Don't avoid rides just get some Meclizine HCI 25mg chewable tablets!!!!!

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
Don't avoid rides just get some Meclizine HCI 25mg chewable tablets!!!!!

Then enjoy the rides!! Meclizine changed my life!!
I even rode space mountain 3 times in a row!!

OK, heres the important stuff,Meclizine is the genaric for Bonine[8 tablets,$10.00].Meclizine
can be purchased over the counter,a bottle of 100 tablets cost $9.00 at Wal-greens.

If you have a child with motion sickness ask their docter how much to give it will give them the relief they need to enjoy riding!!!

Take a dose the night before you travel and you will be good to go,each night of your travels take a dose!! You will think That you will are a new person!!!!!

I don't have any drowzyness with Meclizine.If I find I am getting a little car sick I take a tablet,it starts immediately to cure the ill feelings. from experiece I know I need two tablets
I Have Extereme Car Sickness,I rode in my freinds new Honda,I wasn't used to the Wish Bone suspension but when I felt that awful feeling I took the pills out of my purse,Bingo I was ok!!

It is a 24hr pill,dose 1 to 2 tablets,it works for planes,trains,buses,cars,boats and WDW rides!!

Take A dose of Meclizine and HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

Pharmacist answer to Motion Sickness Meds
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Sawyer!
As a pharmacist I recommend Bonine, a chewable form of meclizine. This is the same medicine they will offer you on the ship. It comes in packages of 8 (just right for the 7 day) and you take it about and hour or so before you board the ship. If your kids are around 50 lbs they can take 1/2 tab (though the drug lit. says over 12) For your youngsters you can take along some liquid childrens Dramamine. Dramamine does tend to make you more drowsy. And it's true most young kids are not bothered by rough seas. I guess its due to thoes 9 months of "womb waves" they experienced. I would suggest that you ask your pediatrician if you can have a script for a couple of phenergan suppositories to take with you. This is mainly for nausea/vomiting rather than a motion sickness cure, but it would help if that situation arrises.

Do steer clear of the patches. Scopolamine is good at preventing motion sickness, but has a multitude of undesirable side effects. If your not carefull in washing your hand after application behind your ear and touch your eye it will dialate like it does at the eye doctors office. It can also give you a "bug eyed" feeling and cause dry mouth,dizziness and hallucinations.

Ginger has been studied as an anti-nausant prior to surgery but there is no formal info on prevention of motion sickness. It also has to be taken 4 times a day to be effective.

The sea-bands (bands that have a pressure point at your wrist) seem to work for some.

For what ever med you try, be sure to try it "on dry land" to make sure you don't experience any side effects or drug interactions. You can ask your local pharmacist about these too. Or you can E-mail me and I will try to help.

Have a bubbly fun time on your cruise!

Jacquelyn Sisk, RPh

A "Wonderful" time 10/99
A "Magical" trip for 5/01
WDW 7/4-13/01, 12/29-1/2/02, 6/25-7/2/02 and another if we can sneek it in!

I was used to giving injections of Meclizine in the ER, for people with vertigo etc, I was so surprised when I first learned it was "over the counter". It is a good drug.

One caution: the box clearly states it is not for children under age 12. Check with a pediatrician before giving this drug to a child. :D

My pediatrician was the one who suggested the 1/2 a tablet for our 4yr old child!! But do ask!!

Thanks for the new info!!

hightown
DIS Veteran

Bought it last night at Walmart. 100 tabs for 5.90 and has a shelf life till sometime in 2005. The bonine was 3.80 for 8 tabs.

Thanks for the tip

Make sure you test it for a few days before you go to see if it works for you. I get motion sick quite easy and have trued meclazine for the past couple years. It is suppose to be a less drowsey formula but no matter what time I take it I still am quite sleepy during they day. It makes it tough to go to a theme park for the day. This last time it didn''t stop the motion sickness either. :( I don't think there is any help for me anymore. I will have to stick to Peter Pan and the Mark Twain. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter