Do you believe in Astrology?

Mysterian

Perfectly Impractical
Spin off from the UFO thread, with a nod to Valentine's.
I myself am not a believer, but hey, maybe you've had the type of story that challenges the skeptics.

Do you believe that celestial bodies govern your decisions and behaviors?
Do you coordinate your schedule according to the constellations?
If you had to choose between horoscopes or tacos, would you choose beef or chicken tacos?

Not really but some of it rings true so I guess ambivalent. If we are mostly made of water and gravity in the form of other planets etc can alter water with tides and seasons, if we can have Seasonal Affective Disorder, if Alzheimers patients can show changes from sundowning... well why wouldn't it be possible that our minds are changed a bit by the world we show up into? I'm a winter blizzard baby and was born into much less sunine and comfort than, lets just say a June baby... it doesn't strike me as unreasonable to think that might be a part of development. Like everything else there are fictional tales made up to explain observations so maybe Astrology is part of that.

I think there is current research into reproduction in outer space and would imagine daylight, humidity, ambient temp etc. are at least some of the considerations.

If you are asking if I think it's magic though, that's a sharp no.

Nope. If you actually read the daily horoscopes they all tend to be worded so generically you could interpret them in any number of ways. Reminds me of when there is some major world event and people take vaguely worded statements made by Nostradamus in the late 1500's and find a way to claim he predicted it.

Only when Venus is in retrograde relative to Uranus.
And yet Uranus jokes are never in retrograde.

I think there is current research into reproduction in outer space ....

OK this is the best content this thread has mined so far. DO GO ON.

(PS- I think this explains why KnightInShining is in such a hurry to get to space.)

Nope. If you actually read the daily horoscopes they all tend to be worded so generically you could interpret them in any number of ways. Reminds me of when there is some major world event and people take vaguely worded statements made by Nostradamus in the late 1500's and find a way to claim he predicted it.
True, much of the material could be roughly relatable with anyone of any sign.
The Babylonians actually left out a 13th sign, which even after being identified, Astrologists never updated.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter