Does Disneyland have magic bands?

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with Magic Bands vs. Phones. People are just gonna... be people. (I swear, Disney is such sensory overload for people, that they lose their brains.) It's like they're waiting for directions and don't realize they can just go once it turns green.

The thing that makes me laugh is when you walk up and see people lined up at one scanner and completely ignoring that there's a second one. I just walk up to the free one, boop, and go and I'm like... silly silly people.
Or you know, they might wanna wait for their friends/family and make sure no one gets left behind.

Not you specifically but I really hate the attitude here sometimes that someone taking a minute extra doing something somehow will ruin the day of the impatient person. I'm sure it's not the intention but it comes out really rude.

Or you know, they might wanna wait for their friends/family and make sure no one gets left behind.

Not you specifically but I really hate the attitude here sometimes that someone taking a minute extra doing something somehow will ruin the day of the impatient person. I'm sure it's not the intention but it comes out really rude.

Or I'm talking about separate duos or groups of people all lining up at the same scanner, while another is just sitting there with no one at it. Saw this more than once last weekend. It's just people not paying attention and not a big deal.

I know you said this wasn't directed at me specifically, and I really hope not. I just said I get a chuckle out of it. I don't think anyone here is taking the foibles of human beings that seriously. I'm certainly not. 🤷‍♀️

Or I'm talking about separate duos or groups of people all lining up at the same scanner, while another is just sitting there with no one at it. Saw this more than once last weekend. It's just people not paying attention and not a big deal.

I know you said this wasn't directed at me specifically, and I really hope not. I just said I get a chuckle out of it. I don't think anyone here is taking the foibles of human beings that seriously. I'm certainly not. 🤷‍♀️
I would hope not, and yet some people act like waiting for a family to take pictures at the turnstiles is the end of the world or waiting for folks to scan LLs will somehow add 30 min to their wait time. On this thread someone was being mean because a large group waited for each other and not immediately walked to the LL. It's pretty silly but the attitude is kinda nasty to me.

I would hope not, and yet some people act like waiting for a family to take pictures at the turnstiles is the end of the world or waiting for folks to scan LLs will somehow add 30 min to their wait time. On this thread someone was being mean because a large group waited for each other and not immediately walked to the LL. It's pretty silly but the attitude is kinda nasty to me.
Much of this is all in good humor in what we all seek in the happiest land...our own version of happiness.

To some, it's hitting all the rides in rhythm. For others, it's the group experience of entering x ride together. Some gain enjoyment of being the line police while others will gladly sprinkle their version of pixie dust in letting a family catch up to their party.

Any of these actions maybe annoying to one vs rude to another. I don't believe most do this in a way to be nasty to another person purposely.

When we're in queues, we're more than happy and willing to assist folk (and CMs!) in optimizing the confusing world of ride entry. :D

Most folk here are dedicated fans of disney and passholders. DLR is even more concentrated with passholders that will be more apperant between regulars and visitors looking like lost sheep congregating at some common choke points. --- that hairpin turn at Thundermountain tap entry being one very common one.

If you are talking about me, sorry no. The cast members were the ones telling their group to continue through the scanners and wait on the other side for everyone. When a group of people blocks ALL the 4 scanners at the ride entrance, it causes loading inefficiency, the line to back up into the walkways, etc. The CMs are instructed to keep that line moving at all times. They are constantly telling people to step up to any empty scanner. The guests who completely ignore cast member instructions are the ones being rude. They are holding up the line for everyone else and making the CMs job harder than it needs to be.

The large group could have proceeded through the scan points and waited for everyone else off to the side while other groups scanned in. They held up everyone else. The "line" doesn't begin until after you scan in.

If you are talking about me, sorry no. The cast members were the ones telling their group to continue through the scanners and wait on the other side for everyone. When a group of people blocks ALL the 4 scanners at the ride entrance, it causes loading inefficiency, the line to back up into the walkways, etc. The CMs are instructed to keep that line moving at all times. They are constantly telling people to step up to any empty scanner. The guests who completely ignore cast member instructions are the ones being rude. They are holding up the line for everyone else and making the CMs job harder than it needs to be.

The large group could have proceeded through the scan points and waited for everyone else off to the side while other groups scanned in. They held up everyone else. The "line" doesn't begin until after you scan in.
Totally agree and I assume they're talking about my post or your post 🤣

None of us are taking it that serious, this forum is good way to vent and common courtesy goes a long way. I would also compare it to people who block entire escalators or moving walkways at airports. Yet go to somewhere like Tokyo where it's normal to stay on one side and let others pass.

Totally agree and I assume they're talking about my post or your post 🤣

None of us are taking it that serious, this forum is good way to vent and common courtesy goes a long way. I would also compare it to people who block entire escalators or moving walkways at airports. Yet go to somewhere like Tokyo where it's normal to stay on one side and let others pass.
Japan is a totally different culture. Saw a video where mom admonished child for jumping a subway turnstile; made him go back and pay.

Tsunami ridden disaster and entire wallets with money turned into the police station.

Clean up after a soccer game in foreign country.

Amazing society in some aspects that we can learn to emulate (and they likewise from us of course!)

I blame a lot of the ride entry problem on Disney for not having good signage, or not enough CMs. Sometimes it’s not obvious how many scanners there even are, particularly if there is a crowd of people. when it gets crowded, there should be a CM out front directing traffic, in addition to the ones behind the scanners. I don’t think people are being that rude, I think they’re just oblivious as they don’t know what to do.

Part of the problem is very few of the DL ride queues were built with Fastpass in mind (Indy and Space, I’m looking at you). You don’t really have this issue in Galaxy’s edge, for example, because it was built for it.

Now when people are scanning their own phone individually and then standing, blocking the aisle while they wait for their party, I agree that is rude. Ultimately though, the scanning is the bottleneck more so than the walking. There’s plenty of queue to catch up.

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong spot but I’m hoping y’all can help me out. Last year my family and I went to WDW, first day was fine with the genie+ although it did get a little annoying always pulling out my phone to scan barcodes for LL. Long story short our second day in the part for some reason I couldn’t get any signal(thanks ATT) at the gate like an idiot not being able to show my tickets. A nice CM takes me to a side booth and looks up our reservations, she then gives us physical cards and tells us we don’t need to use our phones for the LL we can use these. Anyways my daughter loved having her own disney card and being able to scan it at all the rides. She still keeps it in her toy box at home.
Heading to WDL in a few days, is this still an option? Or is everything the app or a magic wrist band?

Hoping that they make some updates to MB+ at DLR. It seems a miss to not have the bands capable to open the resort rooms. Don't all the rooms use similar tech with the key cards?

Hoping that they make some updates to MB+ at DLR. It seems a miss to not have the bands capable to open the resort rooms. Don't all the rooms use similar tech with the key cards?

Yes. The problem here is that at DL, magic bands are linked to a park ticket, not a guest account. Park tickets don't open room doors. The bands here can be reassigned and shared among people. They are connected in a completely different way. They really bungled that, IMO.

Yes. The problem here is that at DL, magic bands are linked to a park ticket, not a guest account. Park tickets don't open room doors. The bands here can be reassigned and shared among people. They are connected in a completely different way. They really bungled that, IMO.
Just out of curiosity, how well does it work to reassign a band? I have 2, so I could reassign one to my DD, but would it be one of those things that are supposed to be ok but you might need a CM to actually get it to work?

Just out of curiosity, how well does it work to reassign a band? I have 2, so I could reassign one to my DD, but would it be one of those things that are supposed to be ok but you might need a CM to actually get it to work?

I haven't done it but it seems very simple. You just unpair it from the ticket in the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter