Does anyone know about Vegas Brazil, LLC Alamo discount?

Just booked using Vegas-Brazil code and Visa code, got a awesome rate, but now I am a little nervous - I will be picking up the car at the Car Care Center and I am afraid they may ask for something that I don't have. Has anyone picked up the rental anywhere other then the airport and had a problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone use it recently? I'm holding two identical Alamo ressies, same car class and whatnot, one with the Brazil and one without, about a 70 dollar difference. Mine doesn't seem to include the insurance though, and I've been randomly checking the last two weeks just to make sure.

I looked up their website and they are a travel company specializing in the vegas area from what i gather. I don't know much about how these things work when you get special rates using codes from specific companies (ex: costco, bjs, this one) but I would assume that the company pays the rental car something for getting those special rates. Because of this I decided the $50+ savings was not a chance I was willing to take. You can sign up for the Orlando magic card for free and use their rate if you don't belong to the other companies. The code for that is 7016220. It is not as big a savings but it is a safe code to use. I know others have used the vegas code with no problem I just personally don't feel right about it. Whatever you decide enjoy your vacation :)

Just booked using Vegas-Brazil code and Visa code, got a awesome rate, but now I am a little nervous - I will be picking up the car at the Car Care Center and I am afraid they may ask for something that I don't have. Has anyone picked up the rental anywhere other then the airport and had a problem? Any help would be appreciated.
You either qualify for a special deal, or you don't. I have no idea if you qualify for this rate. There have been times when people have reported using a great code or such to get a terrific rate. But, when push came to shove? They ended up paying a lot more because they really weren't entitled to it.
So, just be sure you are entitled.

You either qualify for a special deal, or you don't. I have no idea if you qualify for this rate. There have been times when people have reported using a great code or such to get a terrific rate. But, when push came to shove? They ended up paying a lot more because they really weren't entitled to it.
So, just be sure you are entitled.

My sister had booked with a different code that was iffy. Agent asked for ID, when they couldn't prove they had to pay walk up rate. About double the amount of the other rate. This was this summer in Colorado.

I had the Vegas code booked, but Costco rates ended up dropping down but it was still $35 more than Vegas. However, for $35 I switched to the Costco rate for the free 2nd driver and no thought in the back of my head about an issue with not knowing the source of it.

Another great rate code to go out and find is USAA. You have to join But you do NOT have to be IN the Military, They let you join for free to access their 'financial tools", you get a membership card and can use their car rental discounts which are usually pretty good. I bet someone is going to get on here and bash me for not being military and using it, but the website CLEARLY acknowledges that you are non military and you get a restricted version, however the car rentals are accessible for all!

Using the USAA "Am I Eligible Tool" and answering "no" until the end this is what you get:

Although you don't have any military affiliation, we can still offer you a variety of products and services.
whyJoin_qa_divider.png

The following products are available to you:

• InvestmentsFinancial guidance to help you make informed decisions.
  • Life InsuranceCoverage at competitive rates.
  • Shopping and DiscountsTake advantage of discounts and rewards.

Join or call 1-800-531-8722

Start Over

FWIW
I used the chat feature on Vegas Brazil's website to talked to an agent. I figured I could just book through them. She said if it worked to use it. She was happy that a got such a good rate. :) I even received an email of our chat conversation. Extremely nice agent. If I ever travel to Vegas I will be using some of their services because she was extremely friendly. :)

I asked my agent and she told me that we would NOT be covered if we were in an accident with a rental car. It depends on your policy. Ours doesn't include it.
Yes, check. But usually you need to have full coverage on a vehicle on your policy. Also, some credit card companies include coverage when you pay with your credit card. So call them as well.

YIKES -- with the Brazil code my 8-day rate for a full-size was $382. Without the code, just plain vanilla Alamo insider my rate was $183.

YIKES -- with the Brazil code my 8-day rate for a full-size was $382. Without the code, just plain vanilla Alamo insider my rate was $183.
Could be a few reasons. When I check with my insiders it gives me the weekly rate in bold with the total cost below in smaller font but contract codes just give total. Also different codes seem to be better deals on different categories. I can put in same dates/times but different codes and the order of lowest to highest rentals changes every time. So the trick is finding the code that gives the best price for the type of vehicle you want. :)

Yes, you have to be extremely careful about getting the total cost vs. the base cost of a rental. Dollar and Thrifty are horrible about that.

IIRC, one of the reasons I like National so well is that they give the total cost right up front, none of the base cost bull.

But, the Brazil code was $382 vs. the plain insiders at $183. That was total cost for each.

The difference was comparable across the board from ECAR, SCAR, ICAR, FCAR, etc. Might just be my dates, but I would not automatically assume any particular rate is always going to be the best.

I just used a code a couple of weeks ago on another rental, which has not worked any magic for a long time and it came out tops for a quick trip to San diego.

Anyway, I have not received a favorable rate from Alamo for at least two years, but for this particular trip -- in January, Alamo is among the lowest -- Budget is actually $2 lower, but I prefer Alamo to Budget. Most of the rest of them are $220 and up.

I looked up their website and they are a travel company specializing in the vegas area from what i gather. I don't know much about how these things work when you get special rates using codes from specific companies (ex: costco, bjs, this one) but I would assume that the company pays the rental car something for getting those special rates. Because of this I decided the $50+ savings was not a chance I was willing to take. You can sign up for the Orlando magic card for free and use their rate if you don't belong to the other companies. The code for that is 7016220. It is not as big a savings but it is a safe code to use. I know others have used the vegas code with no problem I just personally don't feel right about it. Whatever you decide enjoy your vacation :)
I have worked for a travel agency (not this one) but the agency actually gets a kick back in dollars or extra discounts when a reservation is made with our agency code, we don't pay extra for the use of the code. The more we use these particular companies and codes, the better the discount we get.

I booked a minivan with this code a while ago and am now thinking that two smaller vehicles might work better for our group. I went to price it out and the code didn't work for me anymore. Is this just something on my end (it put in a different Entertainment Book coupon instead and won't let me switch back) or is it possible the code has been changed due to being advertised on the forums? If that is the case, would existing reservations still be honoured? I have my confirmation email and everything looks good there.

We successfully picked up a compact from Alamo this morning using the Vegas Brazil code. We did the online check in and went straight to the garage, picked out our car and drove to the gate. No hassle, no one asked to see any documentation or support for the code. In fact, the rental agreement we had to present didn't even mention either of the codes I used (we also had the Visa code). It was a very easy process and saved us about $70.

Check your rates with Alamo. My rate with Costco and the $30 Visa coupon just went down $50. I have a Standard from Nov. 26-Dec. 2 for $132.16, which only makes it a $16 difference between Costco and the Brazil rate.

I had the Vegas code booked, but Costco rates ended up dropping down but it was still $35 more than Vegas. However, for $35 I switched to the Costco rate for the free 2nd driver and no thought in the back of my head about an issue with not knowing the source of it.

Another great rate code to go out and find is USAA. You have to join But you do NOT have to be IN the Military, They let you join for free to access their 'financial tools", you get a membership card and can use their car rental discounts which are usually pretty good. I bet someone is going to get on here and bash me for not being military and using it, but the website CLEARLY acknowledges that you are non military and you get a restricted version, however the car rentals are accessible for all!

Using the USAA "Am I Eligible Tool" and answering "no" until the end this is what you get:

Although you don't have any military affiliation, we can still offer you a variety of products and services.
whyJoin_qa_divider.png

The following products are available to you:

• InvestmentsFinancial guidance to help you make informed decisions.
  • Life InsuranceCoverage at competitive rates.
  • Shopping and DiscountsTake advantage of discounts and rewards.

Join or call 1-800-531-8722

Start Over

financial tools is code for: be prepared for many offers in the mail lol. DH was military, we've been members for years but can't imagine any existing members being so petty to jump on you for joining as a 'social member':) when it's clearly stated you can. What's really nice is the 'free' spouse driver for budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter