WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
In today's featured article on the DIS, contributor Zoë Wood tells her family's story of how they plan their dining reservations when visiting Walt Disney World.

They travel all the way from Australia so it's really important to them that they get to experience their favorite dining locations when they're visiting.

Back in the day when we traveled from Seattle, we liked to do our favorites during the first part of our vacation, but we'd sprinkle them throughout the trip sometimes, too.

Read her article and let us know what your family does!

Do You Plan Your Favorite Dining Experience First or Last?

We don't have must dos, we like to try different places and try not to repeat. Of course, there are old favorites like HBD (now days the lounge) or Nomad's Lounge in AK which we do just about every trip but it's o.k. if we skip them. I'm a non-planner so we don't make ADRs in advance (oh the horror). If we want a TS meal we just hop on MDE at some point during the day and find what's available for that night and go from there. We have found some good places and some not so good places that way. I've never had a problem finding somewhere to eat by looking day of.

Given the difficulty of getting ADRs in the last 2 years, we've pushed some of our favorites later in the trip. Not necessarily out of a desire, but of necessity due to some of the more popular restaurants being unavailable earlier in our stays.

We try to use our dining experiences as a break from the heat and walking around. So they're sprinkled in on our days in various parks.

Honestly it's whenever they fit into our schedule, which is usually which park we'll be at that day. I think we'd lean more special things at the end of the trip though.

I think as we've been more times, it's changed. Especially now as we usually hit up the food and wine expo we go to less reservations.

However, we've tried now for 2 trips without getting an ADR for Space 220 so we're going to try to the walk up this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter