Does this make me a bad mom??

I was responding to the idea that leaving the child behind means the parent will regret not having them there. Other children present or not, no one but the OP can say whether or not she will regret it. Did I miss my Dd? Absolutely. But I didn't regret not bringing her because the trip would have been significantly different had we brought her. It just made me excited to bring her next time.

I was responding to the idea that leaving the child behind means the parent will regret not having them there. Other children present or not, no one but the OP can say whether or not she will regret it. Did I miss my Dd? Absolutely. But I didn't regret not bringing her because the trip would have been significantly different had we brought her. It just made me excited to bring her next time.

But I think it's different when it's an adults only trip versus one with other kids. The OP had a four year old as well so many of the inconveniences about bringing a two year old could very well apply to the four year old too. I also think the fact that the OP made this post shows she's already have second thoughts about bringing the youngest, which could only intensify when they're at the parks and she sees other toddler having a wonderful time.

But I think it's different when it's an adults only trip versus one with other kids. The OP had a four year old as well so many of the inconveniences about bringing a two year old could very well apply to the four year old too. I also think the fact that the OP made this post shows she's already have second thoughts about bringing the youngest, which could only intensify when they're at the parks and she sees other toddler having a wonderful time.

Thank you! This is the point I was trying to make but you said it better.

She *may* very well regret it, yes. I didn't say that wasn't a possibility. But the first post I responded to was saying that she *will* regret it. To me, that type of response.leaves no.leeway for the OP reacting differently than that responder. My point was that everyone is different - as many responders in this thread who have left a child behind while taking other and said they *don't* regret it supports.

There are some who may regret it. There are others who won't. There is not an absolute that applies to everyone. Neither is right or wrong - they are just different. That was the main point I was trying to make.

We have one son who will be 22-months during his first Disney trip. I was not planning to take him until he was potty trained, but a conference came up and I could not imagine being in Disney without my husband and son.

That said, my brother is 8 years older then me and my parents did do a few vacations with just him when I was too young to notice/care. In turn, I did some vacations with them when he was grown and out of the house when he was too "old" to care. Can't say I resent my parents for it nor do they feel guilty.

Have you asked the older kids what they think? They are part of the family and may have some insight you haven't considered.

No matter which choice, just your thoughtfulness makes you a good mom.

OP, your kids are close in age. Your 2 year old can do most everything your 4 year old can do. With your kids all being littles, I would never consider leaving one home. If there was a large age gap, that might be different but not at their ages.

Well the title of this thread certainly caught my attention and it's very interesting that the OP hasn't returned…..

In reading through this thread it's clear (as with many hot button, Disney trip planning related topics) that not everyone is going to agree and the debate can go on and on. I do want to say though that based on some of the posts on here I feel some of us shouldn't view a difference in opinion as a personal attack and just move on…..

For what it's worth, my five kids are rather spread out in age and on our family's first trip to WDW four years ago, my kids were 2, 4, 9, and 9 at the time. I've always told people our motivation for taking that trip was to go to Disney before our then 9 year old twins turned "10". Leaving our 2 year old behind wasn't an option (nor would I have wanted to). With the occasional use of baby swap a.k.a. rider switch (which my older kids loved because it allowed them to ride twice!) and even with me and DH taking turns a couple times going back out to the parks at night with the older kids, no one came away from the trip feeling like they didn't get to do what they wanted to do and it really was a magical trip. Disney really makes things accommodating for varied age groups and families with little ones. Surprisingly, the 2 year old was the most easy to deal with out of our bunch during that trip, go figure....
Following that first trip we went back to Disney in 2013; and based on our experiences we have no reservations about taking our newest addition (who will be 1.5 years old) on our upcoming trip. :cutie:

Our two and half yr old twins at the time didn't really remember everything but they sure did have a blast. Of course there were a few meltdowns but sleep in separate beds in a new place was not an issue, they were so exhausted it didn't matter. They even slept in a couple of times. Although our next trip they'll be 5 and we won't need "help" with rides, consider a babysitter. My mother-in-law paid for a babysitter who happened to be her daughters friend (pro nanny) to come along. The deal was her flight and tickets were paid for and she was paid an hourly wage only when she watched the kids while mommy and daddy had alone time. Her pay was pretty much the vacation in itself plus a couple date nights. She helped our 2.5 yr olds with potty time, naps/bedtime, and watched them while we went on bigger rides.

Doing what's best for your family makes you the best mom!!!

We have taken our kids since they were 18months. It is such a magical experience for the little ones. They didn't like sleeping in strange places either, but they were so tired at the end of the day they fell asleep in the pack in play without even realizing it. We have even put them in bed with us when they didn't want to be in there, and everyone slept fine.

I'm sure whatever you decide will be the best decision! Mothers know best. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter