Do you receive an actual card for park admittance or is everything done via your phone

beachfan

Mouseketeer
I must admit to being totally confused by all the new innovations at WDW. It has been over a decade since I have been there. I have reserved the theme parks for each day I am there with a friend who has an annual pass.I have linked them to my general account and on-site hotel. Should I also have a QR code that would be put onto my phone? How and when do I receive this? I leave in about a month. Thanks again for any help from m a befuddled senior

I’m sorry to say I haven’t bought tickets in awhile (have an AP) so I don’t know the exact steps. But as long as you have bought tickets, and made park reservations, you should be good. In terms of actual ticket, you can obtain a plastic card (size of a credit card) to act as a ticket for tapping into the parks. You can also request one to act as room card, which should have charging privileges, for your on-site hotel. You can get these both from your hotel check in desk.

I have seen people use their phones but there seem to be issues occasionally at the turnstiles when tapping in on their phones. I prefer the plastic cards or MagicBands.

I hope this helped. Hopefully someone else will chime in too.

When we bought the iPhones, I tried using it as my room key/park ticket, but I personally found it not that user friendly (your mileage may vary). I find magic bands the most useful.

A magic band will open your room, get you in the parks, get you onto rides you pay for, pay for shopping and food if you have linked your credit/debit card account on My Disney Experience. Charges for shopping etc. are added to your room. Essentially, the bands are the Swiss Army knives of your Disney trip.

As I believe you have My Disney Experience (?) you can easily link whatever band you buy to your account. Cast Members at the resorts used to have bands they’d give one for free (they were utilitarian gray) but I don’t know if they do that any more.

We’ll be going in 2 days, and I (again, my personal quirk) am not going to bother using my phone other than for the MDE app.

I must admit to being totally confused by all the new innovations at WDW. It has been over a decade since I have been there. I have reserved the theme parks for each day I am there with a friend who has an annual pass.I have linked them to my general account and on-site hotel. Should I also have a QR code that would be put onto my phone? How and when do I receive this? I leave in about a month. Thanks again for any help from m a befuddled senior
My advice is to buy a Magic Band. Do not use your phone.

I have gone to the Front Desk and gotten an old-fashioned card - as SleeplessinTO mentioned - that can be used for park admission and to get into your room.

Last edited:

you should be able to see your tickets in the "tickets and pass" section on the MDE app. You can also (if I remember well) transfer the ticket on your wallet in the iphone. If you have an Iwatch you can use it to scan like a magic band.
But I agree with everyone, it's so much easier to buy have a magic band (if you stay in a Disney resort). If you don't, then probably the phone will be good enough.

I have seen people use their phones but there seem to be issues occasionally at the turnstiles when tapping in on their phones.

My advice is to buy a Magic Band. Do not use your phone.
This! /\

I noticed this happening a lot in our past two trips. It holds up the line like crazy and I've seen CM's give the plastic cards to help them out a few times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter