Donald's Defiant Dashers 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ducks! Thank you, Liz, for starting a new thread. The old one was getting quite long! Joe, that is funny, wish I could have seen that. And have to agree on the addiction comment, though I think I am more addicted to biking. But whatever gets you out, right? I am planning on doing several races at DW this year, both the EE Challenge and W&D. And I will be back next year for marathon weekend, though I am giving some thought to going up to the full. Though there is something about running for five hours that makes me think a bit about it. I also plan on several local 5 and 8 K's, and there is a 10 mile run this weekend that ends at a local brewery I am going to do. Which reminds me of a woman right before we went into Epcot with a sign that said 'there is beer at the end'

I was typing on a wireless keyboard I put on the book rack of my exercise bike.

Ohhhhh. I went back and read again what you wrote and just missed that part.

I am going to do the ESPN the Weekend 5k just before we check out and head back home.

Joe

I'd really like to do that one!

Though there is something about running for five hours that makes me think a bit about it.

:rotfl: This cracked me up. Normal people would think that, wouldn't they? ;)

Which reminds me of a woman right before we went into Epcot with a sign that said 'there is beer at the end'

:thumbsup2 If we all end up back at WDW for marathon weekend, we need to plan a meet somewhere adult friendly so we can have a beer together. ;) I suggest Raglan Road so I can have a delicious Guinness.

One more race to add to the list: Virginia is for Lovers 1.4 mile Fun Run. Just signed myself and my 10 year old up for it. It'll be his first race. :thumbsup2

Carissa~Yay for your races, and ds10's first one!

Joe~You are too cool DISing and biking.
I've never bought any of my race pictures. I take a screen shot of them... I haven't decided yet if I'll buy any this time. Probably not though. I would love to have them all, of course, but the price is steep. I'd actually rather have the video, I just love that!
Last year after the half my friend and I tried to combine our pictures onto one cd, but of course they didn't allow it. It would be great if we could all combine our pics together and split the cost of a cd....like the PhotoPass can do (or could do, not sure you still can?)

Tricia~Dopey! woohoo!! I'm sure you will rock it if you do it! And the rest of us can live vicariously through your experience! ;)

Augie~I was thinking maybe you could go for the Full next year. You seem like just the type for it! For you it would ONLY be 5 hours (or maybe 4??)... If I did it it would be probably 7!

:thumbsup2 If we all end up back at WDW for marathon weekend, we need to plan a meet somewhere adult friendly so we can have a beer together. ;) I suggest Raglan Road so I can have a delicious Guinness.

Do they have fruity mixed drinks there (an Irish Sunrise perhaps? LOL!) I don't drink beer!

Thanks Liz and Carissa - Goofy #2 was such a memorable experience I am having a hard time remembering Goofy #1. I would love to do Goofy #3 and probably will but my sister and my nieces want to do the family races on Friday - therefore the reason I might be going Dopey!!!

My one neice will be 2 years old so she will be so cute in the toddler races and I might be able to talk my sister into do the 5k with me, I know my 13 1/2 year old neice wants to definately do it with me - she has done 3 local 1 mile races and come in the top 3 in her age group each time so she is ready to move to a 5k and is looking forward to her first half when she turns 16.

I bet Augie could do the full in 4 hours. :thumbsup2

Do they have fruity mixed drinks there (an Irish Sunrise perhaps? LOL!) I don't drink beer!

We could just meet up in Epcot somewhere in the World Showcase. I could get a Guinness at Rose and Crown. Have you ever had a Grey Goose Slushie? I've heard so much about them, but I try to stay away from sweet drinks with liquor.

Thanks Liz and Carissa - Goofy #2 was such a memorable experience I am having a hard time remembering Goofy #1. I would love to do Goofy #3 and probably will but my sister and my nieces want to do the family races on Friday - therefore the reason I might be going Dopey!!!

My one neice will be 2 years old so she will be so cute in the toddler races and I might be able to talk my sister into do the 5k with me, I know my 13 1/2 year old neice wants to definately do it with me - she has done 3 local 1 mile races and come in the top 3 in her age group each time so she is ready to move to a 5k and is looking forward to her first half when she turns 16.

Aw, your 2 yr old neice would be so cute in the toddler race! Sounds like your 13 yr old neice is definitely ready for a 5K!

I bet Augie could do the full in 4 hours. :thumbsup2

We could just meet up in Epcot somewhere in the World Showcase. I could get a Guinness at Rose and Crown. Have you ever had a Grey Goose Slushie? I've heard so much about them, but I try to stay away from sweet drinks with liquor.

I think so too, about Augie.

That Grey Goose slushie has been on my list of things to try since I first heard of it!

Hi Everyone,
So bummed I didn't get a chance to meet up with you all over the weekend. My four year old was having some major tantrums.

Trying to rehab my knee after the full - planning on Goofy next year. :scared1:

Next race is March 26 (Phillies 5K).

Karin

Hey Karin! I'm bummed we didn't get to meet up too. Next year we must! :)
I looked up your Phillies 5K, sounds like a fun race!

Hello, Ducks. Thanks Liz for starting this thread.

I'm an original Duck. I believe this is the start of year 4 for the individual teams. Time has definitely flown by. I haven't made it to marathon weekend for the past two years. Way too much LTO and JTO (Life Takes Over/Job Takes Over) going on. But, things have settled down and I can now concentrate on training.

Congrats to all who raced this past weekend!!

I will do my best to more active and post more.

Y'all take care.

:thumbsup2

Hello there Ducks. Let me introduce myself. I'm Jenny and I love running at Disney. I did the Disneyland Half in 07, the DW half in '10 and I just finished my first full marathon on Sunday! It was a great race. I'm a friend of Liz and she recommended I join with you Ducks! I turn 40 next year on the day of the half marathon and I can't imagine anywhere I'd rather spend it then running in Disney. So Jan. 7, 2012 here I come. Oh and here is a picture of me with a couple of fellow ducks who were giving me much appreciated cheers on Sunday:goodvibes This was right before mile 17 in the AK.

marathondays096.jpg

:thumbsup2
Hello there Ducks. Let me introduce myself. I'm Jenny and I love running at Disney. I did the Disneyland Half in 07, the DW half in '10 and I just finished my first full marathon on Sunday! It was a great race. I'm a friend of Liz and she recommended I join with you Ducks! I turn 40 next year on the day of the half marathon and I can't imagine anywhere I'd rather spend it then running in Disney. So Jan. 7, 2012 here I come. Oh and here is a picture of me with a couple of fellow ducks who were giving me much appreciated cheers on Sunday:goodvibes This was right after mile 18 in the AK.

marathondays096.jpg

Welcome to the Duck Pond, Jenny :donald:
The ducks are a great group that will keep everyone motivated.
Congratulations on the Marathon last weekend :thumbsup2.

Joe

Hey Big Vic! I think I remember you from early last year. My BIL lives in Niceville (retired Air Force). :thumbsup2

Jenny!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you're gonna be a Duck with us! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: If you don't mind, I'm going to steal that picture for my TR. :thumbsup2

Vic! Great to hear from you! Welcome back! :)

Jenny! Yay!! I'm so glad you decided to join us!! :hug: That's a good picture of the three of us. It reminds me of how fun that moment was!! So you're doing the half next year? No Goofy?

For the Ducks who don't know, which is everyone but Carissa, Jenny and I used to be neighbors in Maryland...and we remain dear friends. :goodvibes She's been running for over a decade and she helped me get into running and prepare for my first Half-WDW 2010. She and I took the 2010 Marathon weekend trip together and had a blast!

For the Ducks who don't know, which is everyone but Carissa, Jenny and I used to be neighbors in Maryland...and we remain dear friends. :goodvibes She's been running for over a decade and she helped me get into running and prepare for my first Half-WDW 2010. She and I took the 2010 Marathon weekend trip together and had a blast!

And I'm not sure if everyone knows (we probably mentioned it at some point last year), but Liz and I have known each other since 2000 when we met through a playgroup for our boys. :thumbsup2

Happy Weekend, Ducks! :banana: :banana: :banana:

And I'm not sure if everyone knows (we probably mentioned it at some point last year), but Liz and I have known each other since 2000 when we met through a playgroup for our boys. :thumbsup2

Happy Weekend, Ducks! :banana: :banana: :banana:

:goodvibes:thumbsup2 Happy weekend to you too!

I have to say, my right hip has been twinging off and on since the half. I thought it would be done doing that by now, a week later, but it hasn't. I think I'm going to (finally) start riding my stationary bike again this week and not run at all for another week.

I have to say, my right hip has been twinging off and on since the half. I thought it would be done doing that by now, a week later, but it hasn't. I think I'm going to (finally) start riding my stationary bike again this week and not run at all for another week.

That stinks. My groin is still bothering me. In fact, it hurt more yesterday than the other days. :confused3 I'm not even going to think about running until next weekend, but even then I'm not sure. I want to take Sully out for a short run to get us ready for the 1.4 mile fun run. Why can't our bodies cooperate?? I want to be 18 again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter