Does anyone have a memory foam mattress?

zippingalong

Mouseketeer
I'm considering buying one at costco. The whole mattress, not just the overlay. Anyone have one? What do you think of it?

We had one. I ended up giving it to my brother. This is going to sound weird, but at night it made
me too hot! There was something about the material that made it like you were sleeping in flannel sheets with a down comforter on. I just didn't like it. DH didn't like the way it made his back feel. He said it wasn't awful, but made him a little sore. My brother swears by the thing, but I was happy to see it go!

We had one. I ended up giving it to my brother. This is going to sound weird, but at night it made
me too hot! There was something about the material that made it like you were sleeping in flannel sheets with a down comforter on. I just didn't like it. DH didn't like the way it made his back feel. He said it wasn't awful, but made him a little sore. My brother swears by the thing, but I was happy to see it go!

Not weird at all. The top of my mattress is memory foam and it retains heat. I don't like it at all, but its new and cost a small fortune so I'm keeping it. Until I start going through the change and getting hot flashes anyway.

My kids both have the costco foam mattresses. They are a bit firm. We put memory foam toppers on them to make them softer. They are comfortable with the topper added.

Really depends on what type of mattress you like.

Mine has the gel to keep it cooler. I like it and I AM having hot flashes, lol. I did not want one made in China though so I bought mine at a mattress store. :)

I have a sleep number and bought a memory foam topper.

It is HOT. but I really like it.

We have one from Costco and we love it. Haven't noticed the heat thing that others have mentioned, but DH is a furnace anyway. It is a bit firm, so we bought the gel topper thingy to go on top. I never wake up with a sore back or a crick in my neck now.

If you get the one from Costco, it comes in a nice manageable box. Once that sucker is unfolded though, it takes awhile to expand and you'll never, ever, ever get it back in the box. There was a slight odor, but I slept on it that first night and it had dissipated by bedtime. We're really happy with it and don't think we'll ever go back to a pillow top again.

We have a Tempurpedic and wouldn't trade it for the world...best mattress EVER! We do have an in balance pad from Sleep Number, which helps prevent it from feeling too hot (all memory foam can suffer from the retained heat issue).

We bought one from Macy's for my daughter. She loves it - says it feels like sleeping on a slice of bread. LOL

I don't like them. I think they are hot and restrict movement. I like a firm mattress. My husband is heavy(220, 6'5") and I'm not lite. When we are using one in a hotel, my husband's side always has an impression and he can't move around like he wants to. I don't understand why people like them. You can get a foam top mattress with just a little memory foam instead of the whole mattress.

Mine was supposed to be firm but the one I got rid of was firmer and I had a board between the mattress and box spring. It is okay I WISH I had gotten the extra firm.

I'm considering buying one at costco. The whole mattress, not just the overlay. Anyone have one? What do you think of it?

We have had our Tempurpedic foam mattress set for 12 years and love it. It never did have a smell like some have mentioned with their mattresses.

I would never buy an off brand though. The Tempurpedic is not cheap, but you probably get what you pay for. There are different densities of foam, and that would really make a difference in the cheaper brands. Several have mentioned theirs being too hard - it's probably the foam it's made of that is not a good quality. I would be wary of the Costco mattress. Visit the Temperpedic store and compare.

We had a temperpedic and didn't like it. Returned it after a month. Really kept us hot at night and I'm usually cold natured. Also I'm a side sleeper and my hips had a tendancy to sink lower than my shoulders so i had this stretching sensation along my side. Only way I could sleep comfortably was on my back. It was weird. Some people swear by them though. I personally wouldn't sacrafice the money unless there was a money back guarantee or a trial run or something.

We bought a Serta memory foam with the gel middle--it "sleeps" a bit cooler. We both LOVE it. My backaches are gone---:thumbsup2

We bought a Temperpedic two years ago. I'm sleeping on the guest bed now. I hate memory foam and how hot it is.

Thanks for all the replies.

Costco has three different levels of mattress with the most expensive being more than 3x as expensive as the cheapest.

We're ordering a new bedroom set and getting a new mattress too. I need to check what brands they are...I looked at them a week or so ago, and can't remember what kind they are.

We have a Tempurpedic and wouldn't trade it for the world...best mattress EVER! We do have an in balance pad from Sleep Number, which helps prevent it from feeling too hot (all memory foam can suffer from the retained heat issue).

We've had a Tempurpedic mattress and pillows for 8 years...love them.

We have the icomfort - memory foam with cooling gel. Love it. it replaced the sleep number bed!

FYI, I believe Select Comfort (sleep number) now has a mattress that incorporates the best of all - sleep # + cooling gel.

Before you buy from Costco or Mattress Firm.... search online for local mattress stores. You will find much better pricing and quality if you don't buy from the national chains and if you don't buy name brand. (There are over 300 mattress manufacturers in the USA) You don't have to buy one of the few that advertise nationally. As a matter of fact you will pay more and get less if you do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter