Don't believe the hype of Cinderella Breakfast

I have enjoyed reading everyone's opinions about CRT; that's what these boards are about, right? I am glad to hear the good and the bad. So much also depends on the mood of the CM's that day. (It shouldn't, but it does.)

My DD and I had a great experience at the castle. She was 4 1/2, it was December 2002, and our guys had gone to Breakfastosaurus. We surely had the better time. DD was excited but very shy about eating with the princesses. When we reached the Fairy Godmother's seat in the room downstairs, I explained our situation. The FG chitchatted with DD for at least 5 mins. and eventually got her on her lap. She was all smiles after that! FG was really a lifesaver.

The food was good, tho all DD ate was a huge chocolate muffin. (She's showing how big it is in the photo.) We had a view of Fantasyland out our window, and we saw Captain Cook chase Peter Pan down below! She remembers that more than the princesses! I thought all of them spent enough time with us and were personable. I enjoyed it as much as she did.

Price-it's Disney. Much of what we pay there is obscene. That's the choice we make; is is worth it or not? For us on that day, it was.

I'm toying with the thought of a family meal there this Dec. Me, DH, Dss 10 & 14, and DD 7. Not sure which meal the boys will tolerate... Might be neat to have a later dinner and try to see Wishes? All said, I think the castle embodies the spirit of the MK. My rose-colored glasses help, too. Thanks for listening.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/dizneekim/hannahandmuffins.jpg

dizneekim, your daughter is absolutely adorable in that photo!

We haven't done the Cinderella breakfast however, we have done, and can highly recommend the 1900 Park Faire for dinner. We ate there last week and the food was wonderful! Cinderella, the Prince and the 2 mice were in attendance (no FG).

We also ate at the Royal Banquet in Norway for a late lunch and Restaurant Akershus did not disappoint on the food. The Princesses were great too! It was my DD 6th birthday, and even though nothing "special" was done for her, all the princesses noticed her birthday pin and commented on it. We saw Belle, Aurora, Jasmine, Ariel, and Cinderella.

Both meals were good, 1900 Park Faire food was great!

Our kids were older when we went to WDW (14, 12 and 9) so I didn't feel like we HAD to have a CRT breakfast. We were so fortunate, however, to be able to have a normal (non-character) lunch in the castle. (It was the last week before they started having a character lunch.) I had read that the breakfast offerings weren't so great. Our family enjoyed our lunch...deep down, the kids really wanted to "eat in the castle" even if they didn't care about the characters.

We had b'fast there 2 wks ago. Wasn't really for the princesses b/c we have a son and he's only 2; but I HAD to see the inside of the castle at least once. Food was ok, DH really liked it. I liked the fruit best. View was ok. Service was fine. Characters were...quickly moving. But the greatest thing was that our reservation was for 8:20 and we seemed to get finished right at 9:00 which was PERFECT timing to go do EVERYthing in Fantasyland at least once before the crowds came in. That made it all worthwhile.

I wont be expecting the food to be the best, but I know seeing my dd with cinderella in the castle will be worth the money on her birthday. We are also doing storybook dinner for her actual birthday dinner, and 1900 park faire dinner for mine, so out of the 3 , I`m sure at least one of these meals will be magical.

feeling like a princess already! princess: princess:

IMO, I think it is a specialty market for the young girls to go to CRT. Since I have a boy, I didn't think much about it. I think he'd enjoy it, but he'd enjoy any character interaction. The little girls in their princess dresses is what that is all about! I haven't heard about the Cinderellas Royal Feast at the GF, other than 1900 Park Faire. Does Cinderella visit every night?

I too have done many character means and would rank Cinderella's table at the bottom of my list. First we made a reservation for a party of 7 and they gave us a table for six and a table for 2. Second, the breakfast meal itself was very disappointing. I would compare it to McDonalds served on nicer plates ( I know I'm harsh but it was a lot of $$). I can't complain about the character time, we had plently of it. I had to keep telling myself that I am paying for the princesses, not the food! Which is too bad, I felt the food was excellent at the other places we have been ( Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, Restuarantoosausus (Sp?) and Chef Mickey). I haven't done any in Epcot so I can't comment on those.

Our problem with CRT (other than losing sleep on another vacation to wake up and call each morning @ 6:45 AM) was that our daughter was so psyched to have "Breakfast with Cinderella" that she was quite miffed when Cinderella didn't actually sit down and eat with her.

Is the dinner at CRT any better? We have an adr there for dinner, but now I'm reconsidering!

Wow I've been afraid to say anything! Actually my daughter loved it, but it took FOREVER for the princesses to come around to our table, we were almost ready to leave, that is my only complaint. My dd still loved it when they finally came around.

krbq said:
Is the dinner at CRT any better? We have an adr there for dinner, but now I'm reconsidering!

We just returned on 10/4 and did Lunch at CRT and Lunch at Norway. I thought the food at CRT was MUCH better for the money. Both Lunches had lots of princesses: Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins(CRT), and Ariel (Norway). I did like at Norway when you entered you got a picture with Ariel and they gave you two complimentary copies of the picture while you were eating. I thought everyone spent a decent amount of time at our table, considering the amount of tables to cover in the resturant. My DD3, was very thrilled and loved "eating with the princesses"--DS5 not so impressed, and DS1 is now saying "princesses" and wants to wear sisters dresses!!! princess: princess: princess:

When we went last month no fairy god mother it was esmerelda to greet you..we got short changed...

i'd read a ton of reviews and knew what i was getting into before i went. i knew the food would be subpar cafeteria style food and that it could be hit or miss with the princesses. we were one of the first tables seated so luckily it was hit instead of miss on that front.

but the food was *really* random cafeteria/IHOP style food and it was soooo expensive. two things i knew going in.

we did it solely for the experience of eating in the castle. that's it pure and simple and i think it is for just about everyone who does it.

as a kid, i was told by my parents that there was nothing in the castle. just some offices and the rest was hollow. it was so exciting to be able to just go in there and experience it. for food it's definitely epcot or preferably, the resorts.

:)
katherine in atl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts