Does the VIP tour include a visit of the Dream Suite?

jpessa

Addicted to Disney
Hi, trying to arrange a VIP tour with 9 colleagues and was wondering if being with a plaid would allow us to visit the Dream Suite.

Any other tips for planning a VIP tour appreciated, as I'm the one planning it! I know not all rides have quick access, so will skip those. My plan is to do the tour from noon to 6pm, then go to dinner and catch the night time shows. Haven't picked a date yet but will be a Saturday in summer.

I really hope this comes together, it would be a dream come true for me!

Hi, trying to arrange a VIP tour with 9 colleagues and was wondering if being with a plaid would allow us to visit the Dream Suite.

Any other tips for planning a VIP tour appreciated, as I'm the one planning it! I know not all rides have quick access, so will skip those. My plan is to do the tour from noon to 6pm, then go to dinner and catch the night time shows. Haven't picked a date yet but will be a Saturday in summer.

I really hope this comes together, it would be a dream come true for me!

No, the VIP tour does not include the Dream Suite. I believe Walk in Walt's Footsteps sometimes does, but its always subject to change.

Here's a link to the most recent discussion of the VIP Tour. It's recent information.

https://www.disboards.com/posts/57264587/

One of the better ways to see the dream suite is via the adventures by Disney socal tour... expensive but worth it, you see lots of other stuff that is difficult to otherwise see.

And nope, VIP tour doesn't get to see it.

Make sure to utilize your plaid to get you reservations (you'll get a better view table) and let them know you'd like to see the fireworks, too. Our "tour" ended before dinner and the fireworks, but our guide still arranged seats in the special reserved viewing area - even though he wasn't with us at the time.

A note (not a big complaint, but it was something I wasn't aware of when we booked our two VIP tours) they walk VERY slowly through the parks and stop to answer EVERY person's question.

At times, the snail pace was annoying. Perhaps it's because DH and I are in shape and tall, but it felt like the $$$ were spent getting to and fro at times, not spent on the rides, etc. At the per hour price, it just seemed silly to "stroll" through the parks, you know? I wanted more of a "let's do this!" attitude! But maybe I was just too excited. :)

And, they have instructions to stop and speak to ANYONE that asks them a question, even if they (and you) are enroute to go somewhere. I understand that they are still responsible for providing excellent CM service to everyone in the park, tour or not, but it was REALLY frustrating standing to the side while our guide was asked 3-4 questions regularly from passers-by. Especially at the cost we were shelling out!

...to finally resume our saunter through the crowd and eventually reach an attraction.... ;-) haha

That said, I enjoyed the VIP tour but would never pay the cost again. We are able to do way more on our own with a decent walking pace and no pausing for questions. If I had known these things on the front end, I might have rethought the total value vs cost. However, if you are splitting the cost with 9 co-workers, go for it! Far less of an individual investment, and the special Disney knowledge/trivia makes it a neat experience. Have fun!! :teeth:

And, they have instructions to stop and speak to ANYONE that asks them a question, even if they (and you) are enroute to go somewhere. I understand that they are still responsible for providing excellent CM service to everyone in the park, tour or not, but it was REALLY frustrating standing to the side while our guide was asked 3-4 questions regularly from passers-by. Especially at the cost we were shelling out!
Actually, they don't. The problem is many of the "newer" guides just don't know how to say "I'm busy." They hope it will be a quick answer. Most of the guides we get always keep moving, and 1 in particular will specifically say, "This isn't my area, but there is a cast member right there who will probably be able to help you."

Because we do tours frequently, we always tell our guides "We are doing adult rules" which means we will decide on a ride, and everyone meets there so the guide doesn't feel the need to watch the group walk there. If you are new or newish to Disneyland this won't work well.

I'm sorry your tour didn't go as well as you'd hoped.

...At times, the snail pace was annoying. Perhaps it's because DH and I are in shape and tall, but it felt like the $$$ were spent getting to and fro at times, not spent on the rides, etc. At the per hour price, it just seemed silly to "stroll" through the parks, you know? I wanted more of a "let's do this!" attitude! But maybe I was just too excited. :)
If you go on another VIP tour, request an "energetic" or "fast paced' guide. You may request guides by name, once you find one that matches your style.

I just had a tour this past Saturday, the parks were quite crowded with the 50th anniversary of Pirates. The guide and I walked very quickly and expected the rest of the group (varied between 4 to 10) to keep up. Starting at noon: we rode 18 attractions, had lunch at Red Rose Tavern, met Mickey at his house in Toontown. All in 8 hours, then seated viewing for MSEP and Fireworks.

BTW: VIP Guides are allowed to accept tips.

Our guide definitely did not saunter through the parks. I was so tired from the fast pace with no break that I had to take a break at Flo's at one point while everyone else went on to CS.

And when anyone stopped him, he might answer a very quick question as we continued to walk, but I don't recall him ever really stopping. We were right with him, so it was fairly obvious he was with us.

I'm sorry your tour didn't go as planned, though. Lots of $$ to be disappointed.

We have been thinking about taking a VIP tour. If we were allowed access to the Dream Suite, I would definitely book it!! :)

We have been thinking about taking a VIP tour. If we were allowed access to the Dream Suite, I would definitely book it!! :)
Currently, the Dream Suite is accessed by dinner at 21 Royal St. Not by a VIP tour.

Wow! I really appreciated hearing how different your VIP experiences were! We've used them for two different trips and they've been disappointing so we've never opted again. Would anyone mind sharing a VIP tour guide by name that they really liked? Fast paced, responsive to the groups needs, and able to navigate the "crowd questions" effectively? Maybe we will look into this for June! Thanks again for all the feedback to my post. Very, very helpful! And I hope helpful to the OP! :)

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on my VIP guide.

She went at a decent pace, not too slow, not too fast. She maybe stopped twice to help someone really quick, but she did direct the person to another CM.

I think the biggest issue I had with the guide was that I already had some good knowledge of the park, so a lot of what she talked about was stuff I already knew, although there were some nice tidbits I learned.

We managed to get everything on our list done, even though we got stuck in line at Indiana jones ride, and this was on Christmas Day.

I wouldn't do the VIP tour again, just because of the price, but it otherwise was a great experience.

I won't share on a public board, but will PM you.
Would you mind sending me a PM about that as well? I'd really appreciate it. This trip is with 9 other senior leaders of a large organization, including the CEO, who would be very annoyed with a guide that kept stopping. Lots of type A personalities in the group!

If you go on another VIP tour, request an "energetic" or "fast paced' guide. You may request guides by name, once you find one that matches your style.

I just had a tour this past Saturday, the parks were quite crowded with the 50th anniversary of Pirates. The guide and I walked very quickly and expected the rest of the group (varied between 4 to 10) to keep up. Starting at noon: we rode 18 attractions, had lunch at Red Rose Tavern, met Mickey at his house in Toontown. All in 8 hours, then seated viewing for MSEP and Fireworks.

BTW: VIP Guides are allowed to accept tips.
Will you adopt me please! GCV and VIP tours!

Can anyone tell me how many rides I can expect to do in 6 hours with a guide? The group is asking. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me how many rides I can expect to do in 6 hours with a guide? The group is asking. Thanks!

Totally depends on how fast your group and guide is willing to move. I got an opportunity to join some friends on an 8 hour VIP tour and it was a mostly quick moving adults trip with a great guide that was up for the challenge and we were on a focused ride mission.

We knocked out 22 attractions in the 8 hours across both parks...plus inhaling a corn dog somewhere along the way for lunch!

Totally depends on how fast your group and guide is willing to move. I got an opportunity to join some friends on an 8 hour VIP tour and it was a mostly quick moving adults trip with a great guide that was up for the challenge and we were on a focused ride mission.

We knocked out 22 attractions in the 8 hours across both parks...plus inhaling a corn dog somewhere along the way for lunch!

This is great, thanks. Our goal is about 16 rides and a picture with Mickey in 6 hours. Might be a bit tight. But we're happy to go fast and meet up at rides (not walk all together).

I think that should definitely be doable. I don't know how many we did but it was a lot. Covered everything we wanted to do in both parks that was available through VIP. We also stopped for lunch and did the Mark Twain, which took some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter