Don’t you turn that commercial- it’s my 30 second Disney fix! TR Link Posted

Cute outfits! Have you found a sale anywhere on cute Disney gear?

I feel silly getting a whole new wardrobe for Molly since she has more than enough clothes at home, but...it's Disney, I want to be theme-y :lmao:

Hi! Just finished reading and your trip plans sound great! I was shocked and horrified to read that your kindergarten starts so early. Poor little kids. Didn't elementary schools used to start at 9 or 9:30?

Carter and Landon have that same Pirates of the Caribbean shirt. I always think they look really cute in it. And the sea turtle outfit was what I wanted to get last year for Carter, and when I went to buy it they didn't have his size. I remember going to every Gymboree in town, but I never found it. Looking back, I wonder why I didn't just order it online. :confused3

Anyway, all the outfits look great! :thumbsup2

:welcome: I'm glad you stopped by! I am absolutely dreading our kindy start time. I think even 8 am would be better.

I always order my gymboree online. the closest one is only 20 minutes away, but for some reason Maya thinks she is supposed to go into hyper mode everytime we go in there. its just easier to do it online. They sure do have some cute stuff though. Its a great place to add a little variety to boys outfits. Boys clothes starts to all look the same to me after a while.

Feel free to share any tips. i really need to remember your TR when i am down there. I need to mimic your go with the flow abilities.

I love all the outfits, they are cute!!!:goodvibes

thanks, i have more... what can i say, i love to bargain shop for clothing!

I feel silly getting a whole new wardrobe for Molly since she has more than enough clothes at home, but...it's Disney, I want to be theme-y :lmao:

We thought we were going to go last year, so i've been collecting these for more than a year. My kids are like Molly, they have more than enough clothing. But we don't buy a lot of seperates. So I allowed myself to collect the teeshirts, and gave them the purpose of play clothes. We will also wear them to tee ball practice, playing outside in the rain, maybe even as a nightgown here and there. The "outfits" were included in James' summer wardrobe, and i woudl have purchased these disney or not. So by approaching this way, i really only bought one thing each for the sole purpose of Disney. (the special tops)

We thought we were going to go last year, so i've been collecting these for more than a year. My kids are like Molly, they have more than enough clothing. But we don't buy a lot of seperates. So I allowed myself to collect the teeshirts, and gave them the purpose of play clothes. We will also wear them to tee ball practice, playing outside in the rain, maybe even as a nightgown here and there. The "outfits" were included in James' summer wardrobe, and i woudl have purchased these disney or not. So by approaching this way, i really only bought one thing each for the sole purpose of Disney. (the special tops)

We are the same way, I buy outfits, not many individual pieces. I've had to suck it up and buy some plain knit shorts and denim shorts so we can mix and match.

Are you by any chance, on gymbofriends.com as well?

I was at Old Navy last week and they had several Disney t-shirts in the little girls section. And my Target just got in white t-shirts w/ Mickey and gray t-shirts w/ Minnie in the little girls section. I did resist the urge to purchase my DD another, b/c she has more than enough for this trip! I bought 3 of her Disney shirts at JC Penny back in March and they still had some the last time I was in there (about a week or 2 ago). Just thought I'd pass those along, as when I first started looking I was finding a ton for DS but having a hard time finding cute disney tee's for DD!

I was at Old Navy last week and they had several Disney t-shirts in the little girls section. And my Target just got in white t-shirts w/ Mickey and gray t-shirts w/ Minnie in the little girls section. I did resist the urge to purchase my DD another, b/c she has more than enough for this trip! I bought 3 of her Disney shirts at JC Penny back in March and they still had some the last time I was in there (about a week or 2 ago). Just thought I'd pass those along, as when I first started looking I was finding a ton for DS but having a hard time finding cute disney tee's for DD!

I just this afternoon bought the Mickey and Minnie shirts at Target for Molly! They were on sale for $7 (from $7.99, big savings ;) ) They are really cute and nice and thin, so they won't be miserable in June heat...well I hope anyway.

We are the same way, I buy outfits, not many individual pieces. I've had to suck it up and buy some plain knit shorts and denim shorts so we can mix and match.

Are you by any chance, on gymbofriends.com as well?

I'm the same way. I'm sure she will choose jeans and a top for her whole teen and adult life. I only get a few years o the cutesy stuff!
And yes, I am on GF. What tipped you off? Are you on there? Um not a super active member; I generally only have time for one board a day if that lol. Is gymbo your favorite place to shop? I'm currently in love with naartjie!

bummer that those were toddler girl! My 5year old wears a 7 in tops.
funny you say the girl shirts were harder to find. I had the opposite experience. I guess because I keep seeing the same people on the boy tees and there are so many different girl characters to choose from.

I just this afternoon bought the Mickey and Minnie shirts at Target for Molly! They were on sale for $7 (from $7.99, big savings ;) ) They are really cute and nice and thin, so they won't be miserable in June heat...well I hope anyway.

I've been trying really hard to not go to target until at least next week when I have the final shopping list for the trip. Sounds like I need to step it up with my list so I can get there!

lots of changes for may....

Most of the changes involve longer park hours and extra shows/parades. The crowd levels have either not changed or not been changed YET. They are currently ranging from 3-6

Here are my dates-

Tuesday May 10: No changes
This is our arrival date. We have no park scheduled this day.

Wednesday May 11: No changes
We are going to MK. It is still a best park

Thursday May 12: Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am – 10pm from 9am – 9pm.* Second Fantasmic added at 10:30pm, in addition to 9pm Fantasmic.
We are going to epcot. It is a best park

Friday May 13: Magic Kingdom hours extended to 9am – 10pm from 9am – 9pm.* Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am – 10pm from 9am – 9pm.* Second Fantasmic added at 10:30pm, in addition to 9pm Fantasmic.
we are going to ak, a best park

Saturday May 14: Magic Kingdom hours extended to 8am – 1am from 9am – 11pm.* Second Main Street Electrical Parade added at 11pm, in addition to 9pm Parade.* Animal Kingdom hours extended to 9am – 8pm from 9am – 6pm.
This is the one of the few days with MSEP, and the only day with two parades. We will probably not make it to the MK until after our dinner ADR. We hope to hit a few rides during the first parade and wishes. We will probably leave shortly after the second parade rather thanstay till the end.

Sunday May 15: Magic Kingdom hours extended to 9am – 11pm from 9am – 9pm.* Main Street Electrical Parade added at 10pm (no previous Parade scheduled).* Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am – 10pm from 9am – 9pm.* Second Fantasmic added at 10:30pm, in addition to 9pm Fantasmic.* Animal Kingdom hours extended to 9am – 8pm from 9am – 7pm.
our morning will be at DTD. Originally, we were going to go to DHS to see F! Then the pixar anniversary event was scheduled. I'd been staring at our schedule trying to figure out how to do both without giving something else up. I think we will end up at EP for the afternoon/evening for the characters. It is listed as a best park. It doesn't seem that the crowd levels have changed for this day even with the additions.

Monday May 16: Magic Kingdom hours extended to 9am – 11pm from 9am – 10pm.
there is another change that wasn't posted on this list but IS on the wdw site and the travel agent calendar. Hollywood Studios has extended the open hours from 9am - 7pm to 9am - 10pm. It has EMH from 10pm -1am. They have also added two fantasmic showings at 9pm and 1030 pm. We are scheduled to go to DHS this day. It is listed as a best park on one site, and a worst park on another. The crowd level is low though, and has not changed with the additions. I had originally picked this because of the lack of F! The estimated crowd level is much lower than all our other days except our first park day and that isn't changing from MK. But now with the ling hours and F! added I'm not so sure about it. Is it going to be so crazy that it is worth changing? Even if it means the DHS day and whatever day we trade it with will probably mean trading to either higher crowds levels or not best recommendations? What would you do? I'm so confused! I am happy about the changes in general because it means we should be able to catch the show without giving something else up. F! Is now being shown thurs, fri, sun, mon, tues, and wed during our dates, 2x each night.

Tuesday May 17: Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am – 10pm from 9am – 9pm.* Second Fantasmic added at 10:30pm, in addition to 9pm Fantasmic.
We are going to MK this day. It is still a best park

Wednesday May 18: Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am – 10pm from 9am – 6pm.* Fantasmic added at 9pm and 10:30pm (no Fantasmic shows previously scheduled).
This is our departure day. Ee will hopefully be able to fit in a couple hours at a park. We will choose based on whatever we want to see one last time. I hope Maya doesn't choose DJS though because it is EMH at 8am

So there you have it. Would you switch things around? Or should I just suck it up at DHS and not sacrifice pieces of the rest of the plan? Do they schedule additional shows for later park closings? (Disney Jr, BNTB etc)

not sure how I missed your PTR, but I'm here now! We're headed down for my girls' 1st trip in 40 days! :)

Saturday at the resort

we were going to wear these to the waterpark, but now its likely we are not going. So then we will wear these on the airplane for arrival day or wear them as backups when the kids get messy or hot.

mickeyoldnavytee.jpg
minniegaptee.jpg

Saturday evening 1900 Park & MK

carterscastletank.jpg
carterspinktutu.jpg
unless she decides she wants to wear her old cindy dress

i have no idea what James will be wearing but it will likely have some form of ocean or beach theme. apparently i like those, judging from the number of lobsters/ crabs/ turtles/ sting rays/ surfboards/ etc etc in his closet for this wummer:rotfl2:

Sunday morning DTD

tianacostume.jpg
for bbb

carstee.jpg
in honor of the cars 2 cars at DTD that day

Sunday night epcot

probably the same thing.

Monday DHS

jessietee.jpg
buzztee.jpg

Tuesday MK

James will wear his special pooh shirt- it should be here any day. maya will wear her special rapunzel shirt

Wednesday park of choice and departure

tiana.jpg
like this but the shirt and skirt are purple
frog.jpg

i have no picture of the shirt, but picture a frog on a tee shirt

Misc.

gympldress.jpg

i have this but dont really have a place that its perfect for. i'll probably take it along and maybe we will wear it to Akershus?

My mom also picked up a couple of shirts for them. we will take them along to change into when needed. Judging by the description i think it may be these?

fairiestee.jpg
animaltee.jpg

so there you have it, i think my kids may have more Disney clothes than i do real clothes:scared1: thank goodness i only had a year to collect.

bummer that those were toddler girl! My 5year old wears a 7 in tops.
funny you say the girl shirts were harder to find. I had the opposite experience. I guess because I keep seeing the same people on the boy tees and there are so many different girl characters to choose from.

The tee's were in the little girls section (not toddler girls) for all 3 stores. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that in my original post.

But you got some great shirts! I wish I had as much luck in that department. We have several days where the kids aren't wearing Disney shirts b/c I couldn't find more for them. :(

I would guess that if Fantasmic! is being shown that many times that week, then going on a Fantasmic! day would not be too bad. I think I'd keep it as planned. And maybe go catch the later show if we all felt like it.

More great Disney outfits! I love the Tiana stuff. My boys have a lot of Disney clothes, too. We were actually out today, and I looked at Landon in his Mickey shirt and Carter in his Buzz Lightyear shirt, and then I remembered I was wearing my Monorail shirt. We looked very Disney-ish for the mall. :laughing:

The tee's were in the little girls section (not toddler girls) for all 3 stores. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that in my original post.

But you got some great shirts! I wish I had as much luck in that department. We have several days where the kids aren't wearing Disney shirts b/c I couldn't find more for them. :(

I will definitely have to keep an eye out then.
I ended up getting ours from Disney store, old navy, gap, walmart, and u think one was from target.

I would guess that if Fantasmic! is being shown that many times that week, then going on a Fantasmic! day would not be too bad. I think I'd keep it as planned. And maybe go catch the later show if we all felt like it.

More great Disney outfits! I love the Tiana stuff. My boys have a lot of Disney clothes, too. We were actually out today, and I looked at Landon in his Mickey shirt and Carter in his Buzz Lightyear shirt, and then I remembered I was wearing my Monorail shirt. We looked very Disney-ish for the mall. :laughing:

right now I think I'm going to keep the days as is. They still have that day as a 1.8. And the rest of the possibilities are mostly around 4.6 or 5.2. TP has updated to now show the new hours and f! And they didn't change the crowd estimations. I like the schedule as a whole. And am looking forward to the EMH dance party. Our must do's are either fp or shows so it should be doable, even if do it with a crowd.

Your monorail shirt sounds cute! I bought myself a random Disney tee after we returned from our last trip. And then proceeded to hide it from myself! And that's my one and only Disney tee. I really need to work on that.

I'm watching my favorite episode of Roseanne right now. I really should be asleep but I'm waiting for another thunderstorm to move through the area. Anyway, it's the one where the family takes a trip to Disney. It cracks me up with they rush through rope drop. Running past the emporium with Jiminy singing. Then they get to the end of main street and Dan turns and runs right back down MS towards the gates once he realizes only Epcot serves beer:happytv: Darlene is grumpy and rude until she meets Pooh Bear (man has that costume changed!). She hugs him and jumps up and down. And it's probably the only true smile she had in the whole series. Them Roseanne and Jackie play games with the street sweeper, littering in random places and watching him chase after their trash:rotfl2:

I'm getting off topic here.

I came on here to say I spent more money. I placed a small order at Gatden Grocer. I got some peanut butter crackers, mini muffins, yogurt, bananas, coffee creamer, Gatorade, monster drinks for DH, doritos single servings, milk, and nutrigrain bars. (I'll also bring some nuts and a couple other items that travel well from home). These items will serve as breakfast most days. They will also be some mid morning snacks. Last time we did this, and used our snack credits in the afternoon as a break time when it was crowded and hot. It worked well. Anyway, I probably would have been just as well off paying for random things out of pocket from the gift shop. My $50 order approached $75 once you added tax, tip, and $15 in delivery/fuel surcharges. :scared1: it's definitely convienient and nice to know what we will have ahead of time.

I also finally preordered the photopass. I considered the photobook as I still have yet to finish mine from the last trip. But I know I have seen some here made on regular photo sites with Disney backgrounds for much less than the $70 or whatever it was.

I also had DH pick up a couple LGMH from home depot today. I would venture to guess at this point that they will have little to no decoration- but I'll have them.

I still have to make a target run. Hopefully it's the last stuff I have to buy.
I need to get:
sunscreen- I think mine is approaching 2years; better safe than sorry
face makeup- need it anyway
small coffee- must have
sticky sheets- to make phone numbers for inside the kids clothes/on our stuff
ind bags of nuts- my breakfast/snack of choice

it seems like there was something else but it's escaping me right now.

Tomorrow I'll update on our Disney Easter baskets!

Chris was actually off for Easter Sunday! We went to lunch at my parents house and had a small Easter egg hunt afterwards. I forgot to bring my camera, but grabbed these on my phone.

easter2011b-1-1.jpg

Maya, James, and my nephew Cayden

easter2011.jpg

easter2011c-1.jpg

I have no idea what they were looking at; i just liked that James was copying his big sister LOL

When we were getting ready to leave our house to go to my parents, the kids came outside and saw that the Easter bunny had come to our house. For some silly reason he had left the "baskets" outside (because the kids were being too nosy this weekend!)

Here is what was left for them.

easter2011d.jpg

That's right. we decided that it was close to trip time so we might as well go ahead and tell them. We figured that she may possibly figure it out on the way there between a flight to Orlando or someone saying something. We figured that at least this way we would get it on camera.

easter2011e.jpg

Here is the inside of Maya's Rapunzel bag.

and here are some picture of the contents (other than the traditional candy/ eggs)
easter2011f.jpg

Sparkly Minnie ear headband

easter2011g.jpg

Minnie sunglasses

easter2011h2.jpg

tiana pool flip flops

easter2011h.jpg

Princess color wonder

there was also the pink Disney hat i showed you a few pages back, and some princess keychains. I'll show you the boy version of those in a minute.

Now the inside of James' cars bag
easter2011i.jpg

and his Disney trip stuff inside
easter2011j.jpg

Buzz flipflops- i was SO hoping that his wide feet would fit in these, but not yet.:guilty:

easter2011k.jpg

Mater keychain inside an egg. He got Mater, Lightning McQueen, and Stitch. Maya got Aurora, Cinderella, and Snow White.

easter2011l.jpg

Cars, Mickey, and Buzz sunglasses. He just tripled his sunglass stash.

easter2011m.jpg

Toy Story 3 color wonder

So how did the big reveal go......

I'm going to say like i expected:rotfl::rotfl:

I walked out in front of the kids so i could turn on the flip camera. I used the flip rather than the regualr video camera for the sole purpose of easy uploading. I planned on sharing that here with you guys. Well, i walk out and hit the wrong button so instead of starting to record i start playing on old video. I hit a few buttons as the kids visualize the baskets. At the same time as it finally starts recording, Maya says oh, the Easter bunny came, right as i let out a nice loud S*^$ :rotfl2:
So, strike 1!
gotta figure out how to edit it so that i can post it here.

James sees Mickey, hugs him, and throws him down. He then looks in his bag, sees the sunglasses, and then proceeds to run in circles in the grass.
Strike 2- only one kid interested at this point.

Maya keeps looking in her bag. We then ask her to try to read Mickey.
Maya- "i see the word I'm"
Me- "good, what else"
Maya- (sounds out a-r-e-)
Me- are
Maya- (reads the letters g-o-i-r-g)
strike 3.A- why did i have them use that font- she can't read that font
Me- going
Maya- "to"
Me- "what's the last word"
Maya- "i dont know" stomp, stomp
Chris- "the same word is on your bag. what do you think it says"
Maya- "Disney. Oh look momma there is CHOCOLATE in here":

yep, we tell our kid she is going to Disney and she is more excited about a chocolate bunny:lmao:
STRIKE 3-B

so we tell here, do you realize what that means- that we are going to Disney- aren't you excited?

she then lets out the loudest scream she can and goes back to digging in her bag

disclaimer- i dont want Maya to seem ungrateful. she has had Disney on the mind and we have been talking about it almost nonstop since. it just took a bit for it to sink in, especially with chocolate distractions!

So how did the big reveal go......

I'm going to say like i expected:rotfl::rotfl:

I walked out in front of the kids so i could turn on the flip camera. I used the flip rather than the regualr video camera for the sole purpose of easy uploading. I planned on sharing that here with you guys. Well, i walk out and hit the wrong button so instead of starting to record i start playing on old video. I hit a few buttons as the kids visualize the baskets. At the same time as it finally starts recording, Maya says oh, the Easter bunny came, right as i let out a nice loud S*^$ :rotfl2:
So, strike 1!
gotta figure out how to edit it so that i can post it here.

James sees Mickey, hugs him, and throws him down. He then looks in his bag, sees the sunglasses, and then proceeds to run in circles in the grass.
Strike 2- only one kid interested at this point.

Maya keeps looking in her bag. We then ask her to try to read Mickey.
Maya- "i see the word I'm"
Me- "good, what else"
Maya- (sounds out a-r-e-)
Me- are
Maya- (reads the letters g-o-i-r-g)
strike 3.A- why did i have them use that font- she can't read that font
Me- going
Maya- "to"
Me- "what's the last word"
Maya- "i dont know" stomp, stomp
Chris- "the same word is on your bag. what do you think it says"
Maya- "Disney. Oh look momma there is CHOCOLATE in here":

yep, we tell our kid she is going to Disney and she is more excited about a chocolate bunny:lmao:
STRIKE 3-B

so we tell here, do you realize what that means- that we are going to Disney- aren't you excited?

she then lets out the loudest scream she can and goes back to digging in her bag

disclaimer- i dont want Maya to seem ungrateful. she has had Disney on the mind and we have been talking about it almost nonstop since. it just took a bit for it to sink in, especially with chocolate distractions!

YAY FOR THE SURPRISE! And its hard to get excited about an upcoming trip when there's chocolate RIGHT THERE! :lmao:

I'm sure as it sinks in more, they'll get more and more excited. :hug:

Loved your Easter pics! The kids are precious! The Easter Bunny did a great job, too!!!

Isn't it funny how they don't always react like we think they will or like we want them too? I guess we just get so spoiled seeing those commercials on tv w/ the perfect reactions...but one thing's for sure--they will be excited when they get there!! :goodvibes

YAY FOR THE SURPRISE! And its hard to get excited about an upcoming trip when there's chocolate RIGHT THERE! :lmao:

I'm sure as it sinks in more, they'll get more and more excited. :hug:

Loved your Easter pics! The kids are precious! The Easter Bunny did a great job, too!!!

thanks for the picture compliments.
I should have known better than to tempt a girl with chocolate and them give her big news:rotfl2:

she is really excited though. Especially for "snow mountain" and the slide at the feature pool. I hope she doesn't change her mind for either of those once we get there!

Isn't it funny how they don't always react like we think they will or like we want them too? I guess we just get so spoiled seeing those commercials on tv w/ the perfect reactions...but one thing's for sure--they will be excited when they get there!! :goodvibes

You hit the nail on the head. She reacted much like I expected and nothing like I expected.
To be honest, it's partially my fault. I have not been able to keep my mouth shut. I've had way too many conversations with her that start with "Maya, want to hear about this new thing at WDW?". Or "Maya, when james is older, when we go back to Disney, we should do ________". I've still got a couple of surprises for them though. Some character meals, the harmony haircut and the bbb appointment.

LOL Chocolate is definitely a distraction allright! I bet she is very excited though. Hope you figure out how to edit the video, would love to see it. Granted, I think you should keep te original just to laugh at later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter