Don't pay OOP if at a Value Resort

TBGOES2DISNEY

DIS Veteran
I had talked DH into staying an extra night b/c we are at a value resort and the cost wasn't astronomical for another night. He agreed. This also helped even out our TS credits b/c I had one too many b/c of CRT.

Of course, I still started pondering whether I should use credits or pay OOP and add some extra meals, which truly, we don't really need, but a breakfast or something would have been nice anyway. Value, value, value...

Then it occurred to me that it would be silly of me to pay OOP b/c the restaurants cost more than an extra night at a value! I can't keep adding nights though, so I'm trying to just stick with what I've got.

So, consider adding an extra night if you want more meals. And one of the nights you can just eat counter service if you are going to a 2 TS restaurant.

Just a thought... :confused3

I like many others I am sure keep adding days to our trip and justifying them with free dining. Anyone else willing to admit it? LMAO :thumbsup2

DUH...thank you! I should have been able to figure that one out.

Figment's friends said:
I like many others I am sure keep adding days to our trip and justifying them with free dining. Anyone else willing to admit it? LMAO :thumbsup2

:wave: Count us in! We're at a moderate, so it was a little harder to justify, until we checked the cost to change the airfare.

We were leaving on Sunday, wanted to add one more day (to get one more pm EMH at MK) and leave Monday, but it would have cost $40 more in airfare. So I checked Tuesday, and it was $115 CHEAPER to leave on Tuesday than to leave on Sunday. So, using my justification that we would have added one night anyway, it became $155 less to leave on Tuesday than to leave on Monday--the EXACT price of our hotel room. Therefore, that last night was FREE (according to my Disney math :teacher: ). And when you consider free dining, well, they're practically paying us to stay there.

Fortunately, we're now maxed out at 10 days, so we're prevented from "saving" any more money!

thunderbird1 said:
:wave: Count us in! We're at a moderate, so it was a little harder to justify, until we checked the cost to change the airfare.

We were leaving on Sunday, wanted to add one more day (to get one more pm EMH at MK) and leave Monday, but it would have cost $40 more in airfare. So I checked Tuesday, and it was $115 CHEAPER to leave on Tuesday than to leave on Sunday. So, using my justification that we would have added one night anyway, it became $155 less to leave on Tuesday than to leave on Monday--the EXACT price of our hotel room. Therefore, that last night was FREE (according to my Disney math :teacher: ). And when you consider free dining, well, they're practically paying us to stay there.

Fortunately, we're now maxed out at 10 days, so we're prevented from "saving" any more money!

Hah, I'm not the only one that remembered my Disney Math from this site!!

:thumbsup2 Yep airfare was cheaper, kept putting in different dates, got it all straight and dh says, so why not leave one day earlier? Just stay off site, maybe do Priceline.. back to the old drawing board - thanks to Disney Math we're at the Pop, using ME instead of offsite - and its cheaper!! (new code for room only!!) :rotfl2:

I just love Disney Math!! :thumbsup2

Hey, isn't free dining expired? If I understand right that's what you're talking about. I have a 10 day package with free dining. I wanted to stay 11 nights so I did 1 night room only. Are you saying I could have gotten a better deal some other way? I will be returning in 2008 so I could have bought 1 day park hoppers and never used them and turned them in in 2008 but I didn't see any way I could have saved on a package. You know maybe if I had split my stay like a 6 day and a 4 day..never thought of that but if I'm right free dining is over so too late now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter