Does anyone else go alcohol-free in WDW?

I don't drink a ton during the day at the parks bc it doesn't feel great. :) I need more energy, not less. We do drink at dinners and will have a marg in Epcot always.

I tend to skip alcohol at Disney because of the price. $10-11 for a glass of generic wine just doesn't inspire me to drink

Or that you need it to have fun, seriously never understand that one.
I don't drink super often at home, maybe one or two drinks a week, but when I'm on vacation I like to indulge a little more. Especially if I know I don't have to drive.

yes to both! I have a drink with breakfast a few times at Disney. I never have a drink with breakfast at hime. I have a few at food and wine. Because it’s food and wine lol. If you (collective you) don’t I don’t care and I don't judge.

More QS locations offer them because its now a perk to the dining plan.

I've done plenty of trips where I have not had a drink and other trips where I've had several drinks.

I guess I just don't see why its always or never and why the fact that its Disney really matters....

When we vacationed with young children we were alcohol free vacationers. Frankly, I had never noticed the alcohol option. My husband had and he knew exactly where.

Once we were on our own I discovered a 'whole new world'. In the past 3-5 years the in-park alcohol options have really taken off. Now, we see young parents with beers and strollers as early as 10 AM, which being an old biddy of 63y kinda 'hits' me but my 30-something kids tell me to 'get over it'. They do agree that young children should not be sitting at bars - and yet they are - all the time. I really think WDW should have walk-up seating areas for adults with young.

Get that 3yo off a seat at the bar so I can get a drink - LOL!!
Im about to be 50, was a big partier in the 80s, but the amount of booze I see 30-something parents imbiding in at wdw AND places like pumpkin patches/zoos etc is disturbing to me.You cant enjoy a day out with your kids without booze? Our trip in 2016 we saw a ton of drunk parents at Epcot. In full disclosure, my whole family barely drinks...a few of the guys who married nieces do, but our family holiday dinners will have wine and beer, but most have none, or one. Im going in November and will have a drink with dinner, but I dont drink at Epcot...as a poster said its tiring to see the "basic people in matching tees" drinking around the world.Kind of wrecked Epcot for me...saw a drunk dad hit his 7 year old-ish daughter in 2016.

More QS locations offer them because its now a perk to the dining plan.

I've done plenty of trips where I have not had a drink and other trips where I've had several drinks.

I guess I just don't see why its always or never and why the fact that its Disney really matters....
Because there are kids everywhere and it is disturbing to see tipsy or drunk parents "attending" to their kids, thinking theyre ok because theyre not driving....I have a big problem seeing parents with young kids drinking and pushing a stroller, but Im almost 50. My last big drinking year was 1990🤣

Because there are kids everywhere and it is disturbing to see tipsy or drunk parents "attending" to their kids, thinking theyre ok because theyre not driving....I have a big problem seeing parents with young kids drinking and pushing a stroller, but Im almost 50. My last big drinking year was 1990🤣

Over indulging anywhere is a problem. Frankly, I figure that I am responsible for my own actions, no matter where I am, and that means if I choose to drink alcohol I need to be aware of my ability to handle it, and that matters if I am iat the Flower and garden Festival or in a beer garden at the Big E. Kids are at both venues.

I have never seen that in the 30+ times I've been.
Yes I heard about a couple drunks on the news but I'd say its a rare occurrence.
There's kids everywhere else too but oh what because its not Disney its fine?
Disney is serving the alcohol so clearly they aren't bothered by it.
Plus I don't have kids so it really shouldn't matter if I have a couple of drinks as I don't get drunk and disturb the peace.

Last edited:
When it's just the two of us, usually for our F&W trips, we tend to end up at EPCOT at night and have some drinks around the world. If we do a TS dinner we'll order a bottle of wine or maybe a couple cocktails. Outside of EPCOT we might grab a beer at the Nomad lounge during a mid day break or grab a beer at the Brew Pub in HS. Disney is definitely making a concerted effort to add more and more alcohol to its three parks and we're on board with that. When we take the extended family we only really have a drink or two at dinner and maybe a french slushie on EPCOT day. Not that they are against alcohol or haven't seen us have a few drinks, but we like the focus to be more on the kids than us.

The only time I've ever had too many was during the Bears/Colts Superbowl which my brothers and I watched from our resort. Starting with a couple gin martinis and then having Peyton Manning punch your favorite team in the teeth can lead to a few too many bud lights being consumed. Disclaimer: If that happens to you...definitely cancel your next day's fastpass for mission space!

Yes, I drink more on vacation than at home. I have been known to walk over to the Wave Lounge from MK for a break. While at Universal I will get a Hogshead Ale before I get in a longish line.

I am a beer drinker. First choice is always Guinness or any other stout if Guinness isn't available. If no stouts, porters or abbey available I go for whatever is premium on the menu. I don't do Bud lol. But to answer your question, We drink at home 1 or 2 days on the weekend but never ever get drunk as we have 2 young girls. We just returned from Disney today. I drank beer every single day and on some days I had cocktails. Whiskey of course. I even drank before noon more than once. When I'm on vacation, even at Disney World I drink more than when I am at home.
I just discovered the bar outside Raglan Road has happy hour from noon-6, $5 all drafts, including Guinness. I don't do Bud either. Spent some time Friday afternoon there, had an early dinner at the bar as well! Good deal.

Last edited:
Just once in a while. Prices are crazy. Love sitting in the Prime Time Lounge in HS to have a drink. Maybe one or two in Epcot. That's about it. I always have wine in the room so that I can have a nightcap while unwinding from the day.

I never got into drinking, so for me it does not matter. I even got a free drink package on a cruise previously and had 3 drinks during the whole 7 day cruise. That was a splurge! At most I will drink during special occasions, like birthday, anniversary, New Years, or if at a party where it would be odd or uncomfortable not to appear to be drinking. (Work holiday party, wedding, etc)I don’t like feeling buzzed or out of control.

since we going to WDW for our anniversary, I might drink once or at most twice, over the course of the whole trip.

it is fine to see it offered, just not fine dealing with adults who can not control themselves. Yes, it’s WDW...and it’s fun to act like a kid, but some people Act Like they are still going to frat parties...not the kinda ‘kid’ I want be around.

We drink....it’s vacation :drinking1We’ve been going 20+ years. Even though alcohol is now available at MK we haven’t had a drink there or at AK. We may have a drink at Fantasmic, maybe. We do drink at Epcot. Now that three of our four boys are over 21, we drink and snack around the world.... we share. When we have a pool day, we may have one or two.

Ah, a Dis alcohol thread. Always entertaining. Because for a few, enjoying alcoholic beverages on vacation = needing alcohol to have fun and omg, the children. I was a child of the '70s. My parents enjoyed a pre-dinner cocktail when we stayed at the Poly. Oh, and they would even have a cocktail at home before dinner sometimes. Never were they stumbling drunk, vomiting in bushes (or anywhere else) or neglecting their parental responsibilities.

I'm also curious about the people who appear to spend a lot of time looking at fellow visitors to make a determination of their sobriety level. Believe me, I've been annoyed by drunk people in my lifetime, but I don't look around on vacation to monitor the behavior of anyone holding a beer, wine or cocktail. That sounds exhausting.

When we went with the table service plan I enjoyed my cocktails with dinner! Especially the raspberry pina colava, yum. I had some very nice cocktails with the QS plan, too. ;)

At home I might have the occasional (hard) cider if I'm in the mood, but holidays are for enjoying yourself!

I don't drink at all and never have (not religious reasons, just a bad family history). I am happy to see that there are more fun non-alcoholic drinks on the menu these days at WDW, but mildly annoyed that the dining plan and dessert parties now include alcohol because I am paying for something I won't use.

I don't drink a ton at WDW but mostly because of the prices. When I do drink, it's usually something specialty at Trader Sam's or something. At home I'm more likely to get a glass of wine or something with dinner but it's hard for me to justify the cost of alcohol at a Disney park unless I want something really specific.
Same. We go twice a year and I can count on one hand how many alcoholic drinks I’ve had at WDW. The fact that I can get a quick service meal for what a drink costs, I will wait until I get home.

Honestly WDW drinks are very light on alcohol- we bring our own for cocktails on the balcony especially when staying CR theme park view for fireworks 💥

THIS! The fruity mixed drinks are disgustingly light of alcohol and heavy on juice/sugar/mix in. Blech. Why bother paying the $$ for the alcohol in those cases - get the mocktail version.

This is why I am a beer or straight-alcohol drinker. All the flavor, none of the mix in.

Why yes I do have a drink or two on vacation. Though I've never felt the need to walk around with one. But at dinner or a trip to Trader Sam's you betcha. For me it's not just the drink its the experience. Which might explain why I've visited a dozen Tiki Bars since my first visit to Trader Sam's GG in 2018. Watching and interacting with a top notch bartender is very entertaining, and having a well crafted drink is fun.

I'm not into premixed swill, thus Oga's isn't something I'm really excited about and Blue/Green "Milk' with a shot of Bacardi doesn't even tempt me. There are a few places around Epcot I'd like share a drink with my wife, but I find that often Disney uses low end Spirits. What I find the most fun is seeing if a bartender can go off menu and make a really unique drink. I can make some at home but I don't have some of the more unique/diverse ingredients.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter