Does anybody else get Disney 'Abuse'?

As we go to Orlando multiple times a year we do get the comments however my work colleagues now all understand and are great. It's the people that don't know us as well that get me :furious:

When DH & I (well was DBf then) went to book our first holiday it was the only place suggested :goodvibes

Since then we have been many times (didn't honeymoon there as at that time we couldn't afford it) and DD was conceived there too.

We love it, DD loves it so what anyone else thinks doesn't matter :thumbsup2

amacspad said:
Oh that's a lovely story, the way I see it you only live once and want to create all those wonderful memories not just for the children but for us too!:)

Debs x

Exactly!! You only live once! And the begrudgers can just get a life, we are entitled to holiday wherever we want! ;) I think I would live at WDW if I was allowed! lol

As we go to Orlando multiple times a year we do get the comments however my work colleagues now all understand and are great. It's the people that don't know us as well that get me :furious:

When DH & I (well was DBf then) went to book our first holiday it was the only place suggested :goodvibes

Since then we have been many times (didn't honeymoon there as at that time we couldn't afford it) and DD was conceived there too.

We love it, DD loves it so what anyone else thinks doesn't matter :thumbsup2

Aww, another Disney baby! My first trip was also with my dh then bf back in 1992, nowhere else compares!

Debs xx

thankfully I now work in a job where all the girls I work with are either WDW addicts themselves or want to go! In my last job I got the 'why are you going there AGAIN?' rubbish. My SIL is a prime example of one that says this as well. She going to a different country each year and sits by the hotel pool for the whole time, which in my mind is the same as going to the same place each year!! Unless people have been to WDW they have no idea what its like and therefore are in no position to judge..I give as good as I get nowadays if somebody questions me in a judgemental way. When I hit 40 I decided not to take any c**p from now on!:rotfl: If I wanted to spend a load of money to go to a different carribean island to an all inclusive resort each year I would. Its personal choice and I would never do that, one sandy beach and palm tree is the same as another unless its at the Grand Floridian Hotel:)

We have had loads of comments over the years also and even when we went to California one year that was us still going back to the same place as it included Disney.

The one that really surprised me though was one of DD10s friends asked her last summer if she wasnt bored going to Disney all the time. I just didnt imagine this thought would even occur to a child especially as they go to the same country every year also.

Have to say all the kids were actually horrified when we suggested maybe visiting other US cities as well as Orlando next year, so all going well we will be in Orlando again next August and certainly not bored!

We have had loads of comments over the years also and even when we went to California one year that was us still going back to the same place as it included Disney.

The one that really surprised me though was one of DD10s friends asked her last summer if she wasnt bored going to Disney all the time. I just didnt imagine this thought would even occur to a child especially as they go to the same country every year also.

Have to say all the kids were actually horrified when we suggested maybe visiting other US cities as well as Orlando next year, so all going well we will be in Orlando again next August and certainly not bored!

Lol, it does sound like most of the people who are so negative haven't actually been, I kno it can be expensive but like others have said, when you weigh up what you can pay for a beach hol it just doesn't compare, we used to go to dlp quite a lot but it has gone so expensive there we would rather pay a bit more and go for 7 nights in Florida! Fingers crossed and hope you can make it for next August! :thumbsup2

Debs xx

Both myself and DBF have friends who say 'AGAIN?!' with a horrified look on their faces when we say we're going back to Florida. I don't see what difference it makes to their lives where we choose to go on holiday. We work hard and save our money so we can go back.

We've both already decided our honeymoon will be at WDW, we just need to pick which hotel!!!

That's brill, you're spoilt for choice with the hotels! Some seem to make you feel like your just big kids for going to disney but for one, its not all about mickey, there is so much to see and do, and second, it's nice to be able to escape from the real world when we can! :wizard:

Debs xx

Definitely!

I know eyes will roll when I say where we are going for our honeymoon but who cares?! :-)

If you stay at a different hotel then technically you are going somewhere different every time :rotfl:

I have had so many horrible comments from people over the years, it just amazed me how my holiday can upset people. Guaranteed these will be the people who spend 2 weeks sitting by a pool drinking and nit even seeing outside the resort. Also surprises me how many people I work with go on holiday without their children and then comment that I must be bored with Florida. If I was bored I wouldn't go. I would never dream of commenting negatively about someone's holiday. I work really hard to be able to give my family a great holiday every year and we also love all the planning involved. We have other holidays too so are very lucky but right now I just can't see when we will ever get bored with Florida.
On a plus side, I have also helped lots of people plan their first Disney trip and they ate always so grateful as we manage to save an awful lot if money compared to the package price.

If you stay at a different hotel then technically you are going somewhere different every time :rotfl:

True :)

However we will be staying at the same resort for the fourth year in a row on our next trip. Because we like it. I have got over the need to try justify my choices by reasoning with the unreasonable :rotfl2:

I also don't feel compelled to offer any explanation to anyone other than those involved in paying for our trips ... which would be me, exclusively, and I fully support my own decisions ::yes::

I also don't feel compelled to offer any explanation to anyone other than those involved in paying for our trips ... which would be me, exclusively, and I fully support my own decisions ::yes::

I just love the way you think :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Just like me :rotfl2::rotfl2:

True :)

However we will be staying at the same resort for the fourth year in a row on our next trip. Because we like it. I have got over the need to try justify my choices by reasoning with the unreasonable :rotfl2:

that's very funny-i hope you have an interesting dialogue amongst yourself! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter