"Dog" friendly hotel???

B3LM

Disney Fan
Does anyone have suggestions for a good hotel that allows dogs. My parents and I are planning a trip to WDW in November.

Thanks!
Beth

They list which hotels accept pets, and often the limitations. Keep in mind that if you do not have a doberman or a rottweiler, most places will not consider your dog large. Also, there is a book available at many bookstores, "The Florida Dog Lover's Companion", which lists not only hotels, but great places to walk your dog, dine al fresco with your dog, etc.

We used to bring ours all the time! It can be a lot of fun! (Now we have 2 LARGE dogs and one SMALL (read terrible two's toddler), so we hire a pet sitter.

Have a blast!

iluvtig

I was just looking at one of the Country Inns and Suites near WDW (Calypso Cay?) and I noticed that it said that Pets were welcome.

Check www.countryinns.com and enter "Orlando" in the search.

I agree with the residence inn in lake buena vista

There are also full service hotels that accept dogs as well.
I know the holiday inn in 535 accepts dogs.

If you want to stay near Universal Studios you can also check out the Hard Rock Hotel for they accept dogs and treat them quite well!

:D

Thanks for the info. I was wondering though - is there a weight restriction at the hotels at Universal? My dog is 30 pounds

In my experience, if your dog is over the stated weight limit try speaking with the manager and it may not be a problem. We once stayed at a Residence Inn where the limit was 40 lbs., but the manager OKed our 220 lb. mastiff :)

You can also try and contact the Disney Kennels...they use to keep a list of the local hotels that accepted pets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter