Do you think more needs to be done to prevent pitch invaders?

I am today years old when I first heard the term "pitch invaders". I'd say no need to do more as I've never seen anyone rush out on the field as Google is telling me that is what pitch invasion is.

I'll never understand why someone feels the need to do this-just enjoy the game or leave ...literally any other option other than disrupting an entire match for attention

This dude was protesting and they had prevented a compatriot of his from doing it earlier. That said, some are just hooligans or the classic streakers. I dare to guess that in most cases alcohol was involved. 🤣

I'm sure they're banned(either for life or for a certain amount of time). I believe in the UK it's against an actual law. I wonder if it falls underneath some sort of "trespassing" umbrella

Ohhhh, seems like fun and I suppose it could be dangerous but no reason for the security team to be jerks about it in the absence of a clear threat, not cool to tackle fans.

I'm sure they're banned(either for life or for a certain amount of time). I believe in the UK it's against an actual law. I wonder if it falls underneath some sort of "trespassing" umbrella
If we don’t already in North America, we should do the same thing (as in actually write a specific law against it).

Welcome to California - idiot files police report;
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2022/...agner-mnf-rams-49ers-tackle-fan-police-report
Personally I think Wagner was being VERY kind - he pushed him, he did not tackle him. Dude could have really been hurt had Wagner treated him like he would any running back. But, seems not to matter. Expect a lot more of this if this is indeed how it is handled in the eyes of the law.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2022/...agner-mnf-rams-49ers-tackle-fan-police-report
Personally I think Wagner was being VERY kind - he pushed him, he did not tackle him. Dude could have really been hurt had Wagner treated him like he would any running back. But, seems not to matter. Expect a lot more of this if this is indeed how it is handled in the eyes of the law.

Oh, please. That guy deserved it, and yeah, clearly Wagner didn't use his full strength on him. The police should laugh this out of the room!

I'm not too familiar with this, but what I've learned is eye-opening.

I for one feel that people from other planets, coming to our world, are more than welcome to engage in sports-related activities.
Let the pitch invaders play, Buzz!

maxresdefault.jpg
dfa3bd85a3e00505ad48641203725d3a--alien-encounters-space-invaders.jpg

*Reads the actual thread*
Nevermind.

Is there a federal law against it or does it vary from state to state?
It varies state to state but not much.
Some stadiums (Including Levis stadium) have a holding cell in them. Some jurisdictions even have a judge on standby for bail hearings right there. In others the stadium jail is just a holding area until transport to county is arranged. Not sure how Santa Clara county does it. In any case, He could get disorderly conduct, and trespassing charges. If he was drunk he'll get charges for that. More severe charges could come out of the investigation. By the way that was the best defense the Rams played all night. Such things are not usually handled on a national level unless there is terrorism involved or unless the crime crosses state lines or something.

Anyone in any state can file a police report at any time. The law will investigate that police report just like it would any other police report. It doesn't mean the DA will file any formal charges or that the cops will even make an arrest. It's flat out going to go nowhere. In fact I'd bet the cops just laughed their heads off when the guy left. But don't that get in the way of an anti California rant.

Last edited:
It varies state to state but not much.
Some stadiums (Including Levis stadium) have a holding cell in them. Some jurisdictions even have a judge on standby for bail hearings right there. In others the stadium jail is just a holding area until transport to county is arranged. Not sure how Santa Clara county does it. In any case, He could get disorderly conduct, and trespassing charges. If he was drunk he'll get charges for that. More severe charges could come out of the investigation. By the way that was the best defense the Rams played all night. Such things are not usually handled on a national level unless there is terrorism involved or unless the crime crosses state lines or something.

Anyone in any state can file a police report at any time. The law will investigate that police report just like it would any other police report. It doesn't mean the DA will file any formal charges or that the cops will even make an arrest. It's flat out going to go nowhere. In fact I'd bet the cops just laughed their heads off when the guy left. But don't that get in the way of an anti California rant.
Did you not see the picture at the end of the article? These two clowns are proud to have done it and maybe even more proud of the citation they received. They'll be back. I'll keep politics out of this and instead say I'd be surprised if they even end up paying the fine on the citation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter