Does transportation play an issue when you book a DISNEY hotel?

Does transportation play a role in the hotel you book?

• Yes

• No

• Sometimes, but not always

Results are only viewable after voting.

argue

Mouseketeer
When you book a Disney Hotel, does transportation play a big role in where and when you book your hotel?

We love Epcot and tend to spend a lot of time there, so we always stay at the YC/BC resorts because you can just walk into Epcot :thumbsup2

I'd be able to do the GF for the proximity to the MK but I don't think I could stay anywhere in which I need to rely on bus transportation to get EVERYWHERE....

I'm spoiled I guess :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

As we're figuring out where we're going to stay, lately money trumps transportation. We were lucky enough to stay at GF once, and we got really spoiled being on the monorail line. However, we can't afford to stay at deluxes usually. We considered AKL in the past, but it's so far from everything except AK. And, if we're going to spend that kind of money on a resort, we want to be more central.

The best balance we've found so far is POR. It's centrally located, we love the theme and, unlike others, we've never had an issue with the bus service. Then again, we like to go during off season.

Sometimes.

Word is the bus transportation from any of the resorts should be much better by this fall with the new GPS dynamic bus routing.

From this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1429832

Regardless.. this will all be changing with the new GPS dynamic bus routing. No bus will be 'dedicated' to anything. They'll all be routed and scheduled dynamically based on need at that exact point in time.

That new bus routing system is due to be implemented in phases this year. Most of it should be in place by the fall.

Knox

Yes:

Check here
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=18277681&postcount=8

And here..
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=18279335&postcount=12

Basically it's a GPS system that will track all buses (and number of guests aboard) at all times.. in coordination with a computerized routing and scheduling system that works 'on the fly'.

Knox

-----------------------------------------------------

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

I said no, we rent a car when we go.

I voted yes and here is why. Since my family and I always stay at the Contemporary or at the Polynesian for the 1st time this December, we could not see ourselves not staying at a Magic Kingdom Resort that is on the Resort Monorail line. Before we made our December reservations we talked about what if we tried the Boardwalk, Yacht Club or Beach Club? However we kept going back to how easy it is with the Monorail to visit the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian which is why we sticked with that area.

I've stayed at POFQ, Contemporary , Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think the transportation was great at all of them. I've heard people say that AKL is too far. But, AKL doesn't share busess with any other resort. The only time I had to wait longer than five minutes at AKL was for a bus for DTD. The only time I saw large amounts of people and had to wait for another bus, was at closing at any of the parks. Most of the time we leave for the parks later in the morning after the am rush and if we stay till the park closes we take our time coming back ( sit and watch the crowds). i don't know how fast people want to travel around WDW, but I think the transportation is great!

Sometimes. When we go down with my father, who has a bad back and hips then yes. If it is just my DH and I then no.

I voted sometimes because come closing time at a park I much prefer a nice leisurely stroll back to my hotel to being packed on a bus.For this reason I like to stay somewhere on the Boardwalk whenever possible but,if finances require that I stay somewhere less expensive or not go at all I will definitely stay elsewhere. I just might not do as many nightime activities.

I Vote YES Because:
Since my DH drives all day for his work, we are so
happy to have Disney Drive us around, it wouldn't be a vacation
without it.
I have all the patience in the world when I don't
have to fight park closing traffic and busy streets.
There will always be someone
complaining and whining about the transportation to and from
WDW Resort, no matter which resort you stay at, but our family is very satisfied and look at it as a Gift.
It's all in the way you view things. :upsidedow

Absolutely.

Anytime we stay at a monorail resort, it just "feels" like Disney. In other words, I view Disney transportation as part of the experience.

I am a Disney sheep. Baaaaah! :thumbsup2

I voted yes. While we've never stayed on the monorail we do like to stay where there are busses that do not share. The ride time to the parks has never been an issue for us so far. We've always experienced fast and convenient transportation.

In the past, transportation wasn't an issue with me. But after a few recent value/mod stays, my thinking has changed. I find it soooo hard to get to MK in a timely manner in the mornings on a value/mod bus! I been timing it - if I leave my room at 9:45 am., I will usually be lucky to get to MK at 11:15! I know I should get up earlier and beat the crowds, but I'm too lazy to get up, so I pay the price with long lines, and usually waiting until the 3rd bus to come before I can get on. Even if I drive to MK, it takes a long time to get there, park, wait in line to take the tram, wait in line for ferry or monorail, etc. I like getting to MK early so I can get character photos for my website, but the slow transportation has really bogged me down. :(

So nowadays, I am leaning towards paying more money to get better buses and/or a park in walking or monorail/boat distance. I am tired of the crowded buses and standing in the crowded bus aisles over and over. Next trip, we are splurging for the Poly, and I am soooo excited!! :)

Yes, yes, yes.

It is important for us to be able to get back to our resort quickly, and without too many stops. This is the reason we have never stayed at a moderate, because DH dislikes the thought of stopping at all the bus stops within the resort. Can you imagine? Waiting for busses after Wishes, then standing thru all those stops!

That said, we were floored last year when we stayed at BWI and had to endure seven stops - seven - when we returned from AK. We had been spoiled with AKL who doesn't share buses (it does have an occasional extra stop at BB).

But it is all give-and-take! BWI transportation to Epcot (feet!) and MGM (boat) are wonderful.

yes ;)

Since we have 2 young children, we tend to spend most of our time at MK. I wonder though, if it will still be as important when they are a few years older. There are some other resorts we would like to experience, but we just love that monorail!

our kids are 8 and 3 so we do think about where we will be eating and going
we will rent a car if we think its gonna be an issue

Sometimes, I pick my resort according to my budget first, then think about the transportation options. This next trip we're staying at AKL. Because it's just DH & I going, I'm not so worried about getting to parks quickly. We're there to relax this trip.

I voted "no". I pick my resort absent consideration for transportation. I think the Disney transportation system is exceptional. We have stayed at CBR, WL, Swan, BCV, AKL, OKW and SSR and have used WDW transportation exclusively on all of our trips. I am never in a hurry to get anywhere when on vacation, and love not having to drive. Yes, there are times when my bus, boat or monorail may make several stops, and I may have to make an occasional transfer, but I really don't care. The Disney transportation system always gets me where I need to go, and it gets me there safely. So, I figure, what's there for me to complain about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter