Do you really go to Disney every year or every other year?

We've made (or have planned) one trip for each "year's" points.
August '99 (before DVC)
Sept. '00 (1st DVC)
May. '01
Oct. '02 reserved
Sept. '03 planned

Since we bought into DVC we go at least twice a year, and are thinking of going three times this year. Now that the kids are older, we can go more often for long weekends.

We always go in August, and usually in November. This year we will go in August to BCV, November to BWV, and April 2003 to BWV for Easter! We would go more often if we could, but we're both teachers and our vacation time is in the summer:)

We go to WDW 3-4 times per year. I would go every month if I could but a little thing called a job gets in the way. My friends and family just simply ask when is your next WDW trip, they are never surprised when I give them the dates because they know I always have at least 1 or 2 trips planned at a time. I am happier and more relaxed at WDW then any other place I have ever traveled to. Before I purchased DVC, we went to WDW once a year but now I gladly go 3-4 times a year, gotta make good use of those DVC points and APs, you know! :D

Since we bought last year, we have DVC'd twice. This use year, we will be going to WDW three times on an AP--June VWL, January BCV, June BCV or OKW. All stays will be about 6-7 days. We also will be spending TG at HH in a GV. For the WDW trips we will sometimes stay at a resort (usually ASM, sometimes Poly depending on $$) for Fri and Sat then Sun-Thurs at DVC. Sometimes we drive, and sometimes we take family along (who help offset some of the expenses), and they get to enjoy WDW at a reduced cost. To save money, we eat most meals in the room. I would rather travel more and eat out less. After this round of WDW trips, we will probably give the parks a rest for a year and do HH and a cruise in 2003. I would go to WDW every year, but I find the park passes cost prohibitive. Without a better park pass discount -HINT HINT, we plan on staying at DVC and going to the more affordable Orlando attractions. I really like the DVC off-sites as a more affordable vacation. We will be making use of them, especially HH since we own there. I know owning DVC will allow us to vacation more than we ever would with out it.

We have been OKW owners since 96' we go at least 1-2 times a year. IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST INVESTMENTS WE EVER MADE. We have no children but always bring some family members with us! My whole family have become Disney Addicts....( they used to tease us about it) but not any more. We go to the parks but we really do enjoy relaxing and swimming by the pool and the other activities like Disney Quest etc. I love to meet people from ALL different parts of the world. We have been going to Disney and staying at their resorts since our honeymoon 16 years ago. It is sometimes our saving grace... since we live in an area that has very long cold winters. You have to go with the flow. We go every September (not as many people) and try to go in May. We try to buy additional points whenever possible. Hope to move in the area someday - maybe Celebration. Would like to do the Cruise soon.
Our next trip is in 29 days. CAN'T WAIT!!
ENJOY!!!
:cool:

7susan7,

Welcome to the DIS;) , we know what you mean about the "winters". We love DVC also.:D

We go 3 or 4 times a year. If my DH could get any more vacation time, we'd easily be there 5 or 6 times!

Looks like we're fitting into the twice a year catagory; we made the "oops" trip and didn't buy in at the last minute.....paid for that one dearly. Made reservations today for a three night stay, no kids, for our anniversary in May 6,7,8....couldn't pass up the friends fly free deal with Southwest.

Probably will just relax and enjoy the pools this time. Soooo glad we did this .

We bought in 2000 at BWV and we only have 150 pts. With that we have brought my family for a trip in Jan. (sis-in-law, brother, his two kids and granny plus my own family) to OKW, then off to Hilton Head. That March, we went again to BWV just my family, the following year we went in March to BWV and then two nights at WLV. I just booked two days at DLP and five days in MArch for a two bedroom at BWV so thatmy daughters can bring friends. None of this would have been possible without DVC. Yes I am a compulsive planner and I do not think I could have done all this without comparing points and times of the year to go etc. But I am a teacher and I have to work around Xmas and a March break. (If I didn't have those constraints- who knows how many other trips I could squeeze in:D )

I have a stressful job- teaching unmotivated teenagers with a high incidence of teen pregnancy, social services, arrests, etc- Do not get me wrong- I love my job and my students- but I look forward to my March break when I can go to the happiest place on earth and relax and come home refreshed and renewed. That is one of the best parts of a Disney vacation is coming home renewed. It forces us to take a vacattion! Living in Canada, another advantage to going in March is getting away from winter and when we come home spring is almost here.

I love my DVC!!!!!!!!!

Louise

We also fit into the twice a year club!! I go in the fall with my dd and grand children, and in the spring with dh! It's terrific, 2 totally different trips, as dh is really not a park lover, but then I get to go later with 2 little kids, and behave like one myself!! Only 27 more days till VWL!!!!!!

We've been going every year since we joined. This year we are going to HHI instead and may start doing that in the odd years. Most of my intent in joining was to make sure we took a vacation. I also think that we may try trading out to II.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter