Does POFQ share buses in July?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by westie55, Jun 13, 2018.

1. westie55

westie55 Mouseketeer

I have tried researching whether POR and POFQ share buses but I seem to have come up with "sometimes." I will be staying at POFQ for the first time this July. For those that have been at that time of year, what was the bus sharing situation to and from the parks?

2. StageTek

StageTek It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Sorry for the unwanted reply, but...

Sometimes they do. Not every trip and rarely in the mornings to the parks. Sometimes they share from park to resort in the middle of the day and after park closings.

Hopefully likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. westie55

westie55 Mouseketeer

Thanks. I know they share sometimes, I'm just trying to establish what is typical and figure there must be someone here who has been enough times to know what the pattern is. Would it be likely in July that the buses are NOT shared in the mornings or evenings, but are shared in the middle of the day? I would think there would be some sort of plan based on time of year so it is predictable, but maybe I'm wrong and it really is random.

5. TheSouthernBelle

TheSouthernBelle DIS Veteran

We stayed at POR on a trip that spanned June-July and our bus stopped coming back from parks at FQ twice on a 5 day trip so not too often did they stop at FQ. Technically the two resorts share buses but it was a non-issue for us. We never noticed any major problems. Yes they do get crowded and it's nice to not have to stand but it's not horrible. Mornings and midday we had no problems catching a bus to the parks. Our first day, we hit the parks kind of late, around 7pm and we didn't have to wait long to get on.

6. TheSouthernBelle

TheSouthernBelle DIS Veteran

Just saw your reply on here now, as far as schedule, when we stayed at AKL this part march, I had an intimate convo with a bus driver, and the bus schedule is always random. They have a person that calls the shots based on drivers that call out and demand. They will not commit to a schedule to not upset guests. I had read somewhere that someone posted on here that bus wait times were going to be added to MDE, would be helpful for planning for sure. The TVs aren't always accurate but helpful but in app would be even better

fab1976 likes this.
  7. StageTek

StageTek It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

In my experience it seems random. I've never noticed a specific pattern. I suspect it depends on many factors we guests just cant predict. It was rare the buses were shared in the morning to the parks. But sometimes a bus would pull up almost full - so we figured it had already made some stops at Riverside. A few of times the bus left FQ and headed to Riverside and made the loop - maybe three on a 7 day trip. Middle of the day seemed random, too, but mostly it was a bus to FQ only. It was rare to share a bus coming from the parks to the resort at end of day - I don't remember it happening at all from MK but I do recall a few times from AK and HS.

I wish there was a pattern. Sorry I didn't help in any way.

8. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

We went at the beginning of March and they shared with POR then, but it wasn't very busy.

9. Tonberry

Tonberry DIS Veteran

We went for a week in late August last year and stayed at Riverside, and the 2 resorts never shared a bus. Not even once. It was probably a good thing because the POR buses were always packed!

10. Woody412

Woody412 Mouseketeer

I’d guess that it has something to do with hotel occupancy vs. expected crowds at the parks, but it would be just that. A guess. We’re heading to POR in July and I’m hopeful that we won’t be sharing, but we won’t know until we get on the bus.

11. Woody412

Woody412 Mouseketeer

Of course it could just be that simple. Some days they have enough drivers to have separate buses, and some days they don’t.

12. merdie

merdie Mouseketeer

We’ve been here at POFQ all week and not experienced one shared bus.

Woody412 likes this.
  13. ryggmom

ryggmom Earning My Ears

We just returned from a 6 night stay (June 5-11), and shared busses once with Riverside at park closing. Never going to a park. We were the first stop as well.

14. nurseholly

nurseholly Mouseketeer

I've stayed in July twice at POFQ and like prev posters, it was....sometimes. Sorry. It was never in the morning and I don't remember ever sharing at MK. It was usually at the middle of the day or afternoon. Also we were always first picked up and first let off so it wasn't a bad deal. Just takes a bit longer to pick up at POR.

15. kaitlyn4389

kaitlyn4389 Earning My Ears

Ive been in summer and fall and there were times where they shared a bus. It wasn't too often if i remember correctly, and it was in the evening.

16. Mike Marzano

Mike Marzano Earning My Ears

Our June 23-30, 2017 stay at FQ, we never experienced a shared bus, other than Magical Express between resort and airport.

17. dprincessmom

dprincessmom dprincessmom

You just hit the nail on the head... park open and park close, no sharing. Mid morning to mid afternoon/early evening maybe but the buses were never crowded on the days we did share.