Do you make good homemade pizza?

My son makes the best pizza, He learned at work but better then that he makes a pizza on my grill in the summer to die for. he worked 4 yrs in a rsturant and at times made the pizza for take out and people raved about it. That's my boy:D :D

Wait, I would disagree?;)

I make pizza crust on the bread machine, its usually pretty thick.

I don't have a stone, but would like one... I've heard they turn out quite nice that way.

I've haven't attempted a pizza in the new house.. I'm still getting the hang of the wall oven..

yes, actually lol

I have a great bread machine recipe if you want it. :) then we use the pizza stone too.

In fact were havoing friends over tomorrow and Im making it for them. They always rave about it lol

I watched that special too. Pretty amazing eh?

I make pretty good homemeade pizza. A few years back I bought a pizza stone from Williams & Sonoma and it has made the pizza crust much more crispy and authentic ;)

RUDisney, when you say brick cheese, are you using a cheddar or some other kind of brick cheese?:)
It's not cheddar. It is called brick cheese, like meunster is menuster and swiss is swiss. Brick is a type of cheese, it's not called that just because it's shaped like a brick. I find mine in a restaurant supply store. The sell it shredded or not shredded.

Oh, I'm not sure if I've ever seen it. I think I was thinking block instead of brick (today is Monday, I think:o ). I'll try to see if I can find some.:)

They sure make it look easy huh Shannon? I don't make good homemade pizza, but I make good homemade chicken & noodles!

Originally posted by dianeschlicht
. . . . . and I think we might try his white pizza this week. I looked yummy!

I love white pizza! I've never tried it because I thought it would come out too greasy w/o a recipe. Do you have his? I'd love to try it.

Deb

I make my homemade pizza with pesto sauce instead of tomato sauce. The original receipe called for grilled chicken, but we just do a cheese one. I get the raw dough from the grocery store & some pre-shredded pizza cheese. For the pesto sauce, I use the Knorr mix. Pesto sauce is alot runnier than tomato sauce so you have to be careful it doesn't spill over.

I cheat and use the Boboli (sp?) pizza crust. They have a thin crust version now.

I always make bbq chicken and smoked gouda pizza - it's wonderful! (I didn't make it up, so I can brag about it! :) )

Tamie

If any of you have a Trader Joe's near you, they have an excellent pizza dough in the cold case ready to go. You let it sit out to warm for about 20 minutes, stretch it out on a sheet or pizza stone and bake for 8-10 minutes. It's awesome!!!

OK! OK! Now I am going to have to go get a pizza stone and a bread machine to see if I can come up with a combination that my family likes. :)

I know that it might be easier than deciding on which pizza place to order from. :rolleyes:

I used to work in a deli. What we did was sprinkle some oregano over the top of the pizza. Made all the difference in the world.
I also make my dough( whole wheat too!) in the bread machine. a really easy recipe and very good. If anyone wants a recipe I will post it.

MY RECIPE FOR A (2 POUND MACHINE) PIZZA CRUST

3/4 t Salt
1 3/8 C Water
3T olive oil
4C flour
2t active dry yeast

all at room temperature, add to machine, set on dough setting. Mine takes 1 hour 30 min

preheat oven to 400 degrees pat dough down (roll out) put on Pizza stone brush with olive oil, sprinkle with Italian seasonings.
Cook for 15 minutes then add toppings and finish cooking another 10-20 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is nicely browned. The pre-cooking is key Ive found.

Good luck!

I'll let you know tonight! Reading all these has made me decide I want pizza for dinner :)

I am using Jay's Signature Pizza Crust recipe from allrecipes.com and my own sauce and toppings... we shall see. My mom makes a wonderful pizza....

Are most of your crusts pretty thick?

I would love to find a recipe for a really thin flaky crust. Any one?

tamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter