Does anyone make CHAI TEA LATTES at home?

Our favorite way to do this at home is to use the Oregon Chai concentrate. (we find it locally at Wegman's). You mix equal amounts of concentrate and milk...but we first froth the milk with an inexpensive milk frother we bought on Amazon. Then we get fancy depending on the season and add pumps of pumpkin spice or gingerbread syrup..so good!!! If not using a syrup we top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Does anyone have a milk frother that they love..? I (almost) always have hot lattes as I live in Oregon. We do have an automatic espresso machine that has a milk frother on the side but it takes up a lot of real estate now that I do not drink coffee and it's not very easy to clean either....

I'm gonna look next time I go shopping.... isn't the word 'chai' simply the word 'tea' anyway? :rotfl2: so basically calling it a 'tea tea latte'..?

Yep. And my understanding is that when Indians use the word chai, they almost always mean this sort of masala (which means spiced) tea with milk. So...yeah, a lot of repetitiveness.....and redundancy.

I'm gonna look next time I go shopping.... isn't the word 'chai' simply the word 'tea' anyway? :rotfl2: so basically calling it a 'tea tea latte'..?
It is the peppery spiced blend that makes it chai tea. As in Oolong tea, black tea, etc. I also use the Tazo concentrate - Publix or Harris Teeter is where I pick them up. I prefer the taste to the Oregon tea blend. I dislike the powdered blends - intensely. Our stores have a lower sugar variety of the Tazo blend. With it being less sweet, I prefer about a 60-40 blend so I taste the tea spices better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter