Do You Sprinkle Any Pixie Dust?

These were great to read! We like to make mousekeeping envelopes and decorate them nice and leave nice tips for our mouse keepers for pixie dust in the hotel. And in the parks, we too, have given out our fast passes.

We also had some random CMs in tomorrowland come out of their store and give my brother a big stuffed Mickey while we were on his wish trip. Wish I had gotten their names but I was on space mountain when it happened.

I love these ideas! I'm going to try to think of something for our trip. Do you think it would be nice for international visitors to have random trinkets from their home country to hand out to people met in queues or on rides (we'll be a group of 3 this time, so think that might happen a bit). E.g. If I ride Dumbo with a total stranger, would it be nice or weird if I gave them a koala keyring or an Aussie pen?

My daughter and I went in the single riders line for Radiators Springs to save time waiting. I ended up in the back seat of a car with a single mom and her young son, maybe 5 or 6 years old. The boy told me all about the ride and what to expect, I think it was his 2nd or 3rd time and he was so excited and had a lot of fun on the ride. When we got off I gave the mom my coupon for a free 5x7 (I received when I booked my trip) so they could get a copy of the ride photo. :-)

I appreciate anything anyone gives me. If you strike up a conversation and offer a koala pin unless they are total beeps, they will be flattered and pleased! I know I would be!

I think if I talked with someone and they gave us a koala keychain, it would be fantastic. My kids would be thrilled.

But there are people that do get weirded out by pixie dust. If you run into one of those types (especially if it's your first attempt), just shrug your shoulders and move on. Don't let it discourage you.

One year Disney was giving out meal vouchers to people on the dining plan that ate in the resorts (I can't remember why). Anyway, we ended up with more meals than we could eat. We tried to give them to a family we met on our last day. They thought we were scamming them. We ended up leaving them with a couple then just gave the rest to someone else that did appreciate them.

I love these ideas! I'm going to try to think of something for our trip. Do you think it would be nice for international visitors to have random trinkets from their home country to hand out to people met in queues or on rides (we'll be a group of 3 this time, so think that might happen a bit). E.g. If I ride Dumbo with a total stranger, would it be nice or weird if I gave them a koala keyring or an Aussie pen?
I think that would be awesome!!!

I think if I talked with someone and they gave us a koala keychain, it would be fantastic. My kids would be thrilled.

But there are people that do get weirded out by pixie dust. If you run into one of those types (especially if it's your first attempt), just shrug your shoulders and move on. Don't let it discourage you.

One year Disney was giving out meal vouchers to people on the dining plan that ate in the resorts (I can't remember why). Anyway, we ended up with more meals than we could eat. We tried to give them to a family we met on our last day. They thought we were scamming them. We ended up leaving them with a couple then just gave the rest to someone else that did appreciate them.
In December of 2011 we had a family give us quite a few unused meal vouchers. The woman said that we were their third attempt and if we had declined they weren't sure what they were going to do with them (they were leaving DCA through the entrance/exit at The Grand. I couldn't believe people had turned them down, but their loss was surely our gain!!! We gave the children in the family Disney Silly Bandz as a thank you.

True, some people are very guarded (can't really blame them) and may get a little weirded out. I think that's just human nature. It's fine; I don't take it personal and just move on to the next person I feel might not be. Our last visit, I had preferred viewing vouchers for the parade to give away. The couple I gave them to looked at me like I was crazy and almost walked away. I just told them "just take them - no catch - have fun!" : D

When my husband and I were there last summer we went on the single rider line for RSR. I was in a car with another family. The little boy you could tell was mentally challenged. The joy during the ride was contagious! Anyway, the little boy desperately wanted to get the picture afterwards and the parents were trying to tell him it wasn't in their budget. I had the Photo Pass Plus and had scanned it in on my card already. I mentioned to the dad if they had an email, I'd email them a copy of it. I don't know if we are supposed to do that but my heart was breaking for this sweet kid. The dad was so excited. He wrote down his email and I sent it to them. He wrote me back and they printed it out and it's on his bedroom wall. I love the fact that not only did I get to sprinkle dust I felt like I got some in return. :) I am looking forward to spreading more dust next summer.

My Pixie Dust story is this. Last year my DH and I stayed at the PPH, and after a small room snafu, they sent up an extra gift basket. It was filled with coffee, chocolate, and other treats and a stuffed Mickey. I had also ordered another gift basket for our room, which had the same stuffed Mickey. Well on our last day there, I was going to try to exchange it for a Minnie. Well that never happened, so it was in my bag when we got on the shuttle to the airport. In the shuttle with us was a young Mom and ber daughter. Dad was at a convention so they joined him to go to DL. I was talking to the little girl, she said her favorite thing was visiting Mickey at his house. So I knew that Mickey was meant for her! The Mom was surprised, and awestruck, she said they didn't have any extra money for souvenirs. I'm just glad I could give that to her. We both cried.

krispin41 said:
My Pixie Dust story is this. Last year my DH and I stayed at the PPH, and after a small room snafu, they sent up an extra gift basket. It was filled with coffee, chocolate, and other treats and a stuffed Mickey. I had also ordered another gift basket for our room, which had the same stuffed Mickey. Well on our last day there, I was going to try to exchange it for a Minnie. Well that never happened, so it was in my bag when we got on the shuttle to the airport. In the shuttle with us was a young Mom and ber daughter. Dad was at a convention so they joined him to go to DL. I was talking to the little girl, she said her favorite thing was visiting Mickey at his house. So I knew that Mickey was meant for her! The Mom was surprised, and awestruck, she said they didn't have any extra money for souvenirs. I'm just glad I could give that to her. We both cried.

Awww! It was meant to be : )

Love this thread.

We give away unused Fast Passes too. I also like to leave spare change on the tops of hand rails (the posts) when we are standing in line. We try and be really sneaky about it so folks don't notice and hope that later some small kids who are at the right height spot it later. That happened once to my kids at another amusement park when they were little and we sort of adopted it ever since.

Love these!

It's fun to do things for other people and make them smile. Once when we were waiting for the Dreams Come True fireworks during the 50th birthday celebration, my daughter and her friend were playing with a toddler (we were actually there for a few hours - new fireworks show). They went to the restroom, and when they came back they had a stuffed animal. The toddler liked it, but the smile on the mom's face was priceless. :)

When my kids were little, I would get them light up necklaces, and then get two extra. I would tell them to find a little boy or girl that looked like they weren't going to get one, and then give one to them.

We would get to Fantasmic early, and so would have front view seats at the Riverbelle Terrace. Many times, right before the show, I would see unsuspecting tourists come by, not realizing that they needed to be there so early. I would invite them to come sit with us. They would be so grateful, and I would get to enjoy "our" show with people from out of town who would have missed it. One time, we had the dessert package, and three of our party couldn't go. I went out to the standing crowd, and asked who was there for the first time. A family of four spoke up, and I told them I had tickets to the dessert package, but only had three. The mom sent the dad and two kids. They were from Seattle and it was their last night. After the show, the CMs let the mom come in and join the family for the fireworks. That was a fun one. :)

I have a friend who carries a little glass slipper, so if she sees someone propose at Disneyland she can present them with the slipper.

I've seen moms with little ones and they can't go on a ride with the kids because there is no extra adult. I have offered to sit with the kids so they can ride. I've done that a couple of times. I don't look scary, so they take me up on the offer.

There's so many easy things to do - open the door for someone with a full tray, move aside and let a stroller go ahead of you, or just offering a smile can make someone's day a bit brighter at the Magic Kingdom.

We've given away pins, fast passes, and plushes. When I see a mom or dad alone with kids, I offer to take a picture of them all together. Most people are so grateful! Once the picture is taken, I let them know about the photopass photographers. Surprisingly many of them have no idea they exist!

When my kids were younger, we'd make little cards - we called them kudos awards. We'd each make cards representing things we admired. Examples: one for kids who helped their mom without being asked, one for excellent behavior in line, one for being brave and trying a new ride, etc. Most kids loved their cards! We loved giving them out! With crowds, long lines, and any number of reasons to be grumpy, handing out cards helped the kids stay focused on what was positive.

We've just returned from a week long stay at DLR. As I stated in my original post, I arrived at DL prepared with a new pin and lanyard to give away. Early in the day, we were at the DL RR depot to make reservations to ride the Lilly Belle. There was a mom and daughter there also; the little girl was wearing a pin lanyard talking to her mom about buying some new pins. I asked the mom if it would be okay to give her the lanyard. That little girl got the biggest smile, sweetly thanked me, and it was a great start to the day. Flash forward 2 days to DCA. We were browsing in Kingswell Camera, and my son was ogling the CM's pin lanyard. He saw a pin he wanted, but he had left his lanyard in the hotel room. As we were telling the CM this, out of nowhere a gentleman tossed him a pin and said, "here you go". How awesome was that - I almost cried. I thanked him, and as we were leaving my son went to him and thanked him again. The pixie dust I had sprinkled 2 days earlier came back around to us : D

Oh how you have my little brain buzzing. I know they have had the glow necklaces and bracelets at the dollar store here...definitely going to have to go check for our trip in October!! And Bubbles...oh how I can see the fun for kids in that. These are easy and within my budget to do...definitely want to be a part of the magic! :woohoo: Thanks for all the ideas.

Diana

Today in Target they had the cutest wands in the dollar bins. They are pink fabric stars on a wand with pink ribbon. I picked one up thinking it would be nice for a little princess. I'm leaving the tags on so the parents will know it's not a used hand-me-down.

We've just returned from a week long stay at DLR. As I stated in my original post, I arrived at DL prepared with a new pin and lanyard to give away. Early in the day, we were at the DL RR depot to make reservations to ride the Lilly Belle. There was a mom and daughter there also; the little girl was wearing a pin lanyard talking to her mom about buying some new pins. I asked the mom if it would be okay to give her the lanyard. That little girl got the biggest smile, sweetly thanked me, and it was a great start to the day. Flash forward 2 days to DCA. We were browsing in Kingswell Camera, and my son was ogling the CM's pin lanyard. He saw a pin he wanted, but he had left his lanyard in the hotel room. As we were telling the CM this, out of nowhere a gentleman tossed him a pin and said, "here you go". How awesome was that - I almost cried. I thanked him, and as we were leaving my son went to him and thanked him again. The pixie dust I had sprinkled 2 days earlier came back around to us : D

I just love this story. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter