Do you like Ken Jennings hosting Jeopardy?

LeVar Burton is a talented actor and host. Alex was iconic, but he's gone. Who knows who they will select as permanent host?
Whoever it is, I think we all will remember Alex.
Alex is iconic because he was very neutral...much in the same manner as Walter Conkrite until the vietnam war....folks want neutral viewing....in my circle here on the Sun Belt....65 and older...folks who I use to share quips with about jeopardy and how we did, no longer watch...they are basically put off the hosts and indeed as you grow older it is hard to have your brain function and recall any response, let alone the correct answer, as in last night. I could not recall Cecil but went with milo...knowing what the two movies titles. I even know the Olivia De Haviland trivia answer, but could not recall Cecil..I stuttered with my wife all the answers around Cecil but cluld not recall...here Jeopardy is on at 3:30 and aimed at the massive retirement community.
the show could be looking for a younger audience and Lavar fits that iconic mode and has been in our culture for a very long time beyond the jeopardy culture

Anderson Cooper is okay for me, but wouldn't want him long term. The thing with him that I'm really not a fan of is how there is a fairly long pause between the contestant answering and him saying correct. I noticed it somewhat with Aaron Rodgers, too. Maybe they are waiting for some kind of signal to confirm? It breaks the pace of the game to me. Didn't notice it with Ken or Mike Richards, either of whom would be my preference for the permanent host out of the ones we've seen so far.

Anderson Cooper is okay for me, but wouldn't want him long term. The thing with him that I'm really not a fan of is how there is a fairly long pause between the contestant answering and him saying correct. I noticed it somewhat with Aaron Rodgers, too. Maybe they are waiting for some kind of signal to confirm? It breaks the pace of the game to me. Didn't notice it with Ken or Mike Richards, either of whom would be my preference for the permanent host out of the ones we've seen so far.
The pause is most likely them checking with the judges on a borderline pronunciation or slightly "off" answer. Even Alex would do it once in a while, but not too often. Ken and Mike would know the judges' standards better than pretty much anyone (heck, Mike Richards might've been involved in setting those standards), so they'd probably only need to do it as often as Alex used to. Other hosts might need the practice, but in time it should drop off.

so is Cooper’s, and he doesn’t talk to us like we are 3
I'd expect Burton's Jeopardy voice to sound much like Geordi LaForge than Reading Rainbow. He's a talented guy with a bit more breadth to his career than that one show.

The pause is most likely them checking with the judges on a borderline pronunciation or slightly "off" answer. Even Alex would do it once in a while, but not too often. Ken and Mike would know the judges' standards better than pretty much anyone (heck, Mike Richards might've been involved in setting those standards), so they'd probably only need to do it as often as Alex used to. Other hosts might need the practice, but in time it should drop off.

I'd expect Burton's Jeopardy voice to sound much like Geordi LaForge than Reading Rainbow. He's a talented guy with a bit more breadth to his career than that one show.

Trust me, it wasn’t Roots or Star Trek fans trying to get him on the show.

I'm enjoying Jeopardy again, I'd stopped watching because I didn't like how Alex reacted to contestants that gave the wrong answers. I thought he could be very condescending, I will never understand why he kept doing it after his cancer diagnosis, how much better it would have been for him to retire. I think his ego wouldn't let him give it to anybody else. I also wonder if it is wise to have someone doing a game show for 30 years, I like Wheel of Fortune but can't stand Pat Sajak so I just don't watch. I watched Alex's last show and he just looked and sounded awful, felt bad for all the people who worked on Jeopardy. I am sure they will do a lot of testing before they name a new host, I did a screening/testing when they were looking for a new host for the Price is Right, we did not like the guy, he was a soap opera actor and he did not get the job.

What do people think of the new guest host this week, Bill Whitaker?

He seems to have a rather lackluster personality to me, so far. I think he's been doing the news for too long. They tend to have to be very straightlaced when delivering the news. Maybe Bill will loosen up some, and we will see more personality.

What do people think of the new guest host this week, Bill Whitaker?

He seems to have a rather lackluster personality to me, so far. I think he's been doing the news for too long. They tend to have to be very straightlaced when delivering the news. Maybe Bill will loosen up some, and we will see more personality.
Not a fan. He's too quiet for me.

Didn't see much of Bill Whitaker Monday as the weather people took over with tornado warnings. I like quiet and understated, reserving judgment until I see a few more episodes.

I didn’t check into it too much, but apparently Anderson Cooper had the lowest ratings of anyone. Very interesting. I wonder if that is Anderson Cooper, or if that is weather warming up, the world opening up more, or if it’s just a reflection of this whole process of the guest host starting to get a little old.

On Monday, Bill Whitaker seemed nervous, and the two challengers both seemed really nervous. It made me uncomfortable to watch, and I thought it might be a long 2 weeks. Thankfully, he has seemed more comfortable and been fine since then. Certainly not my choice for permanent host, but fine.

Bill Whitaker has been my least favorite so far. His voice is too soft and 'calming' to me.

Used to watch when I was younger but lost interest.
So far none of the hosts has drawn me to watch, I don't dislike him but not a fan of Anderson Cooper, he always comes off as haughty and that's not my cup of tea. I think I would watch if there was a clean amusing sharp witted personality that could hold my attention, like Jim Gaffigan. We have google now so we all have encyclopedic knowledge in 30 seconds if we want, I'd tune in for humor.

I don't watch for the host, but if it was Jim Gaffigan I would DEFINITELY not watch! I can get humor elsewhere. I used to watch Win Ben Stein's money, which had Jimmy Kimmel for a few years. Maybe it's just that I hate Gaffigan's voice (and personality)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter