Do You Sprinkle Any Pixie Dust?

Mjmdiva said:
I give fastpasses to people if we aren't going to make the time. Last trip we had a fastpass for any ride except the Matterhorn. It was late, my kids were done, i was the only adult this trip so we didn't/couldn't do the big rides. We walked past Space mountain as we were heading out. I saw a group of four people walk towards Space, see the long wait, kind of pause, look disappointed and started to walk away. The kids and i went up to them and gave them the fastpass. They were so happy and excited! Made us feel good, we just told them to pass on the happiness to someone , in some way, some other time.

We did a similar thing. Last August we were on my brothers wish trip and we were on RSR one morning and it broke down right after Luigi's but before the race. We got excited off the ride and we're given FP for RSR. We hung on to them and went to eat at Goofy's kitchen. When we went back to cars land later that afternoon we had the passes we didn't know what we were going to with. We skipped the line with the make a wish pass and got off and began looking for the perfect people to give them away to. I wanted a family to get them. Eventually we found a group of five people for our five fastpasses. It was a grandma, a mom, and her three children. There were sitting on a bench next to Cozy Cones when we asked them if they liked the new cars ride, knowing by the kids demeanor they had not gone on it due to the three hour wait in August. When they told us they weren't going on it due to the long wait, we gave them our makeup fastpasses and the looks on the kids faces said it all. They grabbed their grandmas hand, pulled her up, and they we're basically dragging her onto the ride.Had kind of forgotten it until this post, but one of my better memories in Disneyland. :)

Meriweather said:
DH makes wooden Mickey earrings and gives them to brides......and extra special CMs.
That's awesome. Now I want wooden Mickey earrings, lol.

CluelessDisFan said:
....One of my favorite parts of my last trip was, when a teen age girl asked my 3YO dressed up as Rapunzel for her autograph, it was really adorable, she thought she was a real princess in that moment.
That's awesome, I'm doing this next trip. Might even get a special autograph book for it.

disneydeb64 said:
Reading the fab things all you "pixie-dusters" do is SO wonderful and uplifting! Especially those with the talent and time to craft items at home, then give them away at the parks. Truly awesome :cheer2:
It really is! I am not at all artistically talented, so I'm really impressed.

We give away Disney bracelets (those shaped ones, can't think of what they're called) in long or slow lines (waiting for Pixie Hallow) or to kids who look like they need a little magic. We've also given Disney temporary tattoos, stickers, and buttons. Oh, and my son gave his bubbles to a little girl who was crying because she didn't have any. We are big on bubbles.

One time, DH and I were stuck on POTC for an hour and CM's gave out a one-use open FP for any ride for 4 people. We decided to use it on Splash since it was really hot that afternoon. The line was 90 minutes and FPs ran out earlier that day, and as we were walking to the FP entrance we noticed a couple turning away from the stand-by line. So we invited them to join us and be the 3rd and 4th guests on the voucher!

It turns out they were a young couple on their honeymoon and were in DL for only one day. They didn't have enough time to wait in the stand-by line and joining us gave them an opportunity to ride Splash! We shared the same log and bought them a photo souvenir afterward as a wedding present.

We're nice to CMs, even the grumpy ones, since we both spent some years in customer service. I like to assume the grumpy ones are having a bad day rather than have a bad personality. Maybe I've been married long enough to not take grumpiness personally..... :rotfl:

We do the glo sticks & give all the extras from the tube out. We also pass on unused fast passes. Also shared our bubbles with little ones who were done with waiting! So many great ideas in this thread!

One time, DH and I were stuck on POTC for an hour and CM's gave out a one-use open FP for any ride for 4 people. We decided to use it on Splash since it was really hot that afternoon. The line was 90 minutes and FPs ran out earlier that day, and as we were walking to the FP entrance we noticed a couple turning away from the stand-by line. So we invited them to join us and be the 3rd and 4th guests on the voucher!

It turns out they were a young couple on their honeymoon and were in DL for only one day. They didn't have enough time to wait in the stand-by line and joining us gave them an opportunity to ride Splash! We shared the same log and bought them a photo souvenir afterward as a wedding present.

We're nice to CMs, even the grumpy ones, since we both spent some years in customer service. I like to assume the grumpy ones are having a bad day rather than have a bad personality. Maybe I've been married long enough to not take grumpiness personally..... :rotfl:

This is so awesome! I bet you made their day! :hug:

I'm yet another person who never considered this, but now I'm pondering what sort of Pixie Dust I could bring along for my next trip. It will be for Gay Days in October, so maybe something rainbow themed? Hmm...

I always try to give away the fast passes that I don't use. I usually try to give it to an older couple (seniors) or ones with young kids as opposed to teenagers. I figured the teens would have plenty of time to wait in standby since they'll probably text or instagram the time away.

However if I recall correctly, I think the fast passes say non-transferable. Not sure if that matters too much, but who knows.

Since I always wait an hour before parades or fireworks, I'm in the front, but I always let a little kid stand in front of me.

We were in line at POTC and our kids were playing with glow sticks and there was a little boy in front of us that kept looking at their glow sticks so we gave him one from each kid he was happy and him and DS5 started playing together til we got on the ride..............I hope to keep this in mind and get some fun stuff to hand out on our trip next year

we gave away a couple of premium passes to World of Color which we couldn't use during our last visit. I also observed a teenage boy and girl allow a elderly gentleman wearing a Purple Heart shirt to go ahead of them in line. Each person ahead did the same so he had a very short wait on the ride. it was nice to see respect afforded by all in line, particularly by those two teenagers who would make any parent proud of their simple gesture. This gentleman was clearly touched.

WOW this brought a tear to my eye....it makes me so happy when kids show respect these days because not many do anymore

When we visited on my Birthday last year, we bought 5 balloons to hold while getting pictures with Mickey! When we were done, I gave the ballons to children in Toontown!

I bought a child sizes pink pirate ear hat & handed it to a little girl who was there with her mom. She was wearing a homemade "my dad is my hero" shirt that showed him in full army gear with her on his shoulders.

When our boys are with us we always buy a few balloons and have them pick kids to give them to. It's a fun activity with the kids & they look forward to being on the lookout for a child who fits the parameters we have set to give a balloon to.

We stay at the DLH every visit these days so we have EE everyday. We ride most of the big rides during EE, therefore, I do not stand in long lines anymore:groom:. I will still get fast pass' for the big rides and give them to people in the late afternoon or early evening. Most of the people are truly surprised when I hand them four fast pass' for a ride and simply say to have fun:flower3:.I do the same thing with the reserved seating pass' for Aladin:upsidedow Just a fun way to help spread a little Pixie Dustpixiedust:

I love this thread! The times we have had a pass for 4/5 guests to any attraction (which they give when the ride you are on breaks down) we always pick people from the line to take with us. We also give away the FP we don't use before we leave the park. We have been able to give some Mickey balloons......I get our daughter to pick another child to give a balloon too. It always make both children happy, the one who gets the balloon and our daughter :) And same with pins. We have been able to give out a few collectible pins. This thread has given me ideas for future visits, especially ideas for kids in line! I know how hard it is to keep a 2 -3 year old going during a day with long line ups!

My own experience I will never forget....our daughter was overtired and we were riding the railroad, hoping it might calm her down. The family in front of us on the train had a little girl who had a stuffed Tigger toy. Our daughter was crying so much that the little girl turned around and gave her the Tigger toy to cheer her up. I didn't want to take it but the little girl and her mom insisted and it made all the difference in our crying daughter! She still loves the Tigger to this day and I am still touched by their kindness though I don't know who they are.

What a great thread! I've given out fast passes that we weren't going to use, but I'm getting great ideas for my February trip!

This thread has made my day! So wonderful! We always give away fastpasses that we can't use but now I have some great ideas for our next trip!!!

We just got back from DL two weeks ago. A couple days into our trip a little girl came up and offered my daughter a balloon! We loved that balloon for the next few days of our trip and on our last day we handed it off to another family that was just checking in to the hotel. They told us they would pass on the magic at the end of their trip!

I love this thread.

We are going to pack extra bubbles. See what else I can come up with. I want to be part of the "spread the pixie dust magic" club. ::yes::

I'm part of Tink's helpers by not giving people dirty looks when they push past me in the street. :rotfl2:

I'm part of Tink's helpers by not giving people dirty looks when they push past me in the street. :rotfl2:

I used to tell myself that I was doing a good job because I hadn't made any small children cry. Somewhere along the way, Disney magic became infectious. Now I turn into one of those "Yay! It's Disneyland! Let's all have fun!" as soon as I step through the gates.

It frightens and confuses my friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter