Do you match your outit with the park?

It just depends. Usually I just do an appropriate Disney shirt (Figment shirt for EPCOT, etc) but for Star Wars Weekend I will wear my R2D2 skirt.

I dressed the kids for each park...dd wore a Gymboree red and white dotted shirt, with a yellow bow for mk. A blue dress with silver sequin circles for Epcot. A Japanese style dress for other Epcot day, hippo shirt for ak, etc. I had fun putting the together even if other people don't notice, I know they are coordinated and cute. Our son was 15 months, I mostly made sure he didn't clash with his sister and had animal shirt in ak. Fr our first day, at mk, dh and I wore black, dd wore her red and white outfit with denim shorts, ds wore shortalls, a red polo and I glued a black felt Mickey Mouse ot the front. Made a cute picture! I think I wore a short with birds at ak, but that's it for the adults. One fo the best tips I found useful, especially if you have certain outfits for park days? Pack each outfit in a fallow ziploc bag, labeled for which day/park. It was so nice at 6 am to just toss my husband a bag and know the kids were all set! Include underwear, socks, hair things in the bag too!

I'm actually surprised that more people don't! :goodvibes I ALWAYS coordinate the kids' clothes to the parks we're in. DH and I just usually have a Disney shirt for each day. And this year we all had coordinating Disney shirts for our MK day. (Same shirt, just different colors.) The picture in front of the castle looks so nice and there was very little grumbling from DH about it. :rotfl2:

As others have said, I don't do it for me, but I will put DD, 2, almost 3, in an animal print dress for AK or a Toy Story shirt for DHS.

I try to match if I can.

Epcot - ussualy just a plain Mickey shirt.
AK - Mickey and Minnie in animal print
MK - A shirt with a princess on it.
HS - My I <3 woody shirt. ( but this year a star wars shirt)

What do you mean? i thought everyone match their outfit to a park!!!

For my first trip ever, I've been making my park outfits. Most of them are shorts and DIY T-shirt. I plan mostly what I'll be doing and who I plan to meet. For example, if I know I'll run into Belle (yellow), Aurora (pink even though she wore blue in the movie), and Peter Pan (green) at MK, I'd avoid wearing those colors for that park.

I'd try to wear a complimentary color or something that would reference the movie. My DIY Cinderella shirt is a pink T-shirt with a white bow in the front and teal beads around the neckline (reference to Cinderella's original dress, also would compliment Cindy's blue dress nicely, but not Aurora's dress). My Ariel shirt is light green with seashell necklace. Pikachu shirt for Epcot. Have been wanting to make a Padme dress for SWW but if I might just go with another DIY T.

I don't match them according to characters, but I do have specific shirts for each park. I always wear a Dream Builders shirt at least one day in MK (it's great Fantasyland camouflage), and I always have to wear the exact same shirt every first time we go to HS.

Story behind that is I've always had some "WDW-exclusive" clothes that I only bust out for trips. Just a general set, nothing park-specific. About 4 years ago, however, we went through all our old ride pictures from all the years... and noticed I've somehow ended up wearing the same shirt on ToT. Every. Single. Time. For years. Craziest thing we'd ever seen. So now it's my fun little ritual! Simple things like that can be so much fun!

I don't. DH has a favorite Mickey t-shirt that he likes to wear on our MK days. I used to coordinate DS's outfits when he was younger, but that hasn't happened for many years.

I try if I have a t-shirt that works. My park outfit is a t-shirt and jeans or shorts with Converse. I wore Little Mermaid Jr to MK, Lion King to AK, and The Avengers to IOA.

Oh I totally do!

For example, I recently wore:

Red Mickey T-Shirt at Epcot (since we were getting pics taken with him)
White Snow White t-shirt at MK

What I Need though is a cute Princess Jasmine t-shirt to wear next time I'm in MK or at Epcot meeting her.

I match my kids to eachother, I have 3 DS 8 DD 6 DD 3.

While they don't match, they do coordinate.

I like my pictures to look nice and if they are all wearing for example orange, I always know what color to look for when I am looking for them...

I tend to put them in colors, as they are easier to find that way...

I'm a guy. I don't wear outfits.

Sorry - I haven't read this thread (and it drives me nuts when people say that;)) -so I have no idea where this thread has ended up. ..But seriously.

This is one of the best things I have read here in a long time.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I really don't wear/own anything character related, but I am sewing my youngest DD outfits to match each park

Absolutely!! Have been doing this for years.

DH & I wear whatever. I have a few Disney shirts that I wear on the trip. But, I do coordinate the kids outfits to each other and/or each other.

Some shirts we make -- like tie dye Mickey heads, then all 3 kids would wear their tie dye shirts on the same day. Or 3 different spiral bleach Mickey's all worn on the same day, or 3 different stencil/splatter Mickey shirts on the same day....

Or, if we have character shirts, I think about which park we might see that character...and animal print/safari themed clothes for Animal Kingdom.

They are getting older now, though, so I think I might do the some Disney Bounding outfits with my girls, who will be 13 & 15 or older on our next trip...

I think it works out nicely for photos :)

YES!!!! I love to pick outfits that coordinate. My DD4 loves it and my husband is a great sport!

Our first day at Magic Kingdom:
imagerhz.jpg

Night at Magic Kingdom:
http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/832/imageidxs.jpg/

Animal Kingdom (kinda hard to tell bc of the ponchos):
http://imageshack.us/a/img96/3918/imageiywyr.jpg

Hollywood Studios:
http://imageshack.us/a/img560/6027/imageomw.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img35/2930/imageuhm.jpg

Epcot:
http://imageshack.us/a/img194/3646/imagevvj.jpg

Dinner at Whispering Canyon:
http://imageshack.us/a/img515/7889/imagetzt.jpg

Sorry for the picture overload. :) I've already started coordinating our outfits for our 10/13 trip!!!

I make outfits for my daughter for our trips. I do applique and embroidery and I love making Disney outfits for her more than anything else!

For our trip this June, I did:

Pink and white polka dot shorts paired with a white t-shirt appliqued with a minnie mouse head with matching polka dot bow - for one of our days at MK

A hot pink shirt with minnie mouse head applique made with zebra fabric and a pair of zebra stripe shorts - for AK

A Sully and Mike embroidered t-shirt for DHS

A pillowcase dress made out of Ariel fabric for another day at MK.

I'm still trying to come up with a couple of more things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter