Do You Sprinkle Any Pixie Dust?

I like the idea of kids doing it. Having a non CM adult approach my kid would be too freaky. Unless of course it had been after chatting with them in line or while hanging around somewhere.

We are planning on being at WDW on Valentine's Day. It's our hope to do the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party to watch fireworks that night and though it might be fun to let the kids hand out Valentine Cards and glow necklaces there. Since they wont get to exchange at school. I thought it seemed sweet especially since the glow carts dont go there. You know like a glow necklace with a tag that reads "Happy Valentine's Day hope your day has been magical and bright." Good or weird???? :confused:

We are planning on being at WDW on Valentine's Day. It's our hope to do the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party to watch fireworks that night and though it might be fun to let the kids hand out Valentine Cards and glow necklaces there. Since they wont get to exchange at school. I thought it seemed sweet especially since the glow carts dont go there. You know like a glow necklace with a tag that reads "Happy Valentine's Day hope your day has been magical and bright." Good or weird???? :confused:

I think this is a super cute idea !! We were at wdw this year for valentines day - wish I would have thought of something this great to pass on !!

We went to wdw this year for the week of Mardi Gras , because our schools close for the week. On Fat Tuesday we handed out Mardi gras beads to kids at Magic Kingdom. It was so much fun and we met so many people. I love the idea of handing out glow bracelets , I will make sure and do this next trip. I pick up a canister at our local Micheals store and it contains about 10 bracelets for a $1.00 and my girls always have leftovers. I will have to buy 4 or 5 canisters so the girls can hand them out .

During the year of a million dreams, our family was chosen go be grand marshals in the parade. We rode in a fancy car that had about 20 balloons tied to the back. When we got to the end of the parade they gave us the balloons and the sign with our name on it. We handed the balloons out to kids watching the parade. Very fun!

It came upon this thread while doing research for my trip. I thought it would be cute to sprinkle some pixie dust on my trip so I bought extra glow sticks, bubbles, and new pennies to hand out. So, I'm here and have been handing out glow sticks to kids that were playing with my DD during Wishes, kids of parents willing to help me take a picture and around the pool, and new pennies to people waiting for press pennies.

All I can say is...karma! While my DD and I were waiting for the parade today at Magic Kingdom, two cast members in the plaid approached us and started a conversation with DD and me. Where we were from, what our plans were, our favorite princesses... We told them that we were going to eat at BOG and the guy asked DD if Belle was her favorite. She told him "No, I don't have a favorite." Which kinda threw him off so I jumped in by saying that I love Ariel. After talking for a few more minutes, they said that they'd be right back. I figured whatever.

The guy comes back and starts talking with us again, then the girl comes out and he tells me we got you this...they gave my DD a Belle wand to take to dinner and an Ariel crown for me!!!! I couldn't believe it! Totally shocked...I didn't know that they do this kind of thing. I thought CMs usually sprinkle pixie dust by letting you go to the front of the line or give out fast passes, not anything with monetary value! Needless to say that it MADE our day! Pixie Dust...pass it on!

I am getting some great ideas here for our trip coming up in December. I also thought I would share my story with all of you.

We were at DL in July for my birthday. I had on my "It's My Birthday" shirt all done up in rhinestones, so cute even for an adult. It was late and it was our last night there (my actual birthday day). We went over to check and see what the line looked like at Peter Pan and of course it was long. We turned around to walk back and a CM came up to us and asked us what our favorite ride was in this land. We told him it was Peter Pan but unfortunately the line was too long for us to wait. He said not when he is around it isn't. We then said that we had to go get our boys who were in the single rider line at the Matterhorn. He said he would walk with us. As we were walking he said how about having a romantic ride for just the two of you on the Storybook Canal. So he jumped us in front of everybody and stuck just me and my husband on the boat for a romantic ride. When we were done he was there waiting on us and we met our two boys. He then took all four of us to Peter Pan and we jumped in front of everybody and got on the ride. He wished me a happy birthday and said goodbye. Awesome!!!

We then went to SeaWorld the next day and I took the pixie dust with me. My son won a stuffed animal playing basketball and we gave it to a little boy. We also had purchased the front of the line passes and once our day was done we gave them to a family of four that were visiting from Australia. Their kids were so excited that they didn't have to wait for any of the rides and the parents were excited about the special seating at the shows. It really made our day to do that.

Found some super cute Disney glow wands in the $1 aisle at Walmart today! Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Princesses, and Minnie Mouse. Bought all they had at our store (15). Can't wait to spread some pixie dust, my kids are super excited to spread pixie dust too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!