to narrow down the music. And also trying to figure out all the dining
reservations & general trip plans so that way I'm ready when the window opening comes up.

What a bummer the shoes didn't fit, I always have that problem when I shop online! and fingers crossed they still have the navy shawl when you go back! All of your plans are really moving along now and I am super jealous that you got the season pass now you can go to Disney all the time :thumbsup2 Can't wait to here the rest!

Holy Cow I've been MIA for over a month??!!!!

Well, A LOT has happened in the past month. That and I've taken a slight hiatus from planning too. Which has been good for me mentally. LOL

I was slotted to head to Florida 2 weeks ago to visit my girlfriend & her daughter, but my husbands wonderful (insert sarcasm) work screwed those plans all up. I had to re-book my reservations & flights to next weekend instead. And I'm losing a whole day. But I'd rather have some time, then no time. I was disappointed I had to reschedule, but also, happy because of how things worked out with my husband-- we were able to spend 2 1/2 weeks with him, and it's been almost 3 months since we had time together. And he will be heading to Houston Texas for about 3-4 months on a new job. He's flying home for Thanksgiving weekend, and depending on things, we might actually fly out with him & then fly home in time for Christmas. Don't know about that yet. That's all up in the air. But at least we will be about 2-3 weeks now of separation, which is better.

OK, as far as wedding stuff!

Since we hit our Dining Reservation window for April finally, I was able to get all of our dining reservations for the trip secured. And I'm super excited, I got our Wishes Fireworks Cruise booked as well! :cloud9:

All of our travel days hotels are booked, since we will be flying in and out of Sanford/Orlando and not MCO. And our flights are all booked as well. Husband is insistent on renting a car, so I got a SUV booked too.
(3 adults & 1 kiddo in a car seat, plus all our vacation luggage yowza)

We received our Wedding Annual Pass vouchers, which I will be activating mine next weekend during my visit with my girlfriend. (Woo Hoo!)
I received in the mail our Disney Fairy tale Wedding goodies-- a very pretty shoe bag & the sixpence medallion. I love all these little surprises & keepsakes.
I've decided to ask my girlfriends daughter to be my flower girl, so I'm looking at DIY's for baskets & ideas.
Beaute Speciale for hair & make up has been booked.
Randy Chapman Photography has been booked.
STVS Video has been booked.
Rev Deems Tim Herring has been booked.
Confirmed that the wildflower bouquet I wanted they can do, it's going to be $85.
The small bouquet I wanted on my mother's chair can be done, it's going to be $65
And my cake, I've chosen to do the Elegant Scrolls, and confirmed that the light green color on the scrolls can be done, and they can do a sugar floral of a monarch butterfly as well. No extra charge, apparently.

So here are the tentative trip plans:

Fri 4/8 Travel Day
Arrival flight around 12:30pm and staying at Garden View room at the Contemporary
6pm Hoop Dee Doo dinner reservations (because all that flying with a snotty teenager & active toddler, Momma needs bottomless Sangria)

Sat 4/9 Magic Kingdom
8:35a Crystal Palace Breakfast, hoping my Godmother is in by then to join us. If not it's ok.
Check into Bay Lake Towers that evening. (I figured it would only be a walk across, easier then moving from a completely different hotel)

Sun 4/10
Not really planning anything much this day since it's the day before the wedding.
Tentative plans to head to Publix or Walmart to get food & stuff for a small light in room celebration for after the wedding. We have a few hours to kill after the actual wedding & before our fireworks cruise. Figured just get a sandwich tray & some snacks.
2:15pm I was able to slot my afternoon tea at the Gardenview Tea Room with my Godmother. I'm so excited!!

Mon 4/11 WEDDING DAY!!
I've booked 1900 Park Fare brunch at 11 with my Godmother, my BFF & her daughter. I initially just wanted to do Garden view this day with my Godmother, but they were all booked for that day. It's ok though, I think it will be fun.
From what I've read on other journals, if you are having a later wedding, looks like gown steaming, hair & make up will arrive about 2-2:30.
Wedding starts at 4:30-5pm & expected to last until 6pm
Tentative In Room light celebration back at BayLake Towers.
Confirmed Wishes Pontoon Fireworks cruise, will meet at the Contemporary docks at 9pm.
Wishes Fireworks is scheduled for 10pm this night.

Tues 4/12 Hollywood Studios
Dinner reservations at 7pm for Hubby & I only at Yachtsman Steakhouse
Dessert reservations at 8:50pm at Beaches N Cream
Hoping to just take a leisurely stroll around the Boardwalk area & just relax.

Wed 4/13 EPCOT
Dinner reservations at Tokyo Dining for myself & my oldest son at 8:30p
Hoping to watch Illuminations with my oldest.
I wanted to slot some alone time with him for this trip, because since he's 18 & doesn't live with me, I really wanted to spend some special time with him. And Japanese/Sushi has always been our thing.

Thurs 4/14 Animal Kingdom
No dining plans as we have to check out of Bay Lake Towers
Hotel check in reservations at a hotel near Sanford Airport that evening.

Fri 4/15
Super stinking early flight out of Sanford at 7:35am. (Momma is wondering where the heck that bottomless Sangria is going to be)

All of this is completely tentative, well except the wedding day stuff. It's all going to depend on the little man & how tired we are all going to be. I'm really looking at this week long trip to be a relaxing and enjoyable vacation, with or without park time. Or minimal park time. I can't do any FP's yet, that's not for another few months.

I still need to get my hair trial done, my gown alterations done (doing that after Jan 1) & book gown steaming. I'm still debating on whether I want to ship my gown to Carolyn's or pack it with me or ship it to my girlfriend. Same thing with my hubby's outfit & both my son's outfits.
I've also added 4 other guests to our list-- my Aunt & Uncle, and another "Aunt" & her husband. I don't think any of them will be able to make it, but just the thought of not inviting them I think would be rude. And with my sister still dead set on not being able to come, it's giving me some wiggle room guest wise.

Ashton has been lovely & patient to work with. All of the final decisions are due in by Feb. So if I need to make any changes at all I have time.
Right now, I'm really having a difficult time picking out my music for the ceremony & the cake celebration. Everything else has been easy for the most part, and not really stressful that bad, but this music is really driving me nuts.
I think because I don't want complete traditional wedding music, and since we are only using the violinist, the songs I really love for us, I don't know if they will sound right on just a violin. Music has always been a big part of my life, so I'm being really picky. I'm driving myself nuts. I know. I thought this was going to be the easy part, but it's not!

Dinner reservations at 7pm for Hubby & I only at Yachtsman Steakhouse
Dessert reservations at 8:50pm at Beaches N Cream

Have you been to the Yachtsman before? These reservations seem very close together to me. The Yachtsman is a leisurely, slower paced meal and you will likely leave full. If you keep timing the way it is, I'm afraid that you will end up rushing through your nice dinner in order to make it over to Beaches & Cream and then not necessarily enjoy your dessert. We generally budget at least 2 hours for a signature meal.

P.S. If you've already been and are familiar with it, please disregard my comment. :)

OMG I missed so much! I am so happy your godmother is feeling better. I absolutely love your headpiece. It looks like everything is coming together quite nicely. So happy for you. Very exciting! I love your MNSSHP costumes. You did a great job! Wow.
It looks like it will be an amazing wedding. I would have to agree with Twinkybel81 and say that your ADR for Yatchman's steakhouse and B&C are too close together. I would cancel B&C and get some dessert on the boardwalk instead. I love that you are doing dinner and illuminations with your oldest. What a special night you will have together. Great idea.
:thumbsup2

Your tentative plans sound great!!!! I love that you planned time for just you and your oldest and you can't go wrong with sushi it will be amazing! And I am so jealous you get to start hair and make up later in the day you will really get to soak in the whole day and just enjoy it all! Can't wait to see the rest of your plans!

You know what, after your suggestions & thinking more about the reservations & plans, I've made some changes. Thank you ladies for your thoughts, because I've never been to Yachtsman before & yes, I totally want to just relax & enjoy the alone time with Kevin. We never get that with having the baby.

Wedding Day, I canceled the brunch at 1900 Park Fare with just the girls to O'Hana's Character Breakfast at 9:30 for everyone. Because, afterall, O'Hana means family. And then that will give me some leisure time with the girls & the "boys" won't feel so left out.

Yachtsman Dinner, I was able to change it from Tues to Sun, which is the evening before the wedding. Dinner is at 7:20p & I cancelled Beaches altogether. You're right, it will be just too much for one evening.
I prefer it the evening before anyways, then after the fact.

Music has been really driving me crazy. But I think I finally got it down. With an Escape wedding, you're limited with time. So here is what I have so far:

• Processional for Kevin & Rev Herring-- Carrying You Love With Me by George Strait. This has special meaning, because well, that's what he does when he leaves to go on the road for work.
  • My Entrance-- Canon in D by Pachelbel. I wanted something classical & traditional. Plus, have you seen how long of a walk to the gazebo is?!
  • Unity Ceremony- A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes or When You Wish Upon a Star. I haven't quite decided which one yet.
  • Recessional-- Gonna Take You There from Princess & the Frog. I wanted something fun, upbeat with a country/fiddle feel. Sweet Home Alabama was my initial thought, but just wasn't feeling it without having the guitar.
  • Celebration & any guest seating prior I'm just going to have them play Disney songs.
  • Our 1st Dance-- I Cross My Heart by George Strait. (Yes, I like me some George LOL) I was going to do God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton, but Cross My Heart just makes much more sense to me. And honestly, I love it more. (Shh, don't tell Blake!)

I have decided this weekend to ask my girlfriend's daughter to be my flower girl. I ordered from Disney Floral a rose wand with a chocolate box to be delivered to our 50's Prime Time dinner Sat night. The card says:
"I can't walk down the aisle without petals being tossed, will you do the honor & be my flower girl?" I'm so excited about all of this!

I love your music selections - especially the George songs. :) You can't go wrong with King George! I prefer When You Wish Upon a Star, but both of those choices would be beautiful.

Your plans are all coming together so nicely. I'm so glad they can do the floral that you want!

So we got back last night from our little weekend trip. I was so happy to see my BFF & her daughter. We had a wonderful visit. I miss her so much. And the baby just loved seeing them!

We got in around 11:30pm to Coronado Springs. I will have to say that the bell services staff (Paul Lester in particular) was extremely helpful and accommodating. He immediately saw that I was exhausted, alone with a little one, carrying a box I had shipped to the resort & pushing a stroller with one hand around, he took the box from me and just helped me. He led me directly to Casitas 1 building, to my room, took all of my stuff for me, so all I had to worry about was pushing the baby in the stroller. Showed me how to work the magic bands, showed me how to get from my room to El Centro. Let me tell you, that was a relief and a comfort. I love it when Disney goes above and beyond. I unfortunately did not see him during the rest of my trip, but I did make a point to say something to the manager on duty. I try to do that when someone goes the extra mile for me.

Coronado is a beautiful resort! We enjoyed our stay there. The only gripe I have (and this is everywhere, not just Disney) is that the floors do not get cleaned often enough. Alex's feet were black. I ended up making him wear his socks around the room. The Pepper Market food was nothing to write home about. But we really only ate dinner there once. Breakfast was typical Disney food court. It was filling and hot. Alex loved his Mickey waffle. Every staff person I encountered was very friendly. The Digs Site pool was very nice. My friends daughter loved the slide. Yes, my big butt went down it. I never went down a slide before. Holy Canoli! Thank God I took my glasses off before I went down. I would have lost those suckers for sure. I need to check into that laser eye surgery for sure.

I didn't get a chance to go visit the Gazebo unfortunately, but the dinner at 50's Prime and the flower girl surprise was so sweet! Our waiter was great, he pretended to walk down the aisle to our table with the rose wand display. And him with the manager presented it to her. Everyone was looking at her and they clapped. She had no clue what was going on. She was so excited, that's all she talked about the rest of the night!
She already knows what she's going to wear apparently. Don't mind what I want her to wear LOL. But it's totally fine. I told her she could wear whatever she wanted, so long as it wasn't black. LOL

I saw my Osborne Lights one last final time. The baby was just entranced with it all. He loved it. He kept clapping his hands. On our first day him and I did Animal Kingdom. We only did Lion King and had lunch at Rainforest Cafe.
We ended up being seated right down front (Warthogs) for the show. OMG it was awesome! Alex tends to get restless if he's sitting still for too long. Once the show started he was totally engulfed with the lights, the acrobats. And Timon! He wouldn't take his eyes off Timon! It was so cute, Timon came up and tickled him and played with him for a moment, he loved it!

We went to Magic Kingdom the next day with the girls. I thought for sure with the interaction Alex had with Timon he would be open to the characters. Nope. He hid his shy face in my shoulder when we went to meet Goofy and Donald. He didn't scream though, so that's a good thing. So I'm hoping come April for the wedding trip, he will be a bit more open to going up to them. And he got to ride Dumbo for the 1st time, and we did ride swap for Big Thunder for my friends daughter (her favorite). She loved it.

Traveling alone with a toddler is very stressful. I know what to do & not to do for April. But I'll have Kevin with me then, so it won't be as rough. Between the crowds, the heat and a fussy toddler at times, I was ready to come home. Unfortunately, it's 28 degrees here now. So I'm trying to adjust to the cold again. Blah!

Ok, so here we go, another month has gone by. Honestly, not a whole lot has happened, but now I'm looking over all of my stuff & I really need to start crackin' because I'm getting close.

Received our initial BEO back now. Everything looks good, except stupid me, forgot to completely add flowers for my MOH! Going to do something simple, waiting for a quote from my coordinator on them. In the photo, looking at the bridesmaid bouquet, not the bridal one. Except I want white/ivory roses & not red like the picture shows. And a lavender wrap.

bridesmaid bouquet.jpg

Also decided to add some rainbow colored Mickey Head balloons for photo ops. I love balloons.

My dress fitting is scheduled for 1/17. My sister & my godmother are coming with me. Unfortunately, I don't know if my godmother will be making this appointment, as her dear sister has taken a turn for the worse with
her cancer. It has now spread all over & she's not responding to the experimental drug treatments. So I have a feeling she will be heading to Ohio to spend time with her. I'm going to make my
sister take pictures for her if she can't make it. I feel so sad for her. She's taking this very hard.

After much thinking, my flower girl, seems a bit too old to be a flower girl. She's more of a junior bridesmaid. But I'm leaving the whole thing up to her on what she wants to do. If she decides on flower girl, I have to get crackin' on
making a flower girl basket. Otherwise, I'm thinking on just doing the same flowers as my MOH as above. Or maybe adding the rose wand on. She's like her mother, can't make a decision to save her life. Frustrating...LOL

I cannot stress enough ladies, definitely look over your BEO's. I think there maybe a hiccup in Disney's site when you submit it. Example-- I am not using the sugar floral for our cake, but I didn't have a way to not uncheck it. So it showed up in the notes on my BEO. Of course I notified my planner, and she is going to take it off.

Going to schedule my trial run hair here soon. My sister wants to go with me on this one too. But so far everything is starting to fall into place.

I did notice that DFTW site has updated new selections on floral etc for their Escape weddings. Looks like there is more choices you can choose from.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!

I love the idea of the rainbow balloons! They will look so amazing in photos and the floors for the MOH look super cute too! Time is going to start flying by!

Melissa :goodvibes

I am glad you had such a good visit! What a wonderful way to make your flower girl feel extra special.

She loved it! And it was so cute.
Hey, do you have a PJ started?? I need to stalk yours LOL

I love the idea of the rainbow balloons! They will look so amazing in photos and the floors for the MOH look super cute too! Time is going to start flying by!

Melissa :goodvibes

Yes it is! And I'm stressing out too! My hubby needs to book me a spa day when he comes home!

$75 for that small bouquet of 3 Gerbera daisies & 3 roses with a lavendar wrap. Um, NO. That's just totally out of budget. So I think I'm going to do something else. I was also told that for my FG/Jr BM I can have her rose wand made & bring it, it doesn't have to be Disney. So I'm wondering now, if I can DIY my MOH flowers. It can't be that hard.

I had a trial run with my hair today at a local salon. I will say, I'm not happy, but I'm not disappointed. I do know what I want & don't want now with my hair. And glad I had this trial run. So you guys tell me what you think.

12183.jpeg 12182.jpeg

So obviously the 1st pic is of the back. I like the back. 2nd is of the braid she did. I'm not liking that. It looks big & chunky. Now that definite part line will be covered by my headpiece.

12180.jpeg 2015-12-09 14.04.34.jpg

And this is of the other side, with a smaller braid. And of me playing dress up in my gown with my headpiece and the back. (No I couldn't get it zipped all the way because I have T-Rex arms!) I've gotten over the whole tattoo showing thing. My sister was right, it has a special meaning & it is part of me. I'm not going to post the front shot, because I had a disgruntled look on my face LOL
But I think I need some soft bangs & some soft ringlets around my face. I just think this looks really "tight" & I want a more softer look. And maybe have the chignon down a little bit. I do know now, I don't think I'm going to wear a veil. I think it's just going to be too busy & too much. My sis thinks I need more "bump" toward the top so my headpiece will stand out a bit more. Plus I need my hair cut & some warm highlights put in too. Which I have been meaning to do, just no time lately with the holidays. I hired Beaute Speciale, so I'm pretty confident they are going to do a better job.

Are you going to have a trial with Beaute? If not, I think it's great that you had this trial, so you can show your stylist what you like and dislike about it. I don't think a shorter veil would really be too much, unless you want to be sure that your hair is fully visible and your headpiece is especially prominent. :)

If you're looking for a cheaper bouquet for your daisies/roses, you might consider wedideas.com. I got our bridesmaid bouquets and bouts from there for a lot less than Disney. (May have been cheaper to make them myself, but sadly, I'm not crafty at all.) Here's one for $40, so way less than Disney wanted: http://www.wedideas.com/Specialty-Roses-Orchids-Bouquet-p/bqrds006.htm

Their real touch roses look great (the peonies less so, but they photographed fine). Just something I wanted to mention. :)

I agree with you the side braid is a bit bumpy, and the back is very pretty. Can you believe its '16? Time is going to fly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter