Do you match your outit with the park?

DH and I accidentally matched Mickey shirts that i had found on clearance at the Disney store for $3 each. We took a pic with sorcerer Mickey in DHS that day and it became our favorite pic!!

Nope. There's not enough free time in the day to devote my efforts to coordinating clothing. I barely have enough time and mental energy to make choices about travel dates, picking a resort, ADRs, deciding which parks on which days, packing weather-appropriate clothing, etc., etc., etc. The basics are more than plenty for me!!! Planning for WDW could be a full-time job, and I have enough jobs as it is. :)

Not every outfit every day, but I do have a few outfits that are planned...

I have a shirt that is an Incredibles logo. I wear if on a HWS day and when I take pics with the Incredibles they always give a good response. Those are some of our funniest pics.

I have a Captain EO shirt that I wear on an Epcot day.

I am guilty! My kids are young enough that they still let me dress them. :cool1: I pack matching clothes for them and sometimes match them to the parks. Then I throw in matching colored shirts for DH and I so that we are all wearing the same color. I know.......I know........but it is SO MUCH FUN!! :rotfl2:

For example, hs characters the day you go there, animal theme at ak?

No!

Because of Kali River Rapids, I am careful not to wear white (shorts or blouse) on the days I go to AK. I've seen too many people's thongs and lacy bras when they get off that ride.:rotfl: I also don't wear denim at AK (too hot and takes to long to dry).

If going to Universal, I will make sure I'm wearing cargo shorts, just so I don't have to use the lockers. But otherwise, no I don't coordinate my clothes to the parks I'm going to that day.

yes I do and it is fun! :)

I make outfits and iron on tee's for my 2 dgds that are themed to the park and/or dining. The adults usually wear disney themed tees. we also coordinate colors for a couple of special photos. The photos come out great and the dgds get lots of compliments in the parks which adds to their experience.

I also pack each of their outfits and hairbows in a ziplock bag with the day of the week written on it (based on the park we are visiting) so they know what they are wearing each day. It makes the mornings very easy to get up and out to the parks.

I'm sure as the dgd's get older it may change but as long as they enjoy it I will continue to do it!

No, in fact I rarely if ever even wear WDW clothing while in Disney.

I'm not a fan of theme dressing. I do own disney clothing and I wear it but I do not pack my bag with the idea of I'm going to disney and must wear disney clothes while there, I may have one tshirt in rotation but I don't plan ahead when to wear it.

My new lightweight jacket is WDW branded and it's my favorite go to jacket so it might get worn in Disney.

I have a spreadsheet of our clothing. nuff said.:rotfl2:

In all seriousness, I do have a family of 10 that I need to plan and pack for, so it sort of warrants one, just so I can keep track of what we have, what we need etc.

I do love to dress the family in matching/coordinating outfits depending on the parks or ADRs. I make most of our clothing with the help of my husband.

Really, my family coordinating started years ago when we would go out as a group for 2 reasons. One, I found it so much easier to spot my kid/husband in a crowd, making for a much less panicky mom who counts heads every 5 minutes anyway. Two, we (obviously) have a large family, so its important to me that everyone looks nice ( as well as be on their best behavior) since the Judy McJudgys are always watching. lol

We try to compliment each others outfit. At AK, we put the kids in different Lion King shirts and my dw and I wore shirts that had an outback feel. For HS we picked a movie for the kids. Last year the kids both wore something from the muppets. I wore a super hero shirt and my dw wore a shirt that read "I only kiss super heroes". For meals we do the same. We never match exactly though. I think it sets the mood for the day or the meal.

No!

Because of Kali River Rapids, I am careful not to wear white (shorts or blouse) on the days I go to AK. I've seen too many people's thongs and lacy bras when they get off that ride.:rotfl: I also don't wear denim at AK (too hot and takes to long to dry).

If going to Universal, I will make sure I'm wearing cargo shorts, just so I don't have to use the lockers. But otherwise, no I don't coordinate my clothes to the parks I'm going to that day.

;) This is almost the same as my post! :)

I love trying to match the parks, especially with the kids. Sometime my husband and I do, but usually we just wear Disney shirts. They were something animal-themed or animal print to Animal Kingdom. MK my daughter wears Cinderella and my son wears Jake. It is a lot of fun and great pictures!!!

I never went overboard but I will say that I dressed my son in earth tones when we went to AK (when he was 4 and 5) and the pictures I got of him with safari minnie and mickey are adorable. Otherwise, he wore mostly character t-shirts.

Yes, when my kids wear character shirts or in the case of DD6 a princess dress, I try to coordinate that with who they will see. But not every day. One of the funniest interactions with a character was Captain Hook when my DD6 and DS4 were wearing Izzie and Jake shirts. That ended up being a cute picture too with Captain Hook's expression/body language.

Yes, when my kids wear character shirts or in the case of DD6 a princess dress, I try to coordinate that with who they will see. But not every day. One of the funniest interactions with a character was Captain Hook when my DD6 and DS4 were wearing Izzie and Jake shirts. That ended up being a cute picture too with Captain Hook's expression/body language.

Just curious... Where did you meet Captain Hook?! We looked everywhere for him last year!

I do a little coordination with my sons outfits for the park. We did Mickey for MK and CM. Donald for AK and Tuskar House. Buzz and Woody for HS. And Pooh the afternoon we went to CP. characters like pooh and Donald really get excited over the shirts since you don't see them on clothes as often. I do personalized appliqué shirts for him, so I can really make them specifically for the trip.

I thought everybody did this;)

I do, but the rest of my family does not. Or I should say they don't realize they do:lmao: Maybe not everyday, but certain days require a certain something, especially when I purchased photopass and needed the photos just right:goodvibes

Just curious... Where did you meet Captain Hook?! We looked everywhere for him last year!

I do a little coordination with my sons outfits for the park. We did Mickey for MK and CM. Donald for AK and Tuskar House. Buzz and Woody for HS. And Pooh the afternoon we went to CP. characters like pooh and Donald really get excited over the shirts since you don't see them on clothes as often. I do personalized appliqué shirts for him, so I can really make them specifically for the trip.

Not the poster you asked but,

Captain Hook, Smee and Peter Pan are all M&G on the Pirate and Pals Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter