Don't eat the apples at Trails End

DMRick

I prefer to be tagless!
While eating lunch today at Trail's End, and being seated close to the buffet, we watched 3 different kids help themselves (or maybe mom helped) to the apples in the center, just before the buffet. The first youngster bowled with it, and as he went to pick it up the last time, mom said, no, it's dirty, leave it there (on the floor by where people walked for the buffet), and I'll get you a fresh one (which she did..a worker picked it up). The second little boy, after sucking on his while mom filled his plate (he also dropped it a few times), decided he wanted a banana instead. Mom put back the apple, and got him a banana. She happened to pass our table, so I did tell her that she might not have realized that he had dropped it, so she want back, took it out of the bowl, and set it to the side of the bowl. Our waitress went and got it and dumped it. The third little boy was given an apple by his mom, as she also was filling his plate. He took a bite of it, and then she put it back into the bowl LOL! Our waitress happened to see it and went and got it. She mentioned to us, that she couldn't believe three wasted apples in a span of about 10 minutes. So we've decided to never eat the apples from the cart in the buffet area.

Oh heavens. I have to say, I'm sure that could happen anywhere, but still...dear me. :rolleyes2 That poor mom must have really had her hands full!

Next people will start using purell on their apples, and who could blame them...maybe I'll peel apples if ds wants one from the buffet. Of course, ds choosing anything that grew on a tree or in the ground would be such a miracle that I might not care who had slobbered on it first! ;)

Beth :crazy:

All three of these kids were from different families LOL...so I guess they all had their hands full.

I am not a germophobic, but I really don't want to eat something that has been rolled on the floor, or pre-tasted LOL!

tinkerbeth said:
Oh heavens. I have to say, I'm sure that could happen anywhere, but still...dear me. :rolleyes2 That poor mom must have really had her hands full!

Next people will start using purell on their apples, and who could blame them...maybe I'll peel apples if ds wants one from the buffet. Of course, ds choosing anything that grew on a tree or in the ground would be such a miracle that I might not care who had slobbered on it first! ;)

Beth :crazy:

This is exactly why we tend to avoid buffets no matter where we are. I have seen so many gross things happen that I have no appetite when I get up to get my food. Little ones tend to love sampling the food straight out of the dipping spoon (GROSS) :crazy: Even some adults have done some pretty gross things. Anyway, for that reason we are not buffet people.

This has nothing to do with a Disney buffet but I remember one story that might cure you on buffet style food.

Back about a decade ago I went to a Ponderosa Steakhouse buffet in my hometown with a group of friends. I had never been there before because it was in a crappy part of town and I heard that their meat was really cheap and tough. Some of the kids were running around like wild animals and the parents were doing nothing about it and neither was the management. The food was just ok and nothing special and at the end of my meal I saw a soft ice cream machine and my buddy had already been there and it looked good.

As I walked up to the machine I saw a little girl probably 5 years old and she was by herself getting some ice cream and making a mess. No one was helping her and she had trouble getting the handle down to get ice cream, so guess what she proceeded to do? She put her mouth on the spout and started sucking the icecream that was still in the tube/spout. I remember being frozen with disbelief and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then to make matters worse she stuck her little fingers in the dispensing tube to try and get more icecream and was licking her fingers then putting them back in the spout again. This went on for about 10 minutes! :furious:

I was about ready to throw up and I really wanted to do something right then but her loud,ugly,rude mother came up and had the nerve to give me a dirty look and just gave her some more ice cream. I went to the manger and explained what happened but he looked like he had a million things going on and wasn't too helpfull. I left that day and have not set foot in that place since and they send me coupons for half priced dinners all the time but I just put them in the garbage. It's a true story.

WOW and we are planning on eating a lunch there on our next trip. I guess I will pass on the apples too. Have a great time at WDW and tell the Mouse I will be there soon.

These 2 little (well one was little about 5 the other was about 9 and should know better) they were picking up each roll and smelling it and figuring them until I said to pick one and move on.

The way I look at it, the things that go on in the kitchen we don't see are probably worse than what we do see, buffet or not.

LeslieG said:
The way I look at it, the things that go on in the kitchen we don't see are probably worse than what we do see, buffet or not.

I tell myself that all the time and I try and put it out of my mind when I eat out. I have a buddy who has a phobia about eating at restaurants and prefers to eat at home. He really goes overboard and always quotes some source of information that I never heard of. He once told me that he read someplace that you eat about 50 hairs a year in your food when you eat out on a regular basis. I just laugh at him and recomend professional help. :teeth:

The way I look at it, is that you can only hope that the place is clean and that the employee's wash their hands and follow safe food handling guidelines. It's a gamble when you eat out and especially at a buffet, due to rude people who don't understand the concept of thinking about others when getting their own food.

I think WDW has done a good job in their restaurants and buffets and I'm not too worried about them. I would be willing to bet that WDW has the cleanest restaurants in the industry.

Ick, ick, ick. We go to buffets often, and I am very careful with my kids. My ds 5 only goes up with an adult, and if he touches something I don't want him to, it is his. I don't understand some parents.

pinkminnie said:
Even some adults have done some pretty gross things

Yes they have...I was at a resort buffet (not Disney) and there was an ice cream section where you would scoop your own and add whatever toppings you'd like. Well, this one guy decides he wants to taste the ice cream first to see which flavor he wanted...you guessed it, same spoon each time.

:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter