Doodlebug25413 Escape Wedding 4/11/16- PICTURE HEAVY POSTS!!

So glad to hear that WedIdeas worked well for you and that you were able to stay within budget! Your date is coming up so quickly. :goodvibes

I hope your husband is willing to partake in spa time. Mine is uninterested which I don't get at all!

I love that your son wants to do a Doctor who look thats so cool! I really like the color you choose for your flowers too! and I second Amanda try in fit in some spa time with the hubby me and my DH did that a week before the wedding so worth it!

Picked up my gown this morning and it's absolutely perfect. I'm not self conscious about the waist area any more, because it is looser now. And the length being hemmed is perfect. I'm so happy!!
I was glowing when I stepped up on that pedestal. It's finally all coming together!
Of course I contemplated about a veil. And we tried on 2 different ones. One was gorgeous, had lace trim just like my gown, the other was just too poofy. And my sister, who isn't able to make it in April,
decided she was going to live thru me. She made me try on a tiara with my gown. Well, guess who bought a tiara? Yep, this girl. I guess seeing everything pulled together between a veil and the tiara, the tiara just fits
me and the ensemble. So much for my headband...LOL I'm super happy!! I just need to figure out how I'm doing my hair. And the good thing is that my tiara will look perfect with either a soft updo or a half up/half down do. So I may not do a 2nd hair trial now. Still have time to think on that.

Tomorrow I get my oldest son again for a few days, and we are definitely getting his outfit!

I love the idea of the pomanders! And omg you're getting so close! Do you mind if I come stalk your wedding? :lmao:

SECURITY!! LOL Just kidding! I wouldn't be surprised if you end up working on my cake. You should put in for that. Then you wouldn't be stalking. Y'know... :P

So glad to hear that WedIdeas worked well for you and that you were able to stay within budget! Your date is coming up so quickly. :goodvibes

I hope your husband is willing to partake in spa time. Mine is uninterested which I don't get at all!

My husband is such a "mans man". If the guys on his crew found out that he had some girly thing done they would never let him live it down. But I'm really thinking on doing something just for him as a surprise.
He works terribly hard and is super good to me. I feel he deserves the pampering. I just need to see if its in the budget.

I love that your son wants to do a Doctor who look thats so cool! I really like the color you choose for your flowers too! and I second Amanda try in fit in some spa time with the hubby me and my DH did that a week before the wedding so worth it!

My son is a big Doctor Who fan. And that look would fit him so well. And I want him to be happy too. And comfortable. I just hope we can find something that is affordable and fits him. I may just preuse the tux sites to see if maybe we can rent something if all else fails. I don't know. Will see.

Thanks ladies for all the input and support. You're giving me such great ideas.

SECURITY!! LOL Just kidding! I wouldn't be surprised if you end up working on my cake. You should put in for that. Then you wouldn't be stalking. Y'know... :P

:lmao: I doubt I'll be working on your cake :) I work at a specific restaurant and that's all we do, so pretty sure I won't be. If you come there, I'll probably have something to do with your dessert :lmao:

Another update!! (Sorry I warned ya!)

Ok, so being that our wedding day is going to be hectic, I've decided to nix the whole in room celebration deal.
Just thinking about all those people in my private space and then having to make sure it's clean before we leave and then setting up etc etc just wasn't sitting with me.

Soooooo, I booked an ADR at Trail's End at Ft Wilderness for all of us for dinner. And I chose them because, it's buffet, the price is reasonable, and the food is pretty much the same at what you get at Hoop Dee Doo.
(They share the same kitchen I hear) And it's "country home cooking" food, which will make my picky husband happy. I'm still going to keep checking for openings at 1900 Park Fare as well. Because I think having a
character meal would be fun. But I'm not holding my breath on that.

Plus I was able to change our Pontoon boat reservation from the Contemporary to the Ft Wilderness docks to make our dinner not so rushed. We just need to do a very short walk from Pioneer Hall to the dock. If I had kept it
at the Contemporary, we would have to rush to get the boat back, cutting into dining.
If we have time after the wedding to stop at the hotel for me to change out of my gown, I am. Plus, Kevin & I could enjoy the quiet boat ride together over to the resort.
If we don't have time, I know Kevin will go get my plates for me so I don't have to walk around the buffet in my pretty gown fearing I'll get something spilled on it.
It's all going to depend on Randy & Stan for the pictures and stuff after the ceremony. I know I want a few photos of us at the Mickey display at the Contemporary. And maybe a few overlooking the castle somewhere.
And a monorail shot would be cool too. But if not, it's not a biggie. The ceremony & celebration are most important.

I also cancelled our O'Hana's breakfast on the morning of the wedding. I booked instead Kevin a massage at Senses at Grand Floridian. I'm going to give it to him as his surprise wedding day gift with a prepaid gift card to take
to make sure it's paid in full for him. I'm so excited about this. Plus I can spend some time with my boys or my girlfriend and her daughter and my Aunt too.

And I rebooked O'Hana's breakfast for me, kevin and the boys on our departure date.

You guys will love Trail's End. We've been there several times, and we love it. DF recommends the moonshine (it's non-alcoholic, it's just a juice). The walk from the dock to Trail's End is literally only about two minutes, so it's not very long at all :) 1900 Park Fare is nice, too! I've been for breakfast, but we haven't for dinner yet. At some point!

Can you adjust the reservation at all to give you guys a little more time so you can get changed? I can't wait to see your pictures! You should be able to get monorail shots at the Contemporary. Their loading bay usually isn't very busy in the middle of the day.

You guys will love Trail's End. We've been there several times, and we love it. DF recommends the moonshine (it's non-alcoholic, it's just a juice). The walk from the dock to Trail's End is literally only about two minutes, so it's not very long at all :) 1900 Park Fare is nice, too! I've been for breakfast, but we haven't for dinner yet. At some point!

Can you adjust the reservation at all to give you guys a little more time so you can get changed? I can't wait to see your pictures! You should be able to get monorail shots at the Contemporary. Their loading bay usually isn't very busy in the middle of the day.

I have made a note to get the moonshine! Thank you sweetie!

I think we might be ok. I have a feeling I may have to suck it up and end up having Kevin see me before the wedding. We are all getting ready in the same room at this point. So I'm not 100% certain all the details yet.

I went back and forth about seeing each other before the wedding. The good thing about it if you do, is possibly having Randy and Stan there to get the "first look"! It usually makes for really nice pictures. And, for me at least, I think it soothed some of the jitters before the ceremony.

So here's a few more pictures.

This is the dress my BFF picked out. I think it's so beautiful. And she got a sweet deal on it too! She had to order it, so I hope it fits her perfectly!

2115125_Navy (640x640).jpg

This is a picture of the final gown fitting. I was so nervous about it not fitting right or worse, being too long still. But my David's Bridal alterations lady was super! This was the contending veil, if had I chosen to use it. It matched my gown perfectly and it was so pretty, but it just didn't feel like "me". And I guess I'm older too. My sister & all her "infinite" wisdom said it was too "virginal" for me. LOL It was beautiful. But definitely will be beautiful on another bride. Not this one though.

19783 (600x800).jpg

Please excuse my horrible quality of picture taking. Of course getting home I had to right away put the tiara on and play princess! LOL I am very happy that I had my bangs cut shorter now. I think no matter what style I decide, I'm going to have a bunch of whispy ringlet curls frame my face. I hate the fact that I have to wear my glasses because I just can't wear contacts any more. And Lasik isn't in the budget this year. But I will get some photos without my glasses on at least. And you better believe that tiara I'm wearing for every single birthday I have from here on out! :cake: :P

VZM.IMG_20160223_134321 (640x359).jpg

Aww your dress looks so AMAZING! I really liked the veil but the tiara is super cute I am all for the princess tiaras how many times do we really get to where them! Also love the wispy bangs super cute and your friends dress is super cute to!

Its getting so close now can't wait for you!:goodvibes

WARNING BRIDEZILLA POST BELOW!!!
>:(>:(>:(>:(

OH MY GOD I NEED TO VENT!!

I received my order for the girls pomanders today. I am NOT happy! The colors are completely wrong!!

I ordered pink roses with fuschia roses, and stephanotis filler.

THIS IS WHAT I GOT:

20160229_124816 (640x640).jpg

Is it pretty? Yes. Is it what I wanted and paid for? No.
I even double checked all of the order forms. They all have Pink and Fuschia. The only thing they got right was the stupid ribbon colors!!

I have an email into them. I'm waiting to hear back to see if they will fix it. I'm just stressing out because I don't want to cut too close to getting these in. They have on their site a turnaround of about 4 weeks.
And the baby peed on me. I'm not having a good day.

Aww i am so sorry about them messing up your order like that! They should get it to you before your wedding since it was their mistake not yours! Hopefully this is the only hiccup before the big day! :goodvibes

Yeah, that's not what you ordered at all. Have you had any response from them?

After a few days of waiting for a response from wedideas, they responded. They are willing to fix this, I need to send back the pomanders and they will have it shipped back to me by 3/18.
So I am ok with this, but I'm having to pay for shipping a mistake back. So I'm waiting to see if they will reimburse me for any of the shipping costs.

So, word of advice, if you order from wedideas.com, make sure you are very specific in the comments section of each arrangement you order. And order way ahead of time. And be patient with correspondence thru emails,
as they are kinda slow at it. It might be worth a phone call. There is an option for you to get a photo of the final piece before shipping, so if you're super concerned, I'd put in that request. I didn't only because I didn't feel the need
to request a photo for simple flower colors. I think what annoyed me the most is that if the designer had a question why they didn't email or contact me before shipping? This is peoples weddings. It's not a daily flower order like
1-800 flowers.

So, we will see what happens. I'm hoping for the best.

On a sad note, my godmother called me the other evening. She is definitely not going to be able to come. Her sister is only being given until Easter to live. And they are preparing for Hospice. I'm so heartbroken for her.
I'm sad she will not be able to make it, but I completely understand. It's just bringing back memories of when my mom was at her end time. So I wish I could be there with her to help her thru this, and give her a big hug.

So I've cancelled my son's room at All Stars that I had reserved. And I've had to cancel the Gardenview Tea I had planned. The Tea wouldn't be the same without my godmother. It's probably a good thing,
because hubby & I have dinner at Yachtsman that evening. Looking at my plans, almost seems like I'm cramming too much in. But it's planned, if we have to change things, we will change them.
Gonna roll with it baby!

I have my timeline/BEO review meeting with Ashton next week, so I need to make sure we have all changes in place and confirm everything. I did add some balloons and beverages on consumption to the
celebration. I also booked Spa time for my hubby at the Senses at the Grand for the morning of the wedding. I'm so excited for him on this. He so deserves a bit of pampering and relaxing. This job he's on he is just wiped out.
I've paid everything that I can in full already. So only a few things that will need to be paid when we are in Disney. Which is a big weight off of my shoulders.
I'm starting to get excited!

And the weather has finally started to turn into Spring here! I'm so excited. I've already pulled out my spring/summer clothes and my open toed shoes and flip flops!
Going to start thinking about what outfits to pack and trying to figure out how to ship my gown to my BFF. Oy vey!

Update-- The week of drama

So the bad news-- I have more then likely become allergic to something in make up and facial cleansers. I cleaned my face with my Dermalogica gentle cleaner and then my usual Bare Minerals make up and my face went into a raging fit.
I broke out in hives all over my cheeks, they turned beet red and itched like freaking crazy, my nose started running and my eyes were just burning. I had a dr's appt follow up already scheduled and she is referring me to see a dermatologist to see if we can narrow down what the chemical/ingredient is. In the meantime, I've started using Cetaphil facial cleanser and I've stopped using make up. I've super cleaned my brushes, and in fact, I've read that the bare minerals brushes are animal hair, so sensitive skin/allergic reactions could be caused from the brushes. So I have some synthetic ones on hand that I'm going to attempt to use. Also, Physician's Formula make up is recommended for allergic people. I've always had sensitive skin, but not this bad. Ever. And with it being 3 weeks away from the wedding, it's causing me to worry. I know Beaute Speciale has had great communication with me about the sensitive skin before. But if I can get something narrowed down for them with what the heck I'm having a reaction too, I'm hoping they have something that they can work with.

The good news-- had my phone conference with Ashton on reviewing the BEO and going over the day's timeline. Everything is in place and looks good. I have made a last minute change, and it was really due to transportation concerns I had with the limo. I cancelled the ADR at Trails End and changed it to The Wave at the Contemporary now. Only because of time constraints and then using the internal buses at Ft. Wilderness was putting me in a panic. Plus I would have to go back to the room to change out of my gown because TE is a buffet. After seeing good reviews and the menu seems simple but not complicated, I think it was a better choice. And most important, we will not be rushed around trying to get from here, there and everywhere. I want that day to be relaxing as much as it will be beautiful. Plus we can take our time eating and enjoying everyone. And I can walk back to our room and change for our Wishes Fireworks cruise and be back down at the dock in time.

Wedideas.com-- they fixed my pomanders and I swear they must have overnighted those bad boys, because I got them back in less then a week. So KUDOS for them! They look perfect! I'm very pleased.

Right now, I'm going thru all the clothes and trying to get outfits together for the trip, our dinner at Yachtsman and the Family Portrait session. Getting my boxes together to ship to my BFF, and most important, getting my wedding gown ready to pack and ship. She's going to hang it up in her closest to hopefully get any wrinkles from shipping out, and if there are no wrinkles, I may be canceling the steaming service with Carolyn Allen's. So playing that by ear.

Kevin might be home for Easter weekend too. (I'm crossing my fingers!) And maybe we will get lucky and they just give him the extra time off to rest and then he can be home longer and then we can just go to Florida, and then he can go back to work again. Once I know where his next job is going to be at, we might be going to stay with him for a little bit. Alex needs his daddy right now. And Kevin needs his little buddy. He misses him so much.

so as of this coming Monday, we will be 3 weeks from our happily ever after!

Oh my goodness, just 3 weeks! Love the tiara. Sending you pixie dust wishes for no more changes!

COUNTDOWN BEGINS!! ONE WEEK BEFORE WE LEAVE FOR OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!!

I cannot believe that we are a week out now. Changes and updates:
  • Ok, so my gown, tiara & the picture of my mom for the ceremony arrived safe and sound at my BFF's. So sigh of relief there.
  • The flowers arrived safely to my BFF too. Another relief.
  • Sadly, hubby has been stuck at this job site an extra week, so he's having to now leave directly from the site and drive to Florida now. Good thing, its a 15 hr drive from where he is at, so that's not bad.
  • He's going to meet us at the resort hopefully in time to make it to our Hoop Dee Doo dinner reservations. If not, then it will just be me and the boys. Or I'm going to call to see if I can get the reservation moved or something. Playing this by ear for right now.
  • Since hubby isn't meeting us, there isn't a reason for us to have a rental car now, and I was able to switch the flights to Southwest. And was able to add Magical Express to the reservations. So no worries on car seat or extra baggage fees. Plus I was able to get better flight times. The sucky part, I now have a $1000 credit with Allegiant Air because stupid me didn't read all of the fine print. But I will use this to do a trip to see my BFF this summer. Annoyed but no loss.
  • Placed my Garden Grocer order to stock up on food for the week to hopefully curb some of the dining/meal expenses.
  • Added hair service for my junior bridesmaid/flower girl for the wedding day. And her mother has decided to buy her a different dress. Which she picked one that will compliment her dress, but its in a coral/peach color. And I think its going to be beautiful together.
  • Cancelled Carolyn Allen's steaming service. I really do not have much that will need to be steamed I think. And just trying to justify the cost was bugging me. If my dress was all satin or chiffon, then yes. But it's all lace for the most part. No biggie. I'm not going to stress.
  • Started getting things together to get packed and I have my park day outfits together and the dinner outfits. Believe it or not, I'm not over packing (I think lol) this time. Since we are renting the villa, it has a washer/dryer in the room, so we can do laundry. So this is saving extra space in the suitcases.
  • Talked to Rev Herring, confirmed we are going to stick with the Vow Renewal ceremony and will include a part about family. I asked if he could in his opening welcome to say: "To All that come to this happy place, Welcome!" I love this quote from Walt. Every time I hear it or see that broadcast it gives me butterflies. He confirmed all my details with the God's Knot ceremony as well. And a memorial prayer we are not going to do. He made a very good point, he doesn't want anyone to be sad for our event. And after talking to hubby about it, we agree. We are going to nix the memorial prayer. We already have a table set up with pictures and my mom's chair will be displayed. This I think will be enough remembrance. And everyone that will be there, will know.

This week to do:
  • Get my hair trimmed and my highlights done.
  • Get my nails and toes pretty
  • Get my eyebrows waxed
  • Finish packing
  • Get the boys hair cuts

Hopefully I can post while we are on vacation, and hopefully pictures too. I'm getting so excited now. I cannot wait! And I get to see my hubby in a week, I think I'm more excited about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!