Do you believe in Astrology?

I believe there are issues when Mercury is in Retrograde (which we currently are). Does that count?

And wasn't it that Mayan calendar supposedly predicted the world would end in something like 1986? And yet we are all still here. I think the real issue was the calendar ran off the edge of the page and they didn't bother to get a longer piece of paper................LOL.

Had no idea the dates for the various signs have changed. Still think it is nonsense no matter which 'sign' I now supposedly belong to...............LOL.

New thread for me, since I never saw it the first time.

I always considered it harmless fun - identified with a lot of the things my sign* said about me, but didn't make decisions (like who to date) based on it.

* Oddly, this is true for both my "old" sign (Libra) and my "new" sign (Virgo).

But I do agree with this:

...If we are mostly made of water and gravity in the form of other planets etc can alter water with tides and seasons, if we can have Seasonal Affective Disorder, if Alzheimers patients can show changes from sundowning... well why wouldn't it be possible that our minds are changed a bit by the world we show up into? I'm a winter blizzard baby and was born into much less sunine and comfort than, lets just say a June baby... it doesn't strike me as unreasonable to think that might be a part of development. Like everything else there are fictional tales made up to explain observations so maybe Astrology is part of that...

The time of year we're born definitely determines our earliest experiences (as well as many other things throughout life - from small things like what kind of birthday parties we have to big ones like how old we are when we start school). I don't have any trouble believing it influences our personalities.

Do I live my life by it? No, but I do check out my daily from time to time.

Have I ever had any horoscopes hit a little too close to home? Yes...in fact, a few have been eerily specific and on point with some things in my life.

Am I anything like my sign's description? Yes. If I were to read a bulleted sign description list, it's one "that's me" right after another. On top of that, those sign compatibility charts usually also seem to reflect my matches and mismatches. I had no idea what sign he was until we'd been dating for a few months, but DH is supposedly one of my most compatible signs.

People who write horoscopes are able to cleverly state things so generically that they can fool some into believing it is some sort of 'prediction' when in reality their vague statements can be interpreted to mean any number of things by various people.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter