Do you pool hop?

How often do you pool hop?

• Almost every trip

• Sometimes

• Seldom

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wow, now I've got to think about what pools even existed back in 2003.

We pool hop every single trip. I love it! I love the different resorts, shops, etc...

We enjoy pool hopping. We try to get to a new pool every trip but we have had some exceptionally cold weather during some recent trips.

That definitely puts a damper on it. :)

Wow - dug up an old thread here ;) LOL

Always nice to have a zombie thread that is still relevant!

We find it fun to pool hop when actually on vacation at WDW but haven't seen any pool hop options when visiting Vero, Aulani or Grand Cal!

Aulani would be difficult, that's for sure. :) Not allowed at DLR, but I have read that you can actually hop to a WDW pool when at Vero...it's just a long drive.

Our most hopped-to pool is the scary-clown pool (I'm totally clown phobic in every other way, but to my great surprise I love that pool!), but it will be closed during our upcoming trip. :( Staying first at Kidani, so why hop then, then going to SSR where there are scads of pools (I was reminded of that in a different thread) and then WL where we've never swam, so even if it weren't hitting President's week when hopping isn't allowed, why would we want to hop on this trip? :3dglasses We'll hop on future trips, though. We like it! (though we also always have a car, which makes it easier)

I've always thought this was a wasted and overrated perk. Why would I (speaking for my family, of course) waste my time on-property going to different pools and all the hassles that involves, when there is so much to do at the resort I'm at and at the parks? It has always seemed like a time waste to me and it always will.

We've obviously never used it and we probably never will.

I've always thought this was a wasted and overrated perk. Why would I (speaking for my family, of course) waste my time on-property going to different pools and all the hassles that involves, when there is so much to do at the resort I'm at and at the parks? It has always seemed like a time waste to me and it always will.

We've obviously never used it and we probably never will.
Understood. FWIW, we seldom visit the parks on our visits ... pool hopping has been a great way to spend our 'downtime' day(s) following a busy business conference.

I only pool hop when I have family staying at a different resort.

We used to pool hop from BWV to SAB when it was allowed. Going from BWV to SAB was very easy via the Friendship boats. The only other resort I have pool hopped from is OKW.

Now OKW seems to be a place many want to pool hop TO with the castle slide. I don't pool hop to or from anywhere. I prefer the quiet pools anyway.

We have started pool hopping now that the boys are a bit older. We really love the pool and gated play area at CBR. So for us, that's our pool hop of choice.

Not regularly.

Pool hopped to the Poly once when our DVC friends were staying there while we were staying BCV. All the kids had a great time. We would do that again.

Pool hopped to CBR once, while staying at BCV. BIG MISTAKE! NEVER AGAIN! :crazy2:

Not regularly.

Pool hopped to the Poly once when our DVC friends were staying there while we were staying BCV. All the kids had a great time. We would do that again.

Pool hopped to CBR once, while staying at BCV. BIG MISTAKE! NEVER AGAIN! :crazy2:

That would be US!! :wave2: Hi Laurie!!! :beach:

Not regularly.

We have as well-but in the summer when at MK-its a nice break and we wear swimwear anyway in that heat. Otherwise we have done less and less, esp since we are at BCV/SAB the majority of our nights.

Since they've implemented the *really loud* amplifed pool games at the main pools, I've hopped to VWL and OKW Quiet pools from AKL which HAS no quiet pool.

We're hoppers!

If we're at OKW, we might pop over to SSR, same if we're at SSR, we'll head over to OKW too.

We pack swim stuff and go back to CBR, our favorite before becoming members.

Also, we have multiple families in our extended family being members, so occasionally, we're not all at the same resort, so hopping is a fantastic perk for us.

:goodvibes

We'll hop on future trips, though. We like it! (though we also always have a car, which makes it easier)

Having a car is key. We love having the car to do the hopping. I wouldn't be as likely to leave OKW for SSR by Disney transportation just to pool hop. With my minivan, we're there in 5 mins. It's great!:goodvibes

No, we haven't. I thought about it once but having to drag our things to another resort and then dragging them back after being in sun for hours just didn't seem worth it. Each of the resorts we've stayed at have nice pools.

No, we haven't. I thought about it once but having to drag our things to another resort and then dragging them back after being in sun for hours just didn't seem worth it. Each of the resorts we've stayed at have nice pools.

I agree. Too much hassle when all resorts have good pools. If we want a fancy pool we go to BB or TL.

When I first answered this my kids were small and we found it to be too much of a hassle to pool hop. Now that they are older we have done it more :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter