Does anybody else get Disney 'Abuse'?

One of the Mums at school (who knows we go twice a year) booked to go last July. I was SO excited for her but she told me that it was just a 'ticking a box exercise' and that they were only going for the kids :sad1:

When she got back I asked her how they got on, kids loved it, parents didn't :rolleyes1 Oh well, at least she can tick her box :lmao:

We're all different but it just seemed like such a shame :confused3

I often get the 'what, again?' comments..... couldn't give a monkies as we have the time of our lives :cheer2:

Ali :goodvibes

If you stay at a different hotel then technically you are going somewhere different every time :rotfl:

Absolutely! Our fourth trip next year will be to our fourth different place. We've done a hotel, a private villa, a private condo, and now we're going to a hotel condo so yes, it's different every time. :thumbsup2

I don't think I will ever tire of Disney, people don't understand every holiday is different even if you're going to the same places. You see things differently, maybe visit some new attractions, go with different family/friends, stay in different hotels etc. It's never the same! We've also got talking to many people whilst away, it's just always a new experience.

The thing about Disney for me is almost everything is laid on for you. I don't want to hire a car and it's so easy to get around at Disney. The free dining is excellent, all you really have to do is book your dining reservations and turn up. It's just so easy. The thing we enjoyed most about our last trip in August/September was it was very relaxing because there was nothing we really had to worry about. For me it's also a very safe place, or at least I've always felt safe there. I can't imagine going somewhere that you're literally too scared to leave the complex.

I also think if you like somewhere then why should you be forced to try something else. I'm happy with what I like to do! There's lots of places in the US I'd like to see but I'm a bit worried none of them would compare. I for one can't wait to go back to Disney in April and if anyone I know doesn't like it then that's up to them.

I am lucky my work friends are nuts about disney and we all try and hitch a ride in each others suitcase's lol.

As for family my dad thought disney was for kids and when we went with him for the first time he thought he was going to hate it. Well he has been again and planning on another trip in 2014. We took my in-laws and they wasn't expecting much and they loved it and would go again.

I did have one person at work say to me, oh now your Children have grown up after this trip i suppose you would go somewhere else. Why? I want to go with out the children and experience disney in a different way, go where we want lol.

Also i priced up a holiday to spain all inclusive for 1 week for 4 adults (me, hubby, son (18), daughter (14)) and it was £3600 approx. For £1000 more i am staying at OKW with DDP with tickets, transport for 11 days. I dont have to spend much more at disney but if we went to spain, we would have to pay out for excursions etc. on top. So really over all disney is a better deal.

I'm totally agreeing with everything you are all saying, wish there was a like button! :)

Debs xx

I was just watching a video on something that was completely irrelevant to Disney holidays but had a quote in it that seemed appropriate to this thread

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way":lovestruc

I was just watching a video on something that was completely irrelevant to Disney holidays but had a quote in it that seemed appropriate to this thread

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way":lovestruc

I'll try and make a mental note of that, love it! :lmao:

Debs x

I proposed to my wife in front of Cinderella castle....we took our honeymoon at WDW and yeah, I guess people do find that funny BUT we LOVE that place and go back there every opportunity we have. 12 years later and now our two boys are also obsessed. Tenerife or Orlando next year boys? I'm sure you can guess the excited answer ;-)

I know a couple who took their early teens to Orlando...for a week....and hated it! they didn't even go to WDW. it's like HOW?!?!?!? WHAT?!?!? HUH?!?!

Oh well....different strokes for different folks I guess...

Lol, I think it sounds fab, we thought of getting married at disney at one point, could always use the excuse to renew our vows! :rotfl2:

Debs x

I get 'disney abuse' all the time. Me and DW go every year we are DVC members, I live for it! I have many health problems, am disabled and its the one thing that gets me through the year. We have never been anywhere else where we get that feeling. People say because we go every year, havent been blessed by children we are 'childish', should go somewhere 'different' and cultured like europe. The thing is I never comment negatively on other peoples holidays just say how lovely for them. So why the comments? Why does it bug people so much that me and my partner are so passionate about our beloved 2 weeks at wdw?

In fact next year we are going twice. I brace myself for the comments lol.

Yes I too have a new notebook every year! Spend months planning and doing a 'brochure' for us in publisher with all holiday references adrs etc. such fun!

I think its sad people cant just be pleased for us that we have all found something we love. I know somebody that has a timeshare in spain goes every year and loves it. Good for them! I dont find the need to find that odd. But they said people make comments to them as well.

Many of my work colleagues and even my mum and sister always manage to to make some kind of sarcastic comment when I say how excited I am about going back to WDW. I've now learnt to totally ignore them and just enjoy the "glow" that knowing I'm going back to my happy place brings :cloud9:

Disneynutinlondon said:
Many of my work colleagues and even my mum and sister always manage to to make some kind of sarcastic comment when I say how excited I am about going back to WDW. I've now learnt to totally ignore them and just enjoy the "glow" that knowing I'm going back to my happy place brings :cloud9:

Love it! I get that glow too. Maybe they are envious of our glow!

I work in a pub and always get abuse.Usually the sort of stuff like Arnt you a little old?Why are you going there if you havnt got Kids?Your not going there again are you?Blah blah blah blah!!
I work all year round dealing with drunks majority of the time so its my only escape from reality.I love being able to do things like ride Dumbo or have my picture with Mickey as nobody cares and let's all be honest we all long to be kids again.As I tell them I rather be going to WDW every year than going to a villa in benidorm and yes iv been to other places in America but Orlando is my home from home and I wouldn't rather be anywhere else :)

I haven't experienced this as I've only just been on my first trip but I agree with the previous poster who mentioned Disney working out to be a better deal. Me and my DBF went to Spain in 2010 and paid £650 each for a hotel and flights for 1 week, on top of that we had to pay for excursions, I think it worked out at about £800 each.

We are planning a holiday just us in 2014 and for an extra £250 each we can go to Disney for 10 nights including flights hotel and tickets.

Well worth the extra £250 IMO!

I haven't experienced this as I've only just been on my first trip but I agree with the previous poster who mentioned Disney working out to be a better deal. Me and my DBF went to Spain in 2010 and paid £650 each for a hotel and flights for 1 week, on top of that we had to pay for excursions, I think it worked out at about £800 each.

We are planning a holiday just us in 2014 and for an extra £250 each we can go to Disney for 10 nights including flights hotel and tickets.

Well worth the extra £250 IMO!

Definately! :thumbsup2

Debs x

Grimm Grinning Ghost said:
I work in a pub and always get abuse.Usually the sort of stuff like Arnt you a little old?Why are you going there if you havnt got Kids?Your not going there again are you?Blah blah blah blah!!
I work all year round dealing with drunks majority of the time so its my only escape from reality.I love being able to do things like ride Dumbo or have my picture with Mickey as nobody cares and let's all be honest we all long to be kids again.As I tell them I rather be going to WDW every year than going to a villa in benidorm and yes iv been to other places in America but Orlando is my home from home and I wouldn't rather be anywhere else :)

Couldnt agree more! Well said.

I always get funny looks.
DH and I went to WDW for our honeymoon in 2007, then to DLP 2008, then WDW 2010 the DLP 2012 and WDW 2013, people keep asking me if we are "all Disneyed out yet?" I reply "Never!"
I also get asked why we never go anywhere else. Partly because my DH feels uncomfortable in countries where he doesn't know the language and also because there is never enough to do, we are not beachy or cultural people, Disney has everything we need and enjoy on a holiday in one place, we know what we are getting with it and LOVE it.

ShellyG said:
I always get funny looks.
DH and I went to WDW for our honeymoon in 2007, then to DLP 2008, then WDW 2010 the DLP 2012 and WDW 2013, people keep asking me if we are "all Disneyed out yet?" I reply "Never!"
I also get asked why we never go anywhere else. Partly because my DH feels uncomfortable in countries where he doesn't know the language and also because there is never enough to do, we are not beachy or cultural people, Disney has everything we need and enjoy on a holiday in one place, we know what we are getting with it and LOVE it.

All Disneyed out....what is this strange idea lol. Never!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter