Do you wear makeup to the parks?

Tinkerbell_Girl

DIS Veteran
When I go late next week I wasn't planning on wearing much makeup to the park. I bought Neutrogena Skinclearing Clean Tint to wear in the place of foundation and powder. I was also planning to wear lip gloss too. So what does everyone else wear?

Nicole princess:

I apply foundation only because it is SPF8. I have also used sun lotion for sensitive skin in place of foundation. I think it is more important to use whatever provides protect from the sun. Mother taught me to take care of my skin :angel:

My foundation is SPF 14, so I'll end up wearing that, lip gloss, and mascara (I feel weird without it). It's nothing really compared to what I usually wear, and most of it will come off within a few hours.

very rarely wear anything at home...so very very very rarely wear anything at the parks....

I rarely wear makeup at the parks. The only reason I wear it at work is because I have Roseacea, and without it I get questions about why my face is so red. The last time we went in 2003, I had to wear Dermablend because I went to a club a week before to see a band. Let's just say a 6 foot tall enthusiastic dancer elbowed me in the eye and literally knocked me unconconcious! The Dermablend worked great, but the swelling was still there and you could see the bruising a bit on my eye. DH was so embarrassed because people were looking at him like he was a wife beater. (If I knew how to post pics on here I'd scan a photo of us on Dinosaur. You'd see what I mean.) This year I bought Neutrogena Tan Builder. I've used it three times so far and it seems to be evening out my skin tone very well. I'll probably use that along with a light spray foundation like Sally Hansen and powder. Waterproof mascara is a must for the water rides if you need it. For lips I use Cherry Chapstick. By the way, we leave in FIVE days!

foundation, lip gloss, & mascara
there will be pictures to remember the occasion :cool1:

Too Hot in the summer to wear make up in the parks. We always go in july.

Coming up next week....
I plan to wear no foundation, just powder, plus
mascara and some type of chap stick with SPF.

I wear Bare Minerals foundation, which is similar to a powder. I love it and it's SPF20, so I will be wearing that along with mascara and lip gloss- nothing major.

Yes, I wear make-up, but I agree that it does take a beating in the heat. I figure that it is serving as sun protection in addition to aiding my vanity :rolleyes: One thing I've found that helps is to only apply mascara to the top lashes, then as is sweats, it makes its way to the bottom, rather than the bottom lashes making raccoon eyes. Hmmm, I bet Minnie never has this problem! :teeth:

I don't wear make-up everyday at home, so I don't at the parks either. I'm VERY light complected and burn easily. I use SPF 30 on my face, as well as the rest of me during the day. Wouldn't want to burn on my first day and be miserable the rest of the week.

Of course, we normally head back to the room in the afternoon and shower before heading out for the evening.

Yes, I wear make up every day and the parks are no exception. It is a habit. My mother always taught me to put my best face forward. She reminded me that other people have to look at you and you ought to always try to look your best. Other than that, there's all those pictures! :blush:

Foundation, Powder, Mascara, and Lip Gloss - the usual - I like myself plain looking! :)

I always do my eyes and lips. That is basically what I wear at home and I feel naked without it.

Foundation, lipstick, eyeshadow, etc etc...I pile on the paint to spare the innocent! :p

Jean

" I Pile on the paint..." LOL :rotfl: Good one...

I don't wear make-up or my contact everyday here. Just when I care who sees me...

I don't care if my customers at work don't like my look as I will probably never see them again. (we own a motel)

BUT

At the parks, I wear my contacts and full make-up...I have to look good for all the pics we take and in case I meet a DISer and they report me to the DIS police for flawed skin.... :earseek: :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Now for the real reason. I wear my contact so I can wear my sunglasses, and when I wear my contact, I feel I have to wear make-up because I feel naked without my glasses...Easy solution...Makes me feel pretty too... :rotfl2: ;)

I wear Bare Minerals from Bare Escentuals as well and not much of that! It has a SPF of 15, which is helpful since my skin is very fair. A little mascara, no liner and no shadow because it invariably melts in the Florida sun. Some gloss to protect my lips. I wear a little more in the evenings when we have dinner plans.

Last year was our first trip. The first day I had makeup and my hair done. By the end of the week I had no makeup and flat hair. The heat and humidity made make up disappear and hair go flat after a few hours so I just quit wasting my time doing it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter