Do you like Hummus?

Do you enjoy Hummus?

• Yes!

Votes: 83 74.8%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • It's just OK.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Never tried it, but I'm going to participate in the poll anyway.

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Made as in from scratch? Starting with chickpeas and all?
I commend your attempts. Me, I don't even know how they mash the chickpeas into mush.

I prefer making my own to the store bought hummus. I even used to have a tag about hummus, when the tag fairy used to be able to give us tags. :teeth:

I use a small size food processor. It contains the mess. A full can of chick peas fits in it.

Plus the trick is to add a quarter cup of the liquid from the can of chick peas. (Drain the rest off & rinse the chick peas.) The liquid helps to process the chick peas to a smoother consistency. If one doesn't add enough liquid, tahini or olive oil, then the chick peas just clump up against the blades like way too thick peanut butter. And then you don't know how to get it off the blades. :confused:

I also get special tahini. I don't use the canned one that is in most stores. That stuff is vile. :crazy2:

And I drizzle on a flavored olive oil on top before serving, along with smoked paprika. 🥰

Never liked the taste. It is just ground up chick peas and never really found it appealing but apparently popular with some people. Rather have some sort of cheese spread on crackers.

I love it. I could eat it every day. I am a hummus snob though. I can't eat store bought hummus, has to be from an actual Mediterranean restaurant. The store bought stuff is crap compared to restaurant made.

Too many flavors for a favorite. Publix BOGO is when I buy, open one and freeze the other 3. A freshly washed pointer finger is low cal. and always ready for dipping. Spicy mustard works for me as a flavor enhancer and then there are my own Curry Powder mixtures also as mix-ins.

I love it. I could eat it every day. I am a hummus snob though. I can't eat store bought hummus, has to be from an actual Mediterranean restaurant. The store bought stuff is crap compared to restaurant made.
Restaurant hummus is the best hummus, for sure.
But the brand that @Mysterian posted (Sabra) is really good. I also like the classic one from Trader Joes...Most other ones are so bland and flavorless imo.
If your home town has a good mediterranean/middle eastern restaurant it's almost guaranteed they'll have good hummus.

I love hummus!

Didn't discover it until I was an adult, but I like most of the ones I've tried. Never made it from scratch.

My usual go-to is Sabra Classic. However, I'm not adverse to trying the flavored varieties. The Garlic one intrigues me.
sabra%3Amediumretina
Garlic is what I have right now! I definitely recommend it.

Last edited:
Eh. It’s OK but if it went extinct tomorrow I wouldn’t care.

There seems to be like 38 varieties now in supermarkets.

Like it. My favorites are the olive one, the jalapeño one and the cilantro one. Haven’t bought it much lately though as my other household hummus eater is away at school and I can’t eat it fast enough alone (well I could, but I shouldn’t).

As somone highly allergic to sesame, I kind of hate how popular and ubiquitous hummus has become. It's made with tahini, which is basically ground sesame paste and the idea of it in restaurant kitchens makes me nervous.

I love it! We buy a container about once a month. This reminded me that we’re currently out and I’ll need to pick some up. I like to dip it with low fat Wheat Thins and have it for lunch. Garlic and roasted red pepper is our favorite. I like Sabra, the Aldi store brand and Trader Joe’s store brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter